test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Item/Item Sets to adjust

Comments

• lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Bonuses that require damaging target for X% of your maximum hit points should has it's requirements halved as we don't hit that much on preview as we hit on live.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I think the Demon Lord Set needs to be looked at again, in it's current state on Preview it's back to being pretty clearly Best in Slot for most DPS classes. The lower item level on this set resulting in the base damage reduction isn't enough to offset the still fantastic bonus this set carries.

you tested demon lord set on the boss dummy which is not losing hp at all?
  • grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm in favor of bonus on gear having not more then 5% rating contribution, that's a good way of preventing power creep and assuring a health future for the next modules.
    Right now the focus should be on improving the 1000-1300 IL (Hunt, Avernus and Undermountain) gear, since its what the most of the playerbase is using and after fix the old campaigns itens.
    Basically anything with fixed ratings should give % as mentioned previously, Support classes need better options and Dps more variety of ratings to choose, so don't put power on every bonus pls!!!

Thanks for the effort with the new changes, we need that.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    With item level becoming important with the upcomming changes it would be nice to see alot of the older gear brought more in line with the current gear.

Similar to Nova's post above the boost in IL doesnt need to be drastic, however you will notice that basicaly anything that was released while the level cap was at 70 is drastically lower in item level than anything that was released since the level cap was raised to 80.

For example most of the artifact equipment is IL 575 at legendary, while the newer sets are almost double at 980. Bringing those sets up to somewhere around 850 at legendary could make them useful while still leaving the newer gear feeling like an upgrade from the old gear.

The stronghold equipment as well as dragonflight gear, although it does look pretty cool it is quite a grind to acquire. Alot of work from something that at the moment is only useful for a transmute. Equipment from the stronghold should feel rewarding and could use a bump or perhaps turned into pvp gear with bonus' that are specific to pvp/stronghold maps.

The mysterious merchant could use some new wares as these days visiting him feels more like going to the 2nd hand shop that it does a 'mysterious merchant'
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @lunartic666 said:
    > Bonuses that require damaging target for X% of your maximum hit points should has it's requirements halved as we don't hit that much on preview as we hit on live.

Yes I was testing goristros horns. Only ranger, barbarian and rogue can consistently keep the stacks up.

@noworries#8859 that is why in my suggestion I changed the hp requirements to 5%, as some burst classes will not be able to keep the bonus procced.

Ultimately, all the T3 gear needs % stats, but keep them diverse so that stats can be balanced. The % i gave in my previous post simply made the current rating into a % (ribcage 12500 power to 12.5% power etc.) Maybe these amounts are too much. Maybe the T3 gear should not give more than 5% stats, T2 gear no more than 4% and 3% for T1 gear etc., with the exception of crit and accuracy, which are not as strong as power/CA, and can perhaps give some more than 5%. Goristro horns giving 10% crit is probably too much, should cap at 5%. Other legacy items should have % stats reduced to 3%. The larger numbers would probably be too overpowered with this stat system. The exception would be weapon set bonuses. 10% should be the maximum for any weapon set, with lionheart and celestial both granting a consistent 10% damage/ogh/damage resist.
    Thanks,
    Neko
    > @darthpotater said:
    > Old sets should be viable. Every old weapon set should have their IL increased to 80% of the most recent weapons. Every set item should be different. Maybe you can introduce a method to improve that percentage up to 90% with items farmed in the dungeon of that mod.
    >
    > I think a revision of every weapon set is doable. There are some old armors that have nice bonuses, they will need a look too.
    >
    > Also put masterwork items in line with the new system. You only need to adjust some IL and most of them doesnt need more work.
    >
    > Some people are asking for 5% in percentage to stats in the new items. 5% is HUGE. 3% maximum is the most we will see with luck. Compare that bonuses with companions or even some enchants.

Regarding gear vs companion contributing %, that is a design question. Should your characters gear give more % stats, or companion slots? Ideally your characters gear should give more stats. 5% is not too much. Race bonuses grant 5%, some companions grant up to 11% stats under conditions and 7.5% consistently. If the developers wanted 5% stats to be max on gear it would still be easy to design these items.

Skyblazer: 5% ca against one enemy
    Whispers: 5% accuracy (stacking 1% per hit over 5% of your hp)
    Ribcage: 5% power (same stacking as above)
    Lightguard: 5% crit above 85% health
    Goristro: 5% crit (same stacking as above)
    Arms of last resistance: 2.5% power/2.5% defense within 30' of ally

T1 and T2 gear could be 1% less or whatever they wanted. The main thing is that each new difficult piece of gear to get needs to be the best. We need a reason to chase these items. That is why the bonus on celestial weapons need to change. Ppl complain about elitist end gamers but nobody will both with those weapons if they aren't the best.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Before I suggested anything, I'd like to know how bonuses can be accumulated. Currently we can accumulate 2x Perk (Your Melee/Ranger Powers of 3% more damage.), can we also accumulate 2x Encounter Reprieve or Critical Charge? I remember that Chult's rings only accumulated from different ranks (+5 and +4), but I have doubts about bonuses like Manticore's Mane Bite, Cursed Strike or Charged Fury that exist in different module equipment.
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > Before I suggested anything, I'd like to know how bonuses can be accumulated. Currently we can accumulate 2x Perk (Your Melee/Ranger Powers of 3% more damage.), can we also accumulate 2x Encounter Reprieve or Critical Charge? I remember that Chult's rings only accumulated from different ranks (+5 and +4), but I have doubts about bonuses like Manticore's Mane Bite, Cursed Strike or Charged Fury that exist in different module equipment.

Its 2x on the 3% melee damage and 3% ranged damage

For 3% encounter or at will damage, you can only have one "gear source." You cannot stack two rings or a ring and twilight bracers and get 2x. But you can stack one piece of gear with the mount collar.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

Alpha compy switch to % damage or another stat, at its current is worse than any other comps

Can be still good for healers. They won't reach Power cap too easily as they should take care of Outgoing healing too.
    rather than the alpha compy on healer i would use deepcrow or another comp. Also power is capped at 50% for healers so not much needed either
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited December 2020

> @admiralwarlord#3792 said:

> Before I suggested anything, I'd like to know how bonuses can be accumulated. Currently we can accumulate 2x Perk (Your Melee/Ranger Powers of 3% more damage.), can we also accumulate 2x Encounter Reprieve or Critical Charge? I remember that Chult's rings only accumulated from different ranks (+5 and +4), but I have doubts about bonuses like Manticore's Mane Bite, Cursed Strike or Charged Fury that exist in different module equipment.

Its 2x on the 3% melee damage and 3% ranged damage

For 3% encounter or at will damage, you can only have one "gear source." You cannot stack two rings or a ring and twilight bracers and get 2x. But you can stack one piece of gear with the mount collar.

This necklace tip is new to me. This necklace tip is new to me. But what about HAMSTER for Tat bonus equipment (+3% At - will/Encounters and -30% of Daily Power)? But what about HAMSTER for Tat bonus equipment (+3% At - will/Encounters and -30% of Daily Power)? Note that unlike the rings you quoted, this has a differentiated bonus that comes a "punishment", do not think he should receive a different treatment? Note that unlike the rings you quoted, this has a differentiated bonus that comes a "punishment", do not think he should receive a different treatment?

Tip: Give numbers in magnitudes to items that have poison (Poisonus Strike and Poisonus Daily) bonuses or that have other buffs such as Survivor's Wraps or equipment with the Golden Steal bonus. Tip: Give numbers in magnitudes to items that have poison (Poisonus Strike and Poisonus Daily) bonuses or that have other buffs such as Survivor's Wraps or equipment with the Golden Steal bonus. I suggest this because many players have no knowledge of what use these buff's can be, since not everyone has time to test them. Use as an example the equipment with Perilous Attraction bonuses. Use as an example the equipment with Perilous Attraction bonuses.

The Blackthorn (https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/The_Blackthorn) believe you have an error in your tooltip and should receive an update in magnitude.
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

Items that need looking at:
    Overload Enchantments - Primarily Black Ice all varieties, Dragon Glyphs all varieties, specifically Companion Slayer and Ward Overloads from the Stronghold.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So I would like to ask why not make artifacts neck belt sets use similar system to one from chult weapon upgrade system, to fill user requirements to have high item level artifact gear, for example when was the last proper used dps sets that are strength based out.

Make it that if i wanted artifact set to be mastered level I can do that and let us players have variety

It is not proper what so ever for a barbarian to be running with charisma belt people for real or use mad mage set that is standing for 3 second and not dying even proccing it but rarely on bosses for melee dps

I am not saying make it for weapons because there are old weapons that need adjustment , but such system would be beneficial for healers to upgrade their Tiamat set for higher rating and stats
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    @jawsofthelife

I absolutely agree with u on this everything is done already and they are just waiting for comments that fits what was done, it is obvious and we all know it.
  • timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Everyone wants change on the gear...
    Everyone likes this or there bonus...

Why not change the system to allow collecting all the bonuses on all pieces of gears?

And after to allow player managing each piece of stuff..
    1. Everyone can choose the bonus they want
    2. Each old stuff can be usefull..
    A system like mounts ... for each piece of gear.

And in my dreams : you can also make same system for stats on gear

Merry christmas to all of you
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I would rather see old items integrated in storyline rewards becoming more easily to obtain and taking a part of guideline until level 70. With the new system where each zone will have to meet a minimum required item level and I expect people to actually try and gear themselfs instead of running with rare quality gear pieces. It s irrelevant to go back in time and farm again for a weapon set as my goal was to go further and become stronger. Even if we are now focusing more on horizontal progression I think items past mod 16 should become easily to obtain via quest in the specific areas of the storyline and thats it. Also bringing older artifacts in line with others won t give incentive to people to obtain new ones. The only artifact set that need an ajustement in terms of Item level would be the tales set and not by alot.
  • bandoswb#3578 bandoswb Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    TWO suggestions have been made that I want to reiterate.

1. Make all artifacts have the same item level. This seems straightforward and allows for greater build variety.

2. UPGRADE old equipment to 80-85% of current highest item level.

The mechanics of this change could be similar to getting a signet of patronage; ie AD plus campaign currency to upgrade a piece. The "forge" would always be in the newest "hub" so that the pieces could only be upgraded for endgame, allowing new players and alts to progress naturally.

For example: You may want/need extra crit severity, so you could upgrade the Bonespurs, a Chult t1 hunt piece, from IL 672, to IL 1050. The combined rating and other ratings would increase to be the same as any 1050 IL feet, and you would get Butcher's Tenacity, extra Crit strike and Accuracy (stats on those boots).

The benefits are flexibility of build, relevance of running older content, including hunts, a bit to gather currency, AD suck to upgrade the pieces, and all the bonuses are possible. Further, it won't be at the highest IL, so won't discourage people from farming for the best IL gear.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Agree that ALL artifacts should have the same ilvl and giver roughly the same amount of stats. Let the bonuses and unique powers be what sets them apart from each other. Low lvl artifacts doesn't make sense from any perspective.

Old equipment being brought closer to ilvl/effectiveness (looking at everything that can be bought with adventurer's seals or drops from RTQ) I also agree with. Closer, but not as strong, but also not so weak as to be useless in Mod 16-19 campaigns like it is now.

Since we're reinventing the wheel with this combat update, let's address a bigger problem.
    Older content (Demogorgon, Tiamat, Castle Never, Malabog, Ravenloft, etc) needs to stop dropping useless (low ilvl) gear and start dropping more useful items in their place, such as more enchanting stones or higher chances of mounts and companions. Make your content worth playing again. Once a day RAD isn't enough. I haven't once played Ravenloft dungeon since coming back to the game because the challenge is higher and the rewards are useless. Such a shame!

Ok, back to gear changes: all the ratings on "current" gear (Mod 16 thru 19) need to be swapped to percentage increases. +5% to accuracy, for example, instead of a flat and non-scalable rating increase. All of them should be swapped. Smaller percentage for Mod 16 and obviously bigger for Mod 19 and even more for Avernus Hunt/Trial gear.
    The community here will always be split on what specific stats should go to what gear, so maybe focus more resources on overall changes to how gear makes us more powerful. Percentages in lieu of rating increases is only one example. What about more bonuses to recharge speeds? Divinity needs a serious overhaul for pals and clerics - now is the perfect time to address that with gear bonuses, perhaps.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    As others have mentioned, the weapon set bonuses should be updated to reflect how high-end they are within the game, now that damage is no longer derived from the weapons. Celestial should have a slightly better bonus than LionHeart, which in turn should have a slightly better bonus than Blessed etc.

As for the debate over % power vs % damage bonuses, ultimately I think a core issue is the fact that having both is redundant and confusing. Ignoring that for a moment, for me it would make sense to have some of the "elite" bonuses (E.g. Compy and DeepCrow) changed to % damage. I'd also expect a % damage bonus to apply to the potency of heals too, but based on what I've read so far it seems not to (I don't play a healer, so I don't know how that aspect works on preview).
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I just want to say that I have seen a lot of posts telling the Dev's what people would like to see as bonuses, and how they should do them. That was not what noworries asked for in this post.

Also if a particular set offers a flat stat bonus that applies above the line it should stay that way, if it offers a percentage that applies below the line it should stay that way. I would agree that power might not be the best stat given the changes, but changing where the bonus applies I disagree with. As an example changing the T3 gear to be another offensive stat would create some build vareity. For example head offer Crit Chance, Chest gives Accuracy, Arms give power, Boots give Combat Advantage.

In Addition, I dont agree with raising the IL of any of the old sets (neck, belt artifact) or weapon sets for that matter. Since some of the old bonuses are very good for some classes and not for others it creates a variety of choices for the player, higher IL for damage/HP etc versus set bonus, nothing will be obvious it must be discovered. Having said that I don't want older sets nerfed, if people are willing to go back and attain these older sets they should remain as they are.

Lastly I do agree of all the older things that should be looked at is Class Sigils, they have been ignored to long, they need to be brought forward as level 80 artifacts with IL and stats to match.
  • yoshiicapone#2520 yoshiicapone Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thanks noworries for sharing this...myself, and many others in the alliance I am in, have been discussing this as well.
    I know there are many good ideas in this thread, however if I can share my thoughts:

- I'm not sure if you are talking about equipment sets (i.e. artifact sets), but if you are...I'd say most of the legacy equipment perks are very good and viable today, however what is NOT viable is the stats attached to those sets...adjust those and there is a plethora of stuff for players to choose from (and mitigate the amount of cookie-cutter builds in the game now). I know a lot of players may complain about "old" stuff and "grinding" for stuff...but change is inevitable in both real life and game life so everyone should get used to it.

- If you are talking about gear (head, chest, etc.) then I would say PLEASE don't just adjust Avernus...it is a disservice to new and mid tier players who are not there yet (yes the vets and hard-core grinders are not liking this comment). We need to make sure there is a balance spread across many achievable avenues while also given variety for all players who do not want to do and use whatever everyone else is doing and using. If you have a limited scope, then consider many players are still running ME's and Lomm...review and make a pass at Avernus/ME/Lomm gear as a start and see what happens.

No matter what you guys choose to do, the game has gone through many changes and over the last 12 months and I look forward to seeing what the next 12 months have to bring.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    About some of the points mentioned here:
    • As things are, most artifacts, artifact gear, and general item sets are essentially useless. In theory, that's exactly how it should be....for a game like this, there should be a constant progression - you get lousy gear, use that until you get mediocre gear, then decent gear, good gear, and eventually great/ultimate gear. Unfortunately, the game does this badly - people reach max level too quickly and can jump straight from "free handout" gear to "close to end-game gear". The stuff in between is pretty much irrelevant.
    • Some people mentioned giving all artifacts the same max stats. Sure, that would make some of them more useful, but I'd rather keep things as they are.....there is at least some potential for progression now. One exception though - I would really recommend improving the class sigil artifacts, so that they have higher max stats and bonuses that are actually relevant for the corresponding classes ... right now, there is maybe one sigil this is borderline relevant for one paragon of one class, and that just feels wrong.
    • As for separaing the bonuses from gear, I have been suggesting that for a long time....here is my proposal: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256953/four-problems-and-one-proposal Make all equipment bonuses slottable, and craftable. This would make crafting relevant, and availablility of the "best" bonuses can be controlled through the availability of the components required for crafting. And yes, this would be a great AD sink, through the 10% AH cut.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    For me, more player choice is better than tweaking stats and percentages. For example the two best things which have never really been explored are 1) Tarot Deck artifact 2) MH/OH weapon enhancements. Everything else I can think of is "oh this gets me closer to capping this stat". I'd much rather have more freedom for my build e.g. just now everything adds so much combined rating that there is no real freedom.

Of course I understand that some kind of new system e.g. using the forge to personalize any gear with different modifiers is a big change and outwith the scope of the current rework.

For the current rework gear/enchants/comps need to be changed to provide deflect severity. I tried max'ing my Ranger's Deflect and got it to 87.5%, but couldn't see how to get a reasonable Deflect Severity making Deflect useless (and it's on my paragon path)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think people would welcome a general switch from stat numbers to percentages. This would also work well with boons.

@noworries#8859 you'd previously floated the idea of repurposing one or more of the Power boon boxes - if boons were 1% increase per tick, you'd be able to do that without uproar.

Changing boons to % pts would also future-proof them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox