test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Auto-Attack?

browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hi all. I have just started playing my Warlock again and have noticed something odd. I have my at-wills and encounters bound to mouse keys, just like all of my other chars, and after a bit of playing, I notice my keybinds for the powers all switch to a square, which in itself is no big deal. However it is around the time that that happens, that as I am running along, my Warlock starts auto-attacking with my left click at-will. I have never noticed this in the past. When it happens I usually see a "Ring of Brutality" message pop up. I have tried unequipping various items to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It's either mechanical mouse failure, or you had opened a window while auto-attacking and you need to hit left click again to stop auto-attacking.
  • browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Does not happen on any other char that I play so cannot seeing it being the mouse. Also was not focused on another window at the time. Was focused on game window and travelling on mount. Good thoughts though!! Thank you for the input! :)
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    My main is a warlock and I do see this auto attack happen HOWEVER it's only when I bring up a window while holding my at-will. Other classes can do it as well, it's how I use to build rage on a barbarian, hold right click, open inventory, let go of click, close inventory. Then the at-will sticks on. The only way I found to cancel it is to use your other at-will. This happens to me a lot in end game trials when I try to use a potion from my bag during battle.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    I have just reproduced it with my storage fighter. What I did was:
    do invocation, do at-will.
    The invocation dialog pop up as delay. He is now keeping doing 'Brazen Slash' and walk across the map. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Hmmmm... Thank you all for the input. I will be checking these out as I try to discover what is going on. If/when I figure it out I will be sure to post. Although, it is probably just a PEBCAK error or something lol
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I have just reproduced it with my storage fighter. What I did was:
    do invocation, do at-will.
    The invocation dialog pop up as delay. He is now keeping doing 'Brazen Slash' and walk across the map. :)

I have had this happen. Using the other At-Will will cancel it.
    Well folks, I appreciate the insights thus far, but none of it seems to work. This last time checking, I had invoked my other 9 chars, logged into my warlock, and just tried to start running across the map. First enemy I got remotely near, auto attack. Had not to that point opened any windows, did not invoke the char, nothing, just started traveling to my destination. I am getting kind of pissed LOL because I had been wanting to play the char again for DPS. grrr Thinking of recording next time I log into that char to try, and then I can show anyone that is interested. Thanks again for all of the input!!! <3
    Well.. I actually still have not had the time to check everything out... BUT, I just thought to try the char after the patch today. I took off all gear and artifacts, and started running around, and guess what? lol NO AGGRO!!! Then I thought, OK, was I just imagining it all or what. So I put gear on 1 piece at a time, running around, and still no Aggro... I have no explanation... LOL I will check again in a day or two... odds