test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New combat system

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give my thoughts on the new combat system. As a PS4 user I have to rely on watching various youtube videos on the changes so please take note of that with my feedback. From what I have seen it is looking really good, I notice some community negativity and cynicism with these changes. I see the changes as positive for the game, I have hated the way scaling has worked for the longest time.

I hope with these changes as well that the il requirements for dungeons will be looked at. In the past there have been plenty of people who were doing LOMM in a random queue who didn't have the damage capabilities to defeat the mimics and that just leads to people cancelling as soon as they get into the dungeon or then people getting kicked after failing the first boss. I get people need things to be challenging enough to fail based on not understanding mechanics but really dungeons shouldn't have people in them where their stats are not high enough to do them. This more accurate item level and combat re-work looks like it could deal with that, so I hope the devs take this opportunity to look at that.

I want to say thanks to devs for proposing the change, the only things that are concerning are how damage percentages like Rusted Iron Legs, Ebony Stained Robes etc will work. It seems an easy fit is to make those power percentages but many people will have more than enough power already ( I currently have 189k) so it would be good if it added to your base damage, so if you have 40il with 4000 dmg and then the legs add 200 to the base damage, that could be quite neat but then if you scale down to 20K il then it would be 5% of 2k so then you would have 2100 dmg.
The other thing as well is how things like 3% ranged / melee or 3% encounter or at-wills will work. Has there been any clarity on this so far?

The other thing that concerns me is Forte, is combat advantage really going to be useful for a healer? what about awareness, deflect or deflect severity for a DPS?

Is there any issue with having damage % for items that can scale?

Wish you all well,

Sirslaughter

Comments

• supernut#2520 supernut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Changes look horrible. Any newb can get avernus maps n loot high IL gear for 0 effort. It takes effort to build 240k power that I have wasted time and money into. If they wanted to make a new game they should of. Bless unleashed getting another player.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Changes look horrible. Any newb can get avernus maps n loot high IL gear for 0 effort. It takes effort to build 240k power that I have wasted time and money into. If they wanted to make a new game they should of. Bless unleashed getting another player.

In other words the changes are great becuase they take away the obscure and stupid system we have now that drives away anyone who hasn't been playing over a year or 3, and makes it simpler and more intuitive to gear up, becuase when people whine becuase they wont be special with your L33T gear anymore we know the changes are good ones. B)

Nobody will miss people who leave for other games due to changes like this.
  • nonoko#2679 nonoko Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Anything that tries to take away this DPS Power End Game bullcrap is a win. Why even have a Tank class when u only need them for ToMM and Zc. You don't need tanks in any other content because DPS can just spank everything down fast enough that health doesn't matter.

And being a healer is "almost" as bad, only end game content is where you need to have a healer.

So what's the point!!!!

They have problems that need to be fixed, and they are trying to fix them. Honestly, I think they aren't doing enough. Looking at those new youtube videos were people have already found ways around the changes to continue to make min/max the "ONLY" viable way to play this game.

If one thing i could suggest would be to create content that requires more than min/max and learning just a few mechanics that are used over and over again.

Maybe where those fast moving dps that just love to chargre ahead of everyone are penalized when jumping ahead. Meaning let the Tank take the lead as should be the case.

Make sure a healer is actually needed. Don't allow for such pleantiful ways to heal yourself. Maybe certain content you just don't have healing pots/stones.

Make all healers viable, yes more people will want to play the best healers, but don't penalize players that want to play say Paladins.