test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FEEDBACK - Crossing the Finish Line

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
Here is your K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple...) moment.

Bottom line is... Progression right? We play to progress, to achieve new goals/items and become better then what we were..right? It is what keeps us logging in and ( for a lot of us) spending MONEY on this game. Pretty Simple concept.

So then, why bother progressing to End Game status ...because you will only....
1.) Scale us down and negate some of the progression we may have achieved.
2.) Keep us running content that bring ZERO progression and very little to ZERO REWARDS.
3.) Change the game as to make new content unnecessary to play ( Avernus T-3's and ZCM Weapons )
4.) Make it near impossible to have more then ONE Character (as the time and cost is to high for most of us)

Being able to have multiple characters like... let's say, a Healer, Tank and a DPS. would give us lots to do and lots of reasons to play and even INVEST in this game. Again, a Pretty Simple concept.

Roughly 20% of our Alliance has quit the game in the first weeks of DEC..due to... well, basically they crossed the finished line. Got their Celestial Weapons and BAM.. no need to play any more as it took most of their resources to build ONE character.

Neverwinter could have one of the biggest players bases... if you just stop telling those End Gamers... Goodbye, we have nothing for you.. NEXT...

Just Give us a reason to play, to invest time and money, because right now..... there is none.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If you spend money to speed up thing and only play one character, you go through the finish line fast.
    If you don't spend money to speed it up and play multiple characters, it will take much longer time to reach the finish lines.
    If you don't want to cross the finish line fast, don't spend money to counter what you want. Spend money for QoL instead.

Nothing much to do after finishing a mod has been exact reason why I currently play 6 characters. After the 1st hit the ceiling, I started a new character (of different class) from scratch and finished everything (no buyout, etc). After all these years for this repeated situation, I now have 6. my original plan wanted to reach 8 but I could not because those 6 have been enough for me to cover before a new mod arrives.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    There is no finish line to cross.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    They need to make people earn endgame. The first time you take a character to 80 should take at least 6 months. After 80, the game is just grind.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There is no finish line to cross.

Actually the finish line just gets moved a little bit further from the start every now and again :)

They need to make people earn endgame. The first time you take a character to 80 should take at least 6 months. After 80, the game is just grind.

New player does not have that kind of patient.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well..... Cryptic NEEDS players that pay, correct? Some players have multiple characters (like me) that do spend real money and have played this game since Mod 2 or before (like me).

Mod 12 was the first time I even invested in this game. I never really thought about becoming an "End Gamer" until I got into a LvL 20 Guild. They showed me a whole new world of gaming and WOW, it is exciting. I now have one character that can ZCM and I really enjoy it, but... it does get a bit boring after a few weeks, like eating Hot Dogs every day for a solid month kind of boring

Throughout the years, I have built multiple copies of every class and now, sit here with one of each in my acct. They are all level 80 with all the "Proper" gear, artifacts, Lionheart weapons,companions, Boons, and 7 Legendary Mounts. I can only afford one set of Enchants/Bonding runes and mounts at 100% bolster, which is needed to run ZCM.

So, if there is NO finish line... what IS there to do after Zariel Master? Run around in circles in PE? Run the same content over and over and over and over and over for the same, little to no rewards. I get basically the same rewards running LoMM or ME's that I do running Zariel Master. Sad

1.) I will need 2450 Mount tokens = 14,700,000 diamonds or $180/Zen to get my next ONE character to 100% bolster
    2.) I can only refine 100k AD per day. That's 147 days of refining. I reach that 100k in like.. 2 hrs.

I am suggesting that... as pure feedback is to.....
    1.) Give us better rewards ( 2-5 mount upgrade tokens is like your grandmother giving you a shiny new nickle in 2020)
    2.) Let those players with V.I.P (maybe like Rank 10+) refine 200k AD per day per Acct.
    3.) Sell 75 Upgrade Tokens for 250 Zen.

This would allow us to reach our goals without making it feel like we are not progressing but a few inches per day.
    edited December 2020

Well..... Cryptic NEEDS players that pay, correct? Some players have multiple characters (like me) that do spend real money and have played this game since Mod 2 or before (like me).

Mod 12 was the first time I even invested in this game. I never really thought about becoming an "End Gamer" until I got into a LvL 20 Guild. They showed me a whole new world of gaming and WOW, it is exciting. I now have one character that can ZCM and I really enjoy it, but... it does get a bit boring after a few weeks, like eating Hot Dogs every day for a solid month kind of boring

Throughout the years, I have built multiple copies of every class and now, sit here with one of each in my acct. They are all level 80 with all the "Proper" gear, artifacts, Lionheart weapons,companions, Boons, and 7 Legendary Mounts. I can only afford one set of Enchants/Bonding runes and mounts at 100% bolster, which is needed to run ZCM.

So, if there is NO finish line... what IS there to do after Zariel Master? Run around in circles in PE? Run the same content over and over and over and over and over for the same, little to no rewards. I get basically the same rewards running LoMM or ME's that I do running Zariel Master. Sad

1.) I will need 2450 Mount tokens = 14,700,000 diamonds or $180/Zen to get my next ONE character to 100% bolster
    2.) I can only refine 100k AD per day. That's 147 days of refining. I reach that 100k in like.. 2 hrs.

I am suggesting that... as pure feedback is to.....
    1.) Give us better rewards ( 2-5 mount upgrade tokens is like your grandmother giving you a shiny new nickle in 2020)
    2.) Let those players with V.I.P (maybe like Rank 10+) refine 200k AD per day per Acct.
    3.) Sell 75 Upgrade Tokens for 250 Zen.

This would allow us to reach our goals without making it feel like we are not progressing but a few inches per day.

1. Your "finish line" would be your 100% bolster if that is what you are aiming for.
    2. Find another way to earn AD. Many do not depend only on that 100K AD to be refined.
    3. Yes, better and easier wayS to get upgrade token. No, Zen market is not the solution for player but for company's coffer.
    4. Allowing AD refining cap more means even higher inflation. Your 14.7 million AD cost would (say) become 25.4 Million AD. You may never catch up. However, I think Cryptic would love that because it seems they don't mind making Zax waiting time longer.
    5. Shhh! Don't tell them it only takes you 2 hours to get 100k. They may make sure you will take longer (say, 2 days) to earn as much.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Very well then... it is what is .. either play the game as is... or don't. Pretty simple I guess.