test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Item/Item Sets to adjust

There has been a lot of discussion on potential changes different items in the game could receive with this update. We certainly wouldn't change every item in the game, but we would like to adjust some key items with our combat changes.

This thread is for suggesting items, equip bonuses, or set bonuses that could be changed. I plan on having that be an area to tackle after the new year.

To keep this thread manageable please try not to repeat items when possible, unless adding/discussing the issues/reasons surrounding an item. Giving a like/react to a post that already has items you agree with will be as effective as repeating the item in a new post.

Where possible please be specific on the item/s being discussed as well as why you feel it should be changed.

Happy Holidays, and have a wonderful New Year.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    While accuracy may be ok for changes, a good look at the bonus amounts for the all reworked masterwork items is a great idea! They are still in line with chult for the bonus's, while the rest of the stats are good.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    all talk about damage and hit cap on all offensive stats with the first day on live server...............
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User

Alpha compy switch to % damage or another stat, at its current is worse than any other comps

Can be still good for healers. They won't reach Power cap too easily as they should take care of Outgoing healing too.

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
    One thing I'd like to see replaced (or better said fixed) is the warlock offhand modification that actually buffs Infernal Barrier (soulweaver at-will).

• dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

Yes, more power for the DPSes and nothing really for the healers.
    While I agree with your suggestions, I cannot but fail to see anything there particularly good for healers.

My suggestion would be to make the Staff of Flowers have a bonus that would be great to be used by healers since all the items in that set are best for healers from ratings perspective (crit strike, power, crit avoidance and some awareness for boss fights).
    I suggest to change the set effect to +3% outgoing healing when the player's HP is > 50% and +3% defense when it's < 50%.
    I suggest to change the set effect to +4% awareness for players standing in the flower area (10 seconds duration).

Nothing was said that healers don't need %s from gear. I have no idea how healers work in the newest patch, I'd assume that they need power, accuracy and crit/crit severity though, which some of the items do add.

I would have nothing against if sets would be made more useful for supports, like Apprentices adding +15% outgoing healing after using a daily. Or Halaster's Odds and Ends' Mad Dash also adding Outgoing Healing. Yet, I can't say that they should be made this way as we don't know how viable are healers right now. Do they need or not a buff. Remember that healers are put into general support area as they usually have enough healing to keep the team up.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > Suggestions for gear are as follows (all equip bonuses going to % contribution unless stated):
    >
    > Bone devils ribcage: When damaging or healing your foe for more than 5% of your HP, grant 2.5% power, maximum of 12.5% (5 stacks).
    > Helm of the Skyblazer: When in combat with one enemy, increase critical chance by 10%
    > Whispers hood of quit: When damaging or healing your foe for more than 5% of your HP, grant 2% critical strike, maximum of 10% (5 stacks).
    > Greaves of the Lightguard: When over 85% health, grant 7.5% accuracy.
    > Arms of the last resistance: When you are within 30' of an party member, grant +5% power and +5% defense
    >
    > Celestial set: When using an encounter power, grant +10% damage and +2% combat advantage for 10 seconds, no cooldown.
    >
    > These are some of the ideas I had.

I would like to add +10% OGH, +10% damage resistance (not defense) to celestial weapons. The bonus needs to be simple and effective, like lionheart sets.

Yes, more power for the DPSes and nothing really for the healers.
    While I agree with your suggestions, I cannot but fail to see anything there particularly good for healers.

My suggestion would be to make the Staff of Flowers have a bonus that would be great to be used by healers since all the items in that set are best for healers from ratings perspective (crit strike, power, crit avoidance and some awareness for boss fights).
    I suggest to change the set effect to +3% outgoing healing when the player's HP is > 50% and +3% defense when it's < 50%.
    I suggest to change the set effect to +4% awareness for players standing in the flower area (10 seconds duration).

Nothing was said that healers don't need %s from gear. I have no idea how healers work in the newest patch, I'd assume that they need power, accuracy and crit/crit severity though, which some of the items do add.

I would have nothing against if sets would be made more useful for supports, like Apprentices adding +15% outgoing healing after using a daily. Or Halaster's Odds and Ends' Mad Dash also adding Outgoing Healing. Yet, I can't say that they should be made this way as we don't know how viable are healers right now. Do they need or not a buff. Remember that healers are put into general support area as they usually have enough healing to keep the team up.
    With the current setup, healers are nerfed. They need high Forte stats to recover to the divinity/soulweave regen we currently have in live. But that's another topic.
    They need power, crit strike, crit severity, outgoing healing and defense and critical avoidance (for now only in ToMM for Hypothermia). They don't need accuracy..

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I agree with most of the suggestions here.

But I want to ask to not make every BIS item available only in huts. Please. Make this items BoE so people can sell them.

Please tell me how was the experience (developer Point of View) of putting Rings in ToMM BoE. Because players answer was a massive interest in the trial. Even now is being played a lot. In the other side, Master Zariel. Nobody plays that trial.

Can we get finally a change in this practice? The game's best time was allways when you could sell anything. And is neccesary to cut AD from the game also.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

With the current setup, healers are nerfed. They need high Forte stats to recover to the divinity/soulweave regen we currently have in live. But that's another topic.
    They need power, crit strike, crit severity, outgoing healing and defense and critical avoidance (for now only in ToMM for Hypothermia). They don't need accuracy..

We don't know if we need critical avoidance on healers just yet, because Halaster is doing obscene amounts of damage right now. As well as Zariel. It might just be that we will only need defense.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Theres no question, most if not ALL T3 hunt gear needs a rework as well as the Celestial weapons. The amount of time, effort, and skill people already put in, not to mention the time others would/will have too warrants these items to be BIS. This is also much easier then going back and trying to balance every little odd and end item in the game from previous mods
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

I think the Demon Lord Set needs to be looked at again, in it's current state on Preview it's back to being pretty clearly Best in Slot for most DPS classes. The lower item level on this set resulting in the base damage reduction isn't enough to offset the still fantastic bonus this set carries.

Music box set is doing pretty insane damage on ranger/cleric/wizard on preview. Because base damage numbers are overall higher, inherit danger is hitting for a larger % of our total damage. Demon lord set is probably only 4% damage in practice (if that). Halaster set probably beats it currently when you factor in bonus + attributes + item level.

I forgot to add a suggestion for breastplate of the crusader. It seems like this piece is geared towards tanks and healers. So perhaps something like the following:

Breastplate of the Crusader: While having temp HP or a shield, increase power 5%, awareness 5%.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Keep that in mind this is just my opinion and all I have wrote bellow it is just an example.
    Once you guys will drop mod 20 with new items, most of the actual items in the game, no matter what bonus it provides will become obsolete in few months. Since you re now focusing on horizontal progression I would like to see those gear pieces maintaining their relevance in time. I would suggest you to look at different ways to make for gears giving a small percent to other contribution covering all the statuses for all types of roles up to 5% and promote your forge system from now on in various new content chapters where we can upgrade those gear pieces having an aditional set bonus for the specific content and a slightly increase in item level. For example : Ribcage will provide 1% Accuracy and 1% Combat Advantage each time you deliver a hit more than 5% of your health, up to 4 stacks. When you upgrade your Ribcage in forge this will become part of the set in combination with any other 3 tier 3 pieces that will provide you up to 4% damage bonus or rezistence vs all enemyes in Avernus.
    With horizontal progression you guys can move from higher and higher statuses/bonuses/item level to a slightly increase in item level with new chapter introduced that comes with new items, a similar bonus that won t pass the 5% rule and the only difference will be the set bonus that will be thematic and will make the difference. This way you can increase the difficulty of the future content without having to increase the overall performance of the new items making the old one irrelevant. The only one factor that will make the difference will be the thematic bonus such as 5% overall damage versus all enemies in Avernus and 5% overall damage versus all enemies in mod 20. This is just my point of view. And it would be cool if you will introduce Legendary ranks for the rest of the gear pieces, such as Armor, Arms, Helm, Boots, Pants, Shirts. It is more a pshichologycal desire for people to aquire a superior grade. At least for me. Looking forword to read more ideeas.

Thank you!
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    To end the bickering about this equip bonus and that equip bonus for this class or that, there's a simple and good for all classes approach. Make equip bonuses selectable just like the current weapon modifications. Offer a percent bonus to each stat, to be rolled with cubes of augmentation. Just like weapon sets. Only do this for the path of the fallen/redeemed citadel gear and hunt gear. Followed by all future gear. It cant be that difficult to implement when you can just copy/paste the code from weapons. This idea makes the newer gear good for all classes... and creates a well needed ad sink.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Since I’m weird, I will let others ask for changes to the latest “meta” gear and rather focus on the legacy stuff that can be used in alternative but very much viable builds and give both new and veteran players a reason to actually grind older content. The incoming changes to the combat system have already made a lot of legacy gear very good, but there are a few sets and gear pieces I would like to see adjustments to;

I would love to see the Dusk set return to tradebar store or the Underdark armor vendor. The 3 set bonus can be a very solid choice for players progressing their characters, and a very powerful alternative for “endgame” tanks. Increasing the item level for both Dusk and Drowcraft gear to match atleast other lvl 70 items would give more players a reason to farm the underdark content like demonic heroics and the skirmishes. In a perfect world, we would get to see a reworked high level Demogorgon trial, where the Drowcraft set would be close to mandatory and a high itemlevel version of the Dusk set was added to the loot table. The shirt + pants can also be relevant for support classes if bonus got a boost.

The Great Protector set (Cloak of the Protector + Cragmire artifact + Greater stat belt) should have its set bonus adjusted to make it a viable choice for progressing tank toons (currently 500 defense/10000 HP). The cloak should be added to dungeon loot table like the other items needed to complete the set.

The sets from the outfitter in guild strongholds should also have their stats/bonuses adjusted, this would both add to gear alternatives, give players a reason to run guild activities like Dragonflight / Stronghold Siege and have the long wait for future stronghold upgrades feel a little shorter. Mysterious merchant gear could also need minor adjustments.

As a veteran I am tired of older dungeons/skirmishes/trials. I would not find interest in grinding them again just for obsolete gears with refreshed bonuses. After you run TOMM 500+ times like I did or any other dungeon/trial in the past thousands times you will understand what I am talking about. They can use those old pieces as reagents or shards for new equipment reinforcements. If they want to keep our interest in redoing older content they need to add proper rewards that will worth our time. Also they won t have time to update every set bonus / gear piece bonus in the game. I would rather love to get a great set bonus or individual gear piece bonus in endgame following the horizontal progression scheme and keep its relevance, than having to farm an older one. This is just my opinion.