test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Item/Item Sets to adjust

Comments

• ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hello there!
    Just some thoughts and proposals to enforce or add other posts points:
    - armor bonuses need to provide statsto other contributions rather than ratings
    - priority should go to path of the fallen gear, maybe including Lion Guard set from Infernal Citadel.
    - weapon and artifact sets: some of the old ones should be reworked as well, as bonuses are strong at the point you would have to overboost new gear to balance it. I am overall on the idea new gear should be the best available to accomplish the overall plan to make item level more responsive of a player performance.
    That said here's a couple of ideas, I'll honestly try to take the process as simple as possible, since the bigger the change the greater the risk of more issues following up.
    Armor bonuses:
    Hypothesis 1: Keep the same activation conditions (the requirement from stacking bonuses based on players HP may be tuned down a bit to be in line with new DPS performance), move the bonus to other contribution, but remove/reduce power from Forte on dps classes and defense from tanks (most of bonuses are based on power/defense).
    PROS: easier rework, classes that were in need of power will still have it, without wasting it due to overcap.
    Example: Helm of the Skyblazer: "When fighting with 1 enemy you have 5% additional power"
    Bone Devil's Ribcage: ".. for more than 2% of your hit points ... 2% additional power, stacks 5 times"
    I would say that total contribution from the whole set (head+armor+arms+boots+shirt) should end up in around 30-40% additional power at max.
    Hypothesis 2: Keep the same activation conditions, move the bonus to other contribution, but change the provided stat.
    Example: Helm of the Skyblazer: "When fighting with 1 enemy you have 5% additional Combat advantage"
    CONS: potential forum rage due to additional unbalances caused by that in combination with forte.
    Hypothesis 3: Get some level of bonus customization to allow players to choose bonuses, same as reinforcement kits.
    CONS: huge developing cost.
    Weapon bonuses:
    Weapon bonuses rework should take in account that some old bonuses (Elemental Evil on top) are very strong compared to new one. New bonus from blessed weapons looks like a step in the right direction but, since I would like to have more room for customization and build diversification, another possible option could be allowing players to choose among 8 pre-set options from the artifact modification page (as an example of the possible bonuses: the 4 Elemental Evil, Lionhearth, Mastercraft, Watcher and Burnished bonuses).
    Artifact set bonuses:
    Since most of them are not counting to other contribution, the only change needed would be to Mastercraft ones, that would actually make them competitive.
    Thank you for reading and happy Holidays!
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    A Lot of People are worried about Celestial Weapon Set Bonus since the beginning and obtaining the set is difficult to get because the people who got this set is literally not running that trial any more and finding people to run that trial is very difficult. If you can take out of the weapons from that trial and put bis rewards those drop very frequently legendary / mythic account bound mounts legendary / mythic companions will be a good idea to keep that trial repetitive content
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859

Why the 1010 companion gear with combat advantage has 2 offense slots when the 1100 version has 1 offense slot and 1 defense slot?

Please change the 1100 stuff for 2 offense slots.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    - Suggestion for Weapon Balancing -

My suggestion is to add a factor to the elite Weapon Sets called "Support". 'Elite' weapon sets are set upgrades within a campaign and endgame weapon sets. Support factor reflects damage, bonuses, and difficulty to obtain.

Exalted Chult Weapon Sets (elite) 725 IL, gives 1% Support
    Undermountain Weapon Sets (elite) 980 IL, gives 1% Support
    Hellfire Weapon Set (elite) 1100 IL, gives 1% Support
    Sunset Weapon Set (elite) 725 IL, gives 2% Support
    Legion Guard Set (elite) 1150 IL, gives 2% Support
    Lionheart Set (elite) 1200 IL, gives 3% Support
    Blessed Set (elite) 1250 IL, gives 4% Support
    Celestial Set (elite) 1300 IL, gives 5% Support

Variants for possible Support Effect:
    Variant #1: Each Support% adds +1 to each character attribute (Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha)

Variant #2: Each Support% adds 1% damage and outgoing healing bonus.

Variant #3: increases 5 secondary stats by 1,000 each:
    * Control
    * Control Resist
    * Incoming Healing
    * Outgoing Healing
    * Forte
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > @noworries#8859
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why the 1010 companion gear with combat advantage has 2 offense slots when the 1100 version has 1 offense slot and 1 defense slot?
    >
    > Please change the 1100 stuff for 2 offense slots.

No it is good as it is we dont need that to be offense

Offense stats are capped so having defense is good for dps to be well rounded, I dont like being glass cannon
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

@noworries#8859

Why the 1010 companion gear with combat advantage has 2 offense slots when the 1100 version has 1 offense slot and 1 defense slot?

Because it is meant to be used by tanks.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

@noworries#8859

Because it is meant to be used by tanks.
    Source ?
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User

Still missing the depth in all this changes again. Everything is about min-maxing stats again and will end up with 1 fotm build for every class/path again. I would like to see more creatitivity given to the players, by adding another category of item bonuses, like. "whenever you stun 5 or more foes, your next at-will will hit for double the damage" or "whenever you are teleported to an enemy, all enemies in a range of 20' around you, will be feared for 2 sec". A bit more variety in gameplay is, what this game needs. Not just more % stats here and there and hunting for the next stat cap.
    just my 2 cents

Also quoting this because yes, exactly this.

As the major focus point is going to what %/+/- is suitable for balancing old equipment, be it weapon sets, artifacts, equipments etc.. (literally everything and anything) as well as what stat(s) should be changed on current gear (T3), BiS... I'll completely void that as that's going to be such a cluster F amongst the player base I'd be happy to know that you do actually have the changes set out already regardless of what they are, as others have stated (for differing reasons).

All I would like to throw in the pot for consideration, is if "old" equipment is going to be considered for changes, as well as the variation possibilities as quoted, can we look to non-dmg focus attributes as possibilities for greater build variation? I mean we have all those character slots, coupled with multi-load outs, may as well look to fun variety yet potentially relevant builds. So, "gold", "AD/rAD", summons (fun/viable), movement, drop rates (general/specific), "chance drops" = stronghold/professions/campaign areas. So Utility and beyond, outside of combat (but "combat changes", shh).

Looking forward to where, we as players can't, perhaps take that direction into consideration, for clarity and example, if stronghold changes are going to be a big thing, then item bonuses that make it relevant and helpful. If the direction is, "well, all the old stuff is going in the bin" then most of this doesn't matter, if it does, bring back equipments that have been removed, specifically from collections for whatever reason, if the reasonings are the eisting stats, this is the time to fix/alter and bring back.

Whilst looking at old weapon set balancing and how to achieve it, consider locations only as to not over ride all the effort that goes into new gear in harder content, like sticking a T3 boss in a wall, then having to go afk for a whole 5-10 minutes until it's dead... I mean the come on, that effort.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I just made the mirage set for my rogue for mod 20 changes. I was hoping that with the changes to weapon sets it would become viable although no where near BIS. I like to think outside the box but I must ask are your "mirages" suppose to take damage when they spawn? They don't even last long enough to notice in most fights making this weapon set totally useless.

Could someone there look into this as mirages are by definition an optical illusion. Therefore they should not be subject to damage for the entire 10 seconds (30 second cooldown) they last for!
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @the1truehunter said:
    > Because it is meant to be used by tanks.

Ummm...no.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited January 2021

I just made the mirage set for my rogue for mod 20 changes. I was hoping that with the changes to weapon sets it would become viable although no where near BIS. I like to think outside the box but I must ask are your "mirages" suppose to take damage when they spawn? They don't even last long enough to notice in most fights making this weapon set totally useless.

Could someone there look into this as mirages are by definition an optical illusion. Therefore they should not be subject to damage for the entire 10 seconds (30 second cooldown) they last for!

When I played my CW ages back I used the Mirage set for a long while and yes, the mirages do take damage. I didn't mind so much because as a CW you could fight ranged and they were often nowhere near the enemies and lasted the full time, but it did cross my mind at the time that for a Rogue or GWF for instance who generally have no choice but to fight melee and up close, they wouldn't last long and be pretty useless because they would mostly be right in the middle of things and die pretty fast. So what's the point. But I did love that set and used it far longer than I should have, mostly because I play solo most of the time and Tom, D1ck and Harry kept me company. It was more of a fun set for me than a tactical one and I used it for the visual effect not for any extra damage. But I completely agree with your idea that they should not take any damage being mirages, it totally makes sense.

I'm on the same wavelength as you on older weapon sets and am interested to see what IL and stats the drowned set eventually has because that was another set I used for an extremely long time, far longer than I probably should have as my stats were far lower for my content than I could have had with other sets, but it was so useful for staying alive and the reduction in overall stats used to be made up for by the constant heal.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2021

...snip
    I'm on the same wavelength as you on older weapon sets and am interested to see what IL and stats the drowned set eventually has because that was another set I used for an extremely long time, far longer than I probably should have as my stats were far lower for my content than I could have had with other sets, but it was so useful for staying alive and the reduction in overall stats used to be made up for by the constant heal.

My tank still uses the drowned set when he is fighting demo in the first phase of the trial. The healing is awesome when it is up and you can't damage him in the first round anyways so it fits. Like I said I like to think out of the box :).
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    After completing a TOMM on preview, I think the stats/damage equip bonuses should be limited to as follows:
    • Any gear giving Critical Chance and Accuracy should be limited to 7% (Goristro's Horns for example).
    • Any gear giving Power or CA should be limited to 5% (chest pieces etc.)
    • Any gear giving % damage should be limited to 3%, can go higher if there is a punishment for using that gear (example rusted iron leggings 5% but -25% ICH).
    My suggestion for T3 gear would be like this:
    • Bone Devils Ribcage - 1% CA per stack when dealing more than 5% of your HP in damage/healing (max 5% CA)
    • Goristro's Horns - 0.7% critical chance per stack when dealing more than 5% of your HP in damage/healing (max 7% crit)
    • Helm of the Skyblazer - 3.5% power / 3.5% critical chance when in combat with one enemy (power/crit helmet for single targets)
    • Whispers Hood of Quiet - 5% accuracy/5% movement speed when dealing more than 5% of your HP in damage/healing (accuracy helmet for AoE)
    • Arms of the Last Resistance - 2.5% CA/2.5% defense within 30' of party member (dps arm gear)
    • Divine Blessed/Lionguard arms - Leave as 5k power stacked (for healers)
    • Crusader chest piece - 2.5% power/2.5% crit with temp hp or shield (for healers/tanks)
    • Greaves of the lightguard - 5% power when above 85% health.
    • Upper pact bonds of the inferno/blaze bond - When above 75% stamina, 3% damage/3% OGH (dps/healer shirt).
    • Other T3 shirt (the crit sev/accuracy one) - When below 75% stamina, 5% deflect/5% deflect severity (for tanks).
    • Spiked Defender Vambraces - When hit, gain 1% defense, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% power for 10 seconds (for tanks)
    • Shielded Defender Vambraces - When hitting, gain 1% power, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% defense for 10 seconds (for tanks).
    I will make a follow up post about other gear bonuses (vallenhas gear etc.)
    Post edited by jman3l#5579 on
    masteroga said:

I will post this again, in a different spot since you guys seemed to have ignored. KEEP WEAPON DAMAGE AROUND. You can still have your TIL damage bonus, just have weapon damage as a multiplier too.

Then you dont have to worry about a mod 6 weapon becoming BIS, and dont need to redesign current ones either.

Lionheart weapons are BIS by quite a lot on preview at the moment. Hopefully when they fix Celestial bonus it will be BIS again, as it should be.
    Suggestion for the Glorious Light Set (Sword of Zariel / Belt of Victory / Chains of Glory)

When above 50% health, gain 1% power per party member (max 5%). When under 50% health, gain 1% defense per party member (max 5%). Currently this set is obtained by running the hardest trial in the game and it should be useful. I know 0 end game players that use it on live with its current bonus. This would make it a viable option for all paragons.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Loyalist's_Visage

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Zulkir's_Dreadnought

Can anyone say what bonuses these would be if anyone remembers? Do they still work?

Tip: Correction of demon lord's set attributes.

Currently it is +1 CON + 1 STR this in the neck and belt, when following the logic of the other sets of your season should be +3 CON on the neck and +2 CON and +2 STR on the belt.

Currently it is +1 CON + 1 STR this in the neck and belt, when following the logic of the other sets of your season should be +3 CON on the neck and +2 CON and +2 STR on the belt.

No it shouldn't.. that set is like 10 mods old and 575 IL. It should have way less stats/attributes.

No it shouldn't.. that set is like 10 mods old and 575 IL. It should have way less stats/attributes.
    It is a correction based on the equipment of the same time only.

I believe you still don't understand how the combat change interacts with the old items and the loots. The stack power meta is over!
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    timor211 said:

Everyone wants change on the gear...
    Everyone likes this or there bonus...

Why not change the system to allow collecting all the bonuses on all pieces of gears?

And after to allow player managing each piece of stuff..

1. Everyone can choose the bonus they want
    2. Each old stuff can be usefull..
    A system like mounts ... for each piece of gear.

And in my dreams : you can also make same system for stats on gear

Merry christmas to all of you
    Your dream is already in the game. It is called transmutes :wink:
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021

timor211 said:

Everyone wants change on the gear...
    Everyone likes this or there bonus...

Why not change the system to allow collecting all the bonuses on all pieces of gears?

And after to allow player managing each piece of stuff..

1. Everyone can choose the bonus they want
    2. Each old stuff can be usefull..
    A system like mounts ... for each piece of gear.

And in my dreams : you can also make same system for stats on gear

Merry christmas to all of you
    Your dream is already in the game. It is called transmutes :wink:
    Think its meant in a POE kinda way.

You get gear with stats (or get a base gear to add stats to), add the bonus you want (with restrictions, probably) that you had to unlock before... stuff like we talked about EN MASSE on CDP that will never happen because NW relies on chase items as pretty much sole progression system, while those items not being able to be combined in odd ways the devs did not predict (as is the case with too much freedom of choice, you can either HAMSTER up heavily, find a ok combination, or find the best combination, which leaves us pretty much where we have already been, only that its more complicated.)
    - bye bye -
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    So, if you are going to change Masterwork items, can you give them a reasonable bonus?

Masterwork III Equipment Set Bonus has been adjusted:
    When you use an encounter power, you gain a stack of Alacrity, granting 1% Accuracy and 5% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.

This seems dissapointing for the effort you need to make this weapons.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • bloodnix#2567 bloodnix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I suggest that it is more effective in the PVP, with some equipment that we use in the PVP, as well as in the 4/5 module, which required the equipment that granted us bonuses within the battles of the PVP. The year 2021 would be incredible if we had a quality PVP on neverwinter. Keep working, as we are waiting for new content for the PVP. Personal hug!
  • eniallis#8107 eniallis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Consider the posibility that "Electrum Ring of the Herald" from Avernus Milestone Rewards to add the 10% Defence to percentage and not stat. Its the same issue that DPS have with power, defence stat is capped easily for tanks and healers.
    I posted this in the preview patch notes thread as well, but should also list here since it is relevant.

Ribcage was changed to 2.5% critical strike/2.5% critical severity per stack up to 5 stacks (12.5% each), when dealing damage/healing more than 10% of your HP. With the current system of IL giving HP and the way damage formula works, some classes cannot keep these bonuses procced outside of debuff artifact bursts (wizard/warlock/arbiter etc.). Whereas as classes with more consistent damage/less burst can keep it procced reliably. I suggest reducing the HP requirement to 5%, so that all classes can proc these bonuses, or at least try 7.5% and see how that works next patch.
    edited January 2021
    Am not sure where to put comments about consumables, but they are items so I will try here:

Superior flask of potency (+1) should be changed to the following:
    • 400(440) power
    • 400(440) crit strike
    • 4%(4.4%) critical severity to contribution
    • 400(440) accuracy
    • 400(440) combat advantage
    Wild Storm elixir should be changed to the following:
    • 400 critical strike
    • 4% critical severity (to contributions)
    I would expect other potions in these same "family" of potions to be changed to similar numbers/percentages (foehammer's elixir giving 400 deflect, 8% deflect severity etc.)

Currently there is a plethora of critical severity going around that does not fit within the current system, storm elixir/flask giving 17.5% together at the moment.
  • c9nimbusc9nimbus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I believe the weapon sets from MOD 16 and forward should have a dynamic rebalance scaling into the content. Having a generalized bonus for the weaker and easier to obtain weapons similar to how we have a "1bonus works for all roles" system now. For the harder to obtain weapons that take extra crafting or trial clears I would really enjoy seeing a class and Paragon path specialization. The current "this ability does 10% more X" is a bland upgrade. If you took the time for these weapon sets to fundamentally change the way we play the class and role we would have more interest in obtaining them and a higher reward and a refreshing change of play style. The current reward for Barbarian DPS obtaining Celestial weapons only changes your playstyle in the fact that you animation cancel 5 times to proc the bonus and then play normally as you would with the buff. This was a boring let down as my playstyle didnt really change and I have no fun doing this to optimize my damage. I would rather just lazily do what I always do and let the set bonus go to waste. An example I would propose would be Blood for Blood. When a Barbarian crits with bloodletter it deals extra damage to himself but also gives him a damage buff of some sort. You could make this more interactive by buffing the encounters or daily specifically. Example being a bloodletter crit deals extra damage to self and reduces cooldowns by X. Or when you crit with bloodletter you get a guaranteed crit or bonus to crit severity on next crit.
  • sa1985666#4952 sa1985666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    this would fix the stats / older gear issue : use higher item lvl gear to upgrade lower item lvl stuff like in destiny 2. it would still be horizontal progression and makes older and new content relevant.