Install Arc

Preview Patch Notes: NW.123.20201217e.2

2»

Comments

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    hastati96 said:

i don't understand:
    as a paladin tank, when i use absolution or sigil of the paladin, the % that those give to damage resistance should or should not appear in the % of defense? do they count toward the 90% cap ? at the moment it doesn't seems so

I cannot find that comment right now but someone did some testing previously and found:
    1. These damage mitigations works as additional multipliers (so, Absolution gives you *20% multiplier, not +20% to Defense).
    2. You still cannot reduce your incoming damage (with all defense, paladin sigil's, encounters and other multipliers) to more than 90%.
    I am still sceptical about the whole migation calculation. It is possible to reduce incoming damage by over 90%. A fresh screenshot from today in Halaster on preview. See "Effectiveness".

Maybe some dev can clarify what exceeds the 90% damage reduction?
    The DR cap on live is 80% (making the minimum effectiveness 0.2 when taking damage) and I think that's right on preview too (need more testing), but Deflect is calculated separately. All of those hits expect the 4th were deflected. How much Deflect severity do you have? Also, what additional mitigations were active, if any?

EDIT: ah, just noticed, you absorbed a good portion of the damage with Shield. I think that changes the effectiveness calculation on ACT, maybe it only considers actual damage taken on HP. If that's the case, trying to figure out the DR with ACT will be quite misleading if you use your shield.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Fanning the Flames should act similar to the Warlock's Curse Bite;

Dealing 250 Magnitude Damage to all targets effected by Smolder as well as an additional 50 magnitude to all targets within a small radius of each enemy if effects.

The main issue with Fireball is the cast time; it's far too long for the low Magnitude it has.

I'd suggest the Magnitude be increased to 300 by default, the cast time be lowered slightly and the Spell Mastery version to be changed to:

Spell Mastery:
    Fireball can now be aimed at a target location and deals 250 Magnitude damage to all targets hit. It can now be charged by holding down the button to cast up to 3 Fireballs in a row at the targeted location.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Fireball increased magnitude on mastery? WOW! It's just too bad Ray of Enfeeblement is mandatory in spell mastery when you're a wizard.....

How about "...if fireball deals damage to only 1 enemy, it instead deals 750 magnitude". Give that a try. You could actually try that with all of their AoE skills, give them an identity. Then the class could chose which enemies to target during a dungeon on the fly....burn down the really big enemy fast or deal small damage to all mobs. Right now wizard really struggles, you can't do both without completely different loadouts and skills...where as other classes easily can
  • onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @nitocris83 I have a few questions.
    1. Will only two companions (Batiri and Air Archon) do damage, or will the new changes affect other companions as well? Because now it turns out that you replaced the Chicken and Xuna with Batiri and Archon.
    2. What will happen to the Vorpal? Will this stone still give 4% crit in the future? Or will you change the numbers?
    3. When the changes take effect, will players be able to exchange some enchantments in addition to the Bonding Runestones, or will they have to buy everything again?
    In conclusion:
    Even with the proposed changes, the Thaumaturge class will not be competitive. As I said earlier, right there on the forum, his problem is not in magnitude, but in class mechanics. In addition, the problem of the Fireball is not in the cooldown, but in the animation itself (it takes too long to create this Ball =) ). Also look again this Rimefire Weaving. Don't you think that this 10% is not enough?
    Another question. How can a Thaumaturge counter this Arcane Empowerment? Mm?

Thanks for attention.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Daily reminder to buff vorpal to at least 8% critical strike and 2% CA for 10 seconds after daily, to put it on par with bilethorn enchantment. ACT logs and test results have yielded the following using bilethorn enchantment, in terms of % of total damage over several minutes test sample:
    Warlock 17% to 19%
    Barbarian 12% to 15%
    Rogue 9%
    Ranger 6%
    Cleric 3% LOL

Slow hitting classes need something else to use that can compete with bilethorn (vorpal).

Screenshot for warlock and ranger below:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/723829709829308448/791637870145175572/unknown.png
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/5GWy1CD1TYeWZ2LtdhC2nQ.png
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

Daily reminder to buff vorpal to at least 8% critical strike and 2% CA for 10 seconds after daily, to put it on par with bilethorn enchantment. ACT logs and test results have yielded the following using bilethorn enchantment, in terms of % of total damage over several minutes test sample:
    Warlock 17% to 19%
    Barbarian 12% to 15%
    Rogue 9%
    Ranger 6%
    Cleric 3% LOL

Slow hitting classes need something else to use that can compete with bilethorn (vorpal).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/723829709829308448/791637870145175572/unknown.png

Why does everyone seem to want to convert vorpal to critical?

Why not 8% critical and 8% critical severity?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Warlock 17% to 19%
    Barbarian 12% to 15%
    Rogue 9%
    Ranger 6%
    Cleric 3% LOL

Why does everyone seem to want to convert vorpal to critical?

Why not 8% critical and 8% critical severity?
    Too keep it in line with the rest of the weapon enchantments, it would have to be 4% crit and $ crit sev. I would rather just have it be all Crit chance.
    > @zimxero#8085 said:
    > Why does everyone seem to want to convert vorpal to critical?
    >
    > Why not 8% critical and 8% critical severity?

That would be a good bonus i think. It would be difficult for arbiters to use since critical severity is on their forte, but this would work well for rangers. I'd rather have 8% critical strike and 5% CA or something like that. Anything that gives power or critical severity is somewhat wasted because of how easy those stats are to cap to 90%.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    i keep posting dmg like this....its impossible for me to test ANYTHING while i am constantly hitting for 1-2 billion dmg and one shotting EVERYTHING.
    on top of that, i immediately self heal for 1-2 billion hp.

Combat (Self)]Critical Hit! Your Vorpal Weapon deals 1058065984 (2014152448) Arcane Damage to Soul-Infused Barlgura

changing vorpal to crit or crit severity, noting it isnt doing its 5% dmg...it makes little difference when every hit is 1 billion + .

5 test server updates and it just gets worse, i started hitting for 250m, and every update it increases ..500m, 750m, now 1-2 billion damage per hit, and a comparable incoming heal.

is this just me?

anyone wanting to try some pvp just shout me.

i keep posting dmg like this....its impossible for me to test ANYTHING while i am constantly hitting for 1-2 billion dmg and one shotting EVERYTHING.
    on top of that, i immediately self heal for 1-2 billion hp.

Combat (Self)]Critical Hit! Your Vorpal Weapon deals 1058065984 (2014152448) Arcane Damage to Soul-Infused Barlgura

changing vorpal to crit or crit severity, noting it isnt doing its 5% dmg...it makes little difference when every hit is 1 billion + .

5 test server updates and it just gets worse, i started hitting for 250m, and every update it increases ..500m, 750m, now 1-2 billion damage per hit, and a comparable incoming heal.

is this just me?

anyone wanting to try some pvp just shout me.

Have you tried taking the vorpal off until they fix it?
    darkiker3 said:

the cleric class dps, is not at all balanced compared to other dps, overall it does very little damage, while the thief and the warrior despite having lower statistics do a lot more damage ... if something doesn't change I'm sorry but the adventure ends here

Unless the other classes got some sort of buff, I have not noticed a drop of DPS on Cleric.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Unless the other classes got some sort of buff, I have not noticed a drop of DPS on Cleric.

Clerics can produce quite decent DPS, however, the class has totally lost all the flexibility it once had....you are baxcically forced to use one particular set/rotation of powers. This is partially because of what I consider an error - one of the At-wills (Conflagrate) gives 3 pips, while the other 3 just give one. This means you are really forced to use that, which in turn determine the whole single set of powers you need to use.

Bad, bad design, with zero flexibility.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I just hope you will give us chance to exchange/convert vorpal. Vorpal on preview is useless. After you sold us THE holy one - well GG. You did the same with metalic dragonborn. Another one GG. This game is huge waste of money. Let me be "simple" - you just try to make all invested money in our accounts just obsolete.
  • darkiker3darkiker3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, in the preview I brought the pg to the object level almost 53k, and doing a dungeon, I did a fifth of damage compared to other players, despite having the higher object level, and having played correctly, so there and something that doesn't quite add up as far as the dps cleric is concerned, currently in the official game and well balanced even if, doing a baby zariel, dueling perfectly I did 110 million less damage, despite having the slightly better statistics ...
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @darkiker3 Thats an issue of player error, you’re not playing at the classes peak efficiency
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Warlock 17% to 19%
    Barbarian 12% to 15%
    Rogue 9%
    Ranger 6%
    Cleric 3% LOL

Come on now Neko you know better, that warlock (A) did a 1 minute parse which is a joke and (B) used atwills far more often then they should which of course favors bilethorn. Warlocks top build atm bilethorn does 12% , if u want to sit there with a short parse and doing mostly atwills then ya it may do more. Warlocks get 3% from inherit danger, rangers get 14%, 14+6=20 even with your friends rigged act results, thats still 18+3 = 21, not so far off balance is it?
    edited December 2020
    xavior44 said:

Warlock 17% to 19%
    Barbarian 12% to 15%
    Rogue 9%
    Ranger 6%
    Cleric 3% LOL

Come on now Neko you know better, that warlock (A) did a 1 minute parse which is a joke and (B) used atwills far more often then they should which of course favors bilethorn. Warlocks top build atm bilethorn does 12% , if u want to sit there with a short parse and doing mostly atwills then ya it may do more. Warlocks get 3% from inherit danger, rangers get 14%, 14+6=20 even with your friends rigged act results, thats still 18+3 = 21, not so far off balance is it?
    A warlock wouldn't use inherit danger though right? I would think they'd use something else. Mad mage would be more damage overall for warlock I think. 5% (~3.5% really) + the INT/CHA on the set. I don't really know that much about warlock tbh.