What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official - Combat Changes - Master Trials

Comments

• Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Remember tomm is trail whu need 2 tanki, so 2 bols for each, no more solo tanki tomm, wats one of idea bring 2 tank in tomm + now dps don't wata take agro, so I hope so dps more time ceck agro bars + all debif artis like halaster, sigil, knife, less personal artifact same gud idea

We tested it on preview with 2 tanks (Fighter + Justciar) so I am not talking about solo tanking. I struggled to take the 2nd ball if it critted as Justicar. Fighter didn't have such problems because of CA negation provided by Dig In but it still hitted very hard as crit.

After Annilihate, 3x Arcane Blast is casted by Halaster. Annilihate (somewhere between 2.5 - 5mio base dmg) + 3x Arcane Blast (around 800k base damage each) that hit you in around 4 seconds.

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    @hastati96
    Take it like a man!

Frohe Weihnachten, Nero. Dir und all deinen Lieben =)

Spidey
    The GWF who defeated the top CW in DPS ( only once, but he did!)
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    hastati96 said:

With the change to def, iron warrior and absolution should have value again anyways, but pallys do need something to help with awareness. I assume zariel not being able to crit is a bug, wouldn't make any sense if it was intentional.

How do they have an use again? I thought DR is capped at 90%, even with the new formula.
    Damage Resistance and Defense are different things. The formula is:

taken_damage = base * damage_reduction
    damage_reduction = defense_mult * combined_extra_mitigation

(Combined extra mitigation = product of (1 - X%) for all extra mitigations, or 1 if there isn't any).

The DR cap refers to all mitigation sources combined. The cap for that is 80%, so "damage_reduction" in the second formula can never be lower than 0.2 currently on live. Note: Deflect can go over that.

On preview, it isn't clear if they kept the DR cap at 80%, but I would think they did.

Before defense was changed on preview, the Defense cap 90%, enemies had 10% Armor pen. So you had 80% effective Defense. The defense multiplier was (1 - Defense %). 90% Defense => defense_mult = 0.2. As defense_mult already makes damage_reduction 0.2 and it can't go lower than 0.2, other mitigation sources were useless if you had capped defense.

Now that it was changed, the Defense cap is still 90%, but the formula for the defense multiplier is [1/(1 + Def %)]. This means that 90% Defense makes the multiplier = 0.52, and there is plenty of "space" for mitigations like Iron Warrior, Astral Shield and others to bring that down to 0.2. This is very similar to live, where Defense cap makes the multiplier = 0.50. Note: mitigations stack multiplicatively, so actually reaching 0.2 is somewhat hard. You'll need a bunch of extra mitigations for that.

The only inconsistency is: some powers say they would be an extra mitigation (they are worded like "decrease damage taken by X%"), but they actually increase Defense instead. Those are few and easy to spot (they increase the % in the stat sheet while actual extra mitigations don't), so that isn't too problematic. I found Angel of Protection (Companion) and Bladed Rampart (GF daily) in this situation.

@noworries#8859, could you consider changing Angel of Protection and Bladed Rampart? Either:
    - keep the current behavior but change the description to "increase Defense by X%" (instead of "decrease damage taken)
    - change the behavior so that they actually are extra mitigations, and keep the description.

The second option is better IMO, specially for Bladed Rampart.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2021

@noworries#8859
    Completed a TOMM on preview today. The damage dealt by Halaster seems fine. Here are links to heatwave and superstorm below. The only time dps died was either on hypothermia, or having no mitigation on superstorm (a mistake on that mechanic). I think TOMM is at a reasonably high level of difficulty. I like that the trial is slower and groups can't just brute force through mechanics. This is a good spot for this trial. We will run a Master Zariel's Challenge soon and will post ACT logs for that as well.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766281627789164564/794957813851881492/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766281627789164564/794957887557337108/unknown.png

Did you have fighter tanks for this trial? if yes then its very easy with those tanks.
  • Options
    jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

@noworries#8859
    Completed a TOMM on preview today. The damage dealt by Halaster seems fine. Here are links to heatwave and superstorm below. The only time dps died was either on hypothermia, or having no mitigation on superstorm (a mistake on that mechanic). I think TOMM is at a reasonably high level of difficulty. I like that the trial is slower and groups can't just brute force through mechanics. This is a good spot for this trial. We will run a Master Zariel's Challenge soon and will post ACT logs for that as well.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766281627789164564/794957813851881492/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766281627789164564/794957887557337108/unknown.png

Did you have fighter tanks for this trial? if yes then its very easy with those tanks.
    Two fighters, BUT sentinel can also negate combat advantage and crit chance with the primal instinct daily. The problem will be a paladin tanking. Do they have something that can negate combat advantage for a short time?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @noworries#8859 With the new introduction of CA for bosses, Pallies are now in trouble.

With GF's being able to negate CA by using Dig In, they don't need to put points in this field (which is good) but Pallies need the same to be viable.

* GF's also have the combo of Bladed Rampart (daily) and Sharpened Senses (feat) to negate CA for the duration of the Daily.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Powers that fully negated Combat Advantage made sense balance wise when that was mainly a concern outside of boss fights.

With Combat Advantage being on for bosses it changes the balance.

My current plan to roll out with the next build is that:

Dig In adds 15% awareness
    Sharpened Senses adds 30% awareness to Bladed Rampart

Primal Instinct adds 30% awareness

Divine Protector now adds 30% awareness

That should give all tanks options and also not have a situation where any tank can essentially ignore awareness by having powers that max it out.

This is a great solution and makes every tank class pretty equal. Thanks!
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options

Powers that fully negated Combat Advantage made sense balance wise when that was mainly a concern outside of boss fights.

That should give all tanks options and also not have a situation where any tank can essentially ignore awareness by having powers that max it out.

This is a really good proposal I think! It would allow some build diversity depending on the tank paragons forte and give some freedom to go deflect/crit avoid. Those percentages seem perfect also.
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@noworries#8859
    That sounds good - but if Pallies will be using the Daily Divine Protector for CA in boss fights, could you please consider removing the 3 minute cooldown from the feat Shield Of The Gods as they'll need to pop the Daily more frequently than that (makes Divine Protector work on self only - gives it the same effect as the Sharpened Senses/Bladed Rampart combo). To be fair to Fighters, maybe shorten DP to 10 secs when used with SotG so it matches the uptime of the Fighter combo?

Edit: Fighters will also get 15% Awareness from Dig In? I'm guessing you wouldn't be up to adding the same to Pallies Divine Palisade, but making it possible to activate Tab whilst their shield is up would be reeeaaaalllly welcome! Having to drop the shield, hit tab then raise shield makes things very awkward.

Bearing in mind:
    GFs still have the advantage of being able to strike with their shield up whereas Pallies can't.
    Fighters still recover Stamina under Dig In (at a reduced rate) whereas Pallies don't under Divine Palisade.
    Dig In absorbs 75% of the Fighters HP but Palisade absorbs only 50% for the Pally (meaning they can keep it up for longer/use more frequently).

Hmm, actually, maybe I should just switch investment from my Pally to my GF! :open_mouth:

Dig In is 60%, not 75%. Fighters can not attack during Dig In.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options

hastati96 said:

This is a great solution and makes every tank class pretty equal. Thanks!
    So Vanguard gets nerfed ?!
    Vaguard will remain extremely strong. Getting Combat Advantage immunity from a class mechanic made Fighters extremely durable trial tanks (far ahead of Paladins and Barbarians), and this adjustment is 100% needed. The change to awareness from Dig In and Bladed Rampart makes tanking more skill based, as Fighters will have to decide when to have max awareness.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@noworries#8859
    That sounds good - but if Pallies will be using the Daily Divine Protector for CA in boss fights, could you please consider removing the 3 minute cooldown from the feat Shield Of The Gods as they'll need to pop the Daily more frequently than that (makes Divine Protector work on self only - gives it the same effect as the Sharpened Senses/Bladed Rampart combo). To be fair to Fighters, maybe shorten DP to 10 secs when used with SotG so it matches the uptime of the Fighter combo?

Edit: Fighters will also get 15% Awareness from Dig In? I'm guessing you wouldn't be up to adding the same to Pallies Divine Palisade, but making it possible to activate Tab whilst their shield is up would be reeeaaaalllly welcome! Having to drop the shield, hit tab then raise shield makes things very awkward.

Bearing in mind:
    GFs still have the advantage of being able to strike with their shield up whereas Pallies can't.
    Fighters still recover Stamina under Dig In (at a reduced rate) whereas Pallies don't under Divine Palisade.
    Dig In absorbs 75% of the Fighters HP but Palisade absorbs only 50% for the Pally (meaning they can keep it up for longer/use more frequently).

Hmm, actually, maybe I should just switch investment from my Pally to my GF! :open_mouth:

dig in absorbs 60% not 75% on preview.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    wilbur626 said:

armadeonx said:

@noworries#8859

Bearing in mind:

I meant attack with just the shield raised - not dug in (Pallies can't do anything at all with shield up). 60% is it now? Cool, so just a 10% increase on the Pally...

Question though as I can't recall; can the GF go from 'shield up' to 'dig in' by pressing tab or do they need to drop shield first? My fighter is just 20k so I've not run him through dungeons serious enough to warrant using it. I prefer using my Pally as his powers feel like they work more smoothly (to me) but I do appreciate the ability of the fighter tank.

• Options
    armadeonx said:

wilbur626 said:

armadeonx said:

@noworries#8859

Bearing in mind:

I meant attack with just the shield raised - not dug in (Pallies can't do anything at all with shield up). 60% is it now? Cool, so just a 10% increase on the Pally...

Question though as I can't recall; can the GF go from 'shield up' to 'dig in' by pressing tab or do they need to drop shield first? My fighter is just 20k so I've not run him through dungeons serious enough to warrant using it. I prefer using my Pally as his powers feel like they work more smoothly (to me) but I do appreciate the ability of the fighter tank.
    You can cancel block with Dig In, but not vice versa
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    Is paladin/sentinel tab giving 75%? If so, then fighter getting an extra 15% awareness with their 60% from dig in is balanced. If paladin/sentinel are also 60%, then there is a problem again. @hastati96 do you know?
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Divine Protector, used as Shield of the Gods only lasts 6 secs.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Actually, might it work better with Shield of Faith? 10 sec cool down, can be spec'd to share a heal while shielded and no transfer of damage from nearest ally/180 sec cool down.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Is paladin/sentinel tab giving 75%? If so, then fighter getting an extra 15% awareness with their 60% from dig in is balanced. If paladin/sentinel are also 60%, then there is a problem again. @hastati96 do you know?

As said by noworries, all 3 classes will have their Dailies give 30% awareness but Fighters get an extra 15% from Dig In.

Edit - or are you referring to the strength of the 'dig in/palisade' effect? That is 60% of HP for fighter (ty to those who corrected me) and 50% for Pallies - I don't know what GWFs get.

@karvare you're right - sorry I wasn't at home so looked up the figures on the neverwinter wiki. In which case, the Pally version needs to match the GF (as does the Barbarian).

• Options
    malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User

Unstoppable (Tab) appears to be giving 50% stamina while the effect is active. When it's not active we have 40% stamina. I was under the impression that all tanks had 60% stamina when their tab effects were active. Silly of me for believing that barb tanks would have an equal amount of tankyness as other tanks.

This is with Unstoppable (Tab active).

I have 954,757 HP. With Unstoppable active, I blocked 477,379 damage. That is 50% of my total HP.

Unfortunately it doesn't say how much stamina Unstoppable provides anywhere in game. @noworries#8859 It would be much appreciated if the tool-tip for Unstoppable was updated so that is displays how much increased block Unstoppable provides when it is active. I would also appreciate our Tab mechanic providing the same amount of stamina as the other two tanks :/

• Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User

...I don't understand, and fighters can even attack while in dig in, another advantage.

This is why there's always such an imbalance - the devs see posts like yours and give it consideration, when it's clear you don't really seem to know what you're talking about.

To be clear, a Fighter cannot attack while using Dig In.

Perhaps play a Fighter and get some experience playing it at end-game, and then provide suggestions on how to improve it?