test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invocation Glitch / Bug?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Today during my morning prayers, I heard the sound and saw the animation... but no coin, and no reward. I hit it again and it took. Is this the client not communicating my actions to the server? I doubt Cryptic has the time or manpower to invest in this, but this is here to make players aware to check it before you walk away.

Have fun! <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• nephridil#8530 nephridil Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    This bug has existed forever (well, more than 3 years, at least). It shows up if you are in an instance with a heavy load and the server is slow to respond. Would be nice to get it fixed, but you get used to watching the timer numbers on your deity icon to see if the invoke worked. :-)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For what it's worth, I find it more reliable to enable cursor mode and click the icon rather that to use the keybind for the first invoke. Just going into inspect or opening the inventory seems to unlock the deity icon faster.

The lag in Twilight Tor is atrocious, as it is every year that the devs refuse to change drops so they go straight to inventory.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My husband told me the client did the animation and sound, but the server didn't receive the key command. This has happened to me in combat before where the health potions fail and I get nailed before the server wakes up and takes notice. He said there is an old trick (on their end) to fix it, but they probably don't want to do it. He then babbled some tech talk that always goes way over my head... well I just woke up to go potty, back to bed for another few hours of sleep. :lol:

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

My husband told me the client did the animation and sound, but the server didn't receive the key command. This has happened to me in combat before where the health potions fail and I get nailed before the server wakes up and takes notice. He said there is an old trick (on their end) to fix it, but they probably don't want to do it. He then babbled some tech talk that always goes way over my head... well I just woke up to go potty, back to bed for another few hours of sleep. :lol:

Have fun! <3</p>

Ahh. That may be why when my Cleric does it's daily, the character animation and sound happens but the circle doesn't appear and the daily doesn't happen and I have to do it a second time.

To the OP, the invoke thing happens to me a lot, not all the time, but a lot, and usually in PE. If I don't get the notification window and ping sound I just hit the keybinds again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    So I'll take this a bit further and advise that under certain circumstances if you missed an invoke the day before, you will trigger that invoke then again be able to do your first invoke for today :) It appears as a non register but if you really watch close when it happens this is what you'll see!! Lots of time I see the 45 minute or 60 minute counter pop up quickly prior to going back to normal!

I'm yet to be able to consistently reproduce it so have no reproduction steps to report to development, but this happens... A lot!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I do not see this issue personally because of another issue I reported but was classified as it is the way it is. I even made a video for them to look.
    The issue I have is the XP bonus does not come up correctly until after 8 to 10 seconds after login to the character. I always have to wait until I get the right amount. Then, I invoke. I always make sure I see the countdown before I leave.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    You can tell if you're entering an overloaded instance if the loading bar hangs and starts creeping slowly on the final 15% of its path across your screen. If you get in and your companion does not show up... your still being processed and cannot invoke. Sometimes this lag is bad enough that you can't even switch characters or exit. I've found that exiting the game and going into a new random instance is the best fix. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait till the server catches up with you and the rubber-banding stops.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Yes. I was in PE when this occurred. I also noticed a lot of lag in Icewind Dale too. That might be from Sybella quests this week. If I am online to invoke, I will just park everyone up in Stardock. Nobody ever goes to Stardock. My husband said, a virtually no latency server is possible but it would require too much work on their end. Then he starts talking the "tech speak", like a geek possessed with the dark soul of Stephen Hawking, and I go back to the videos on my phone of people making arts and crafts. I still love the old neckbeard.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
    Port Nayanzaru is really good for parking characters. The lag is long gone, there is rarely more than one instance and it has all the services like banks and such that PE does. Only drawback for me, is needing to scroll the map icons to show Chult.
    If one has VIP, I would say Moonstone Mask is the best place to park.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I've... heard...things in there. :o
    pitshade said:

I've... heard...things in there. :o
    My chat channel is usually not in default. Hence, I usually hear nothing.