test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Leveling dungeon/skirmish feedback

This is a thread for feedback/bugs with leveling dungeons or skirmishes with the combat changes.

Comments

• betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just tried to run Cloak Tower with my high IL tank, and it took me and another player, a high IL DPS, 20 minutes to get to the first boss. I died during that boss fight, and the other player had to use several charges of a stone of health just to get through the fight. Throughout, We both noticed that the mobs which previously were quite easy and now are as difficult as Avernus level enemies were dropping 1-2 coppers only. We even saw drops of Quartz. After fighting Makred the Foul, we gave up and abandoned the dungeon.

My question is: Will you be making the rewards for leveling dungeons on par with end game dungeons? If not, the time and effort necessary to get through one run of a leveling dungeon is absolutely not worth the current rewards. I'm honestly flabbergasted.

As a long-time player, who just spent money during the Black Friday Zen charge bonus, I'm mortified that my real-life money was completely wasted. I cannot believe what I'm seeing on the preview shard, and I'm livid that this overhaul of the entire combat system was not announced along with the changes to companions. I want a refund of my zen purchase.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    If scaling is working as advertised, then leveling skirmishes should be available to players of all levels. A lot of us missed out on skirmish achievements because we outleveled the skirmishes!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Right now, rewards from dungeons are from the IL of the dungeon instead of the equivalent of the effort you have to put now, which is rewards from the top level dungeon, mainly because with these changes all dungeons have turned into top level dungeons.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Castle Neverwinter: The demons and 1st Boss were not bad. a little harder but I could still Solo them. If the Companions get fixed, then it will be fine. HOWEVER, the Zombies are Brutal. Full team IL 40k+ and there were many deaths. We could not get past the part where we had to kill the zombies before they get to the center. only 1/3rd of our damage was getting thorough and some of us were using +5 and +10% vs undead rings. Which did nothing. I think they are broken.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Master of the Hunt mobs, seemingly mostly the quicklings and the powries, deal absurd damage now. I was able to solo it, with some difficulty, yesterday, but today after the patch I literally can't even finish the last fight due to the adds obliterating me. And this is with even higher defense and awareness than I had the previous day. I suspect whatever boss code was used to give the boss permanent CA has somehow bled over into normal mobs and made them hit harder than the actual boss.

Regardless, there's no way this going to fly.

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Like on live, tanks 30 and under have no way of holding aggro as they haven't been given any utility to do so until picking a paragon. For "tank" roles under 30, can you give them a 2x threat multiplier or something else to hold aggro? Maybe make it so enemies are locked onto first target they see for 5-10 seconds, this will usually be enough time in leveling dungeons to deal with mobs.
  • drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

I just gave some levelling (and older epic) dungeons a quick solo run on a 51k Wizard to see how they felt compared to (a) live and (b) earlier preview patches.

All of the older dungeons, whether epic or normal, feel equally as hard. I didn't feel much, if any, difference from earlier preview patches. All older dungeons substantially harder than attempting the same thing on live. Is that the intention behind the scaling, because it seems wrong to be unable to go through older content any more quickly than newer content?

It leaves me wondering how you're going to balance what I think are two opposing needs - the first is the idea that new and veteran players alike have a reason to play "at a similar level" on old content and the second is a feeling of progression when going back to older content. Right now, neither idea is satisfied by what's on preview.

1.) There is no incentive to run any older content if it's all going to take 30 minutes plus with a full party, unless the rewards for doing so are great. And currently, beyond one REDQ and one RTQ a day, they are not. This makes equalising players a waste, since no one is going to participate in older content.

2.) There is no feeling of progression. Whatever dungeon content I go to, it feels the same. It makes doing speed runs / solo runs / small group runs on older content largely a waste of time.