test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill magnitudes on arbiter

catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
with the changes, most skills had their magnitudes increased somewhat proportionally,

but i believe arbiter's and their judgements stacks mechanic been kind of overlooked. (accidentaly nerfed?)

True, the base magnitude of some skills got increased similarly,
but almost half of potential dmg on arbiter encounters is thanx to judgement stacks, which was left unchanged (usally at 100 magnitude)

Shouldn't that be also proportionally scaled?

Comments

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    I think they mentioned that only encounters and dailies were increased in magnitude by a significant amount.

Would be good to hear a direct answer to this tho. @nitocris83
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Main ST encounters didn’t get any increase on Arbiter. Daunting Light +0%, Forgemaster Flame +17%
    While all other classes got an increase of 30% of their encounters magnitudes
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    All because arbiters gets so much hate for out performing other classes in phased fights, like tomm.

Which, when perfectly timed are perfect for arbu bursts.

Compare on like T3, warlocks, rangers destroy there.
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    An explanation why the dc arbiter was not touched? Will we have a fix on this class @nitocris83
    Post edited by ene#5785 on
    How good it is to be ignored :)

I did a couple of tomms, I find it absurd, I miss a single rotation and I can no longer recover the damage lost and I risk not reaching the rankings, which the other classes CAN. I hope this class will be fixed, and I hope we get all these question marks answered @nitocris83

I find it absurd, when it comes to fixing they never respond, when it comes to fixing a bug in our favor they do it the next day.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    I cant believe a cleric is crying about a lack of dps(which you do not have). Try playing a warlock and youll never want to look at neverwinter again(if your concerned about damage and balance ) Trust me you have it good
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    xavior44 said:

I cant believe a cleric is crying about a lack of dps(which you do not have). Try playing a warlock and youll never want to look at neverwinter again(if your concerned about damage and balance ) Trust me you have it good

I pretty much agree with you. Arbiter and Ranger were by far the strongest single target classes in M19 (+30% compared to Wizard e.g. in zariel). Now in M20 they increased magnitudes of the underperforming classes to improve the overall balancing. Especially CW / Fighter needed that buff.

Simply saying "you didnt increase Arbiter magnitude - devs bad - buff Arbiter" is not an argument. Provide numbers, show us how Arbiter compares to other DPS classes in trials and then we can have a discussion about it.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    ene#5785 said:

How good it is to be ignored :)

I did a couple of tomms, I find it absurd, I miss a single rotation and I can no longer recover the damage lost and I risk not reaching the rankings, which the other classes CAN. I hope this class will be fixed, and I hope we get all these question marks answered @nitocris83

I find it absurd, when it comes to fixing they never respond, when it comes to fixing a bug in our favor they do it the next day.

It's not just Tomm, any boss fight that somehow isn't perfectly in sync with your rotation will lower damage output significantly unlike other classes.
    hastati96 said:

xavior44 said:

I pretty much agree with you. Arbiter and Ranger were by far the strongest single target classes in M19 (+30% compared to Wizard e.g. in zariel). Now in M20 they increased magnitudes of the underperforming classes to improve the overall balancing. Especially CW / Fighter needed that buff.

Simply saying "you didnt increase Arbiter magnitude - devs bad - buff Arbiter" is not an argument. Provide numbers, show us how Arbiter compares to other DPS classes in trials and then we can have a discussion about it.
    Arbiter numbers will be heavily influenced by RNG, since you can get an extra 3k magnitude or so per rotation if you're extremely lucky with Sudden Verdict feat procs. That's why occasionally you saw one Arbiter far ahead in damage after the first artifact call in Tomm (even if there are multiple similarly geared and skilled Arbiters), especially now that critical strikes make less of a difference since the cap got changed from 50% to 90%. Normally you get like 1 or maybe 2 procs per rotation.

Far as I know Wizards also have problems with Music Box set not buffing all of their damage.
    Post edited by aerhythia#3255 on
    It's actually 4k to clarify, but that's so unlikely to happen, most if not all of the time as I said I get 500 or 1k out of it.
    1. Tomm, I didn't miss a rotation, 0 skulls. 140k dmg. An archer with 4skulls 138k dmg :D
    Next Tomm: 4skull 109k. Archer 0 Skulls: 148K :D

2. At VOS a sw gave me 130k more damage.

3. Heal: Heal nothing, the healing word takes pets as well (10 people + 10 pets = 20, healing word has a maximum of 15 people, some players don't even take care of healing word). The bastion does not heal anything, in VOS I have to use the guild gift to be able to heal more and a pet that heals. They removed the care divided between the players and put the classic one back.

Very balanced right? Now DC sucks in everything, heal, AoE and single targhet (at least it was strong in this style).

I spent over 30k of astral diamonds to do 3 builds and it pays nothing. And here we get no answers from @nitocris83

Then there is something really wrong with DC in general, it has become the worst class to play. It does not give you satisfaction, neither the dps nor the cure, and unfortunately I cannot change class with what I spent on it, and it is the only one that satisfied me. I don't like the other classes.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    my Arbiter still feels fine in ToMM, ofc, if the group has so high dmg that you cant get off your rotation before halastar phases, it sucks hard. But thats because the boss doenst have enough HP, and not because DC dps is too low.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    ene#5785 said:

3. Heal: Heal nothing, the healing word takes pets as well (10 people + 10 pets = 20, healing word has a maximum of 15 people, some players don't even take care of healing word). The bastion does not heal anything, in VOS I have to use the guild gift to be able to heal more and a pet that heals. They removed the care divided between the players and put the classic one back.

Cleric is by far the best healer currently, other healers can only dream of spells like Healing Word. Not sure how you get to your conclutions. Maybe the issue is your playstyle and not the class.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    ene#5785 said:

Very balanced right? Now DC sucks in everything, heal, AoE and single targhet (at least it was strong in this style).

I spent over 30k of astral diamonds to do 3 builds and it pays nothing. And here we get no answers from @nitocris83

Lol the troling is real, or you are completely dellusional or just... bad. Cleric doens't heal? Go try the paladin, i bet that will make you uninstall the game

And btw i think you meant 30M? because 30k=30 000 ad and that gets you a couple of rank 9 runestones at best.
    But even with rank 9's you would still be the best healer as a cleric.
    edited March 2021
    tom#6998 said:

my Arbiter still feels fine in ToMM, ofc, if the group has so high dmg that you cant get off your rotation before halastar phases, it sucks hard. But thats because the boss doenst have enough HP, and not because DC dps is too low.

I did full rotation. An archer cannot keep up with me with 4 skulls. I finished first in the standings with 0 dead, the archer with 4skull second to just under me.
    Conversely, he gave me 40 million more damage. I don't think it's very balanced. Why is the archer with 4 texts able to do the same damage as me?
    hastati96 said:

Cleric is by far the best healer currently, other healers can only dream of spells like Healing Word. Not sure how you get to your conclutions. Maybe the issue is your playstyle and not the class.

I am talking about the bastion. Not of curative word, at least that works well even if I do not think it is fair that in tomm there is someone who risks not taking a curative word because he has a target of maximum 15 targets and if there are 10 people with 10 pets, 5 targets ( including players) can risk not taking a healing word and at the fire phase they crash us.
    rev#7881 said:

Lol the troling is real, or you are completely dellusional or just... bad. Cleric doens't heal? Go try the paladin, i bet that will make you uninstall the game

And btw i think you meant 30M? because 30k=30 000 ad and that gets you a couple of rank 9 runestones at best.
    But even with rank 9's you would still be the best healer as a cleric.

Yes I meant 30M.
    Do not compare me paladin and cleric, they are two completely different classes (The paladin doesn't heal) and I hear many paladins complaining, not for nothing there are few left.
    Post edited by ene#5785 on
    tom#6998 said:

Almost every boss is like that.

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    ene#5785 said:

tom#6998 said:

I did full rotation. An archer cannot keep up with me with 4 skulls. I finished first in the standings with 0 dead, the archer with 4skull second to just under me.
    Conversely, he gave me 40 million more damage. I don't think it's very balanced. Why is the archer with 4 texts able to do the same damage as me?
    correct me if im wrong, but didnt they remove the damage penalty from skulls?
    tom#6998 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt they remove the damage penalty from skulls?

What does it has to do with it? I'm just talking about the archer doing the same damage as me despite having 4 skulls, and I was first in the rankings.

In the next run I took 4 skulls and I couldn't keep up with them.
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    If only they fixed how buggy some arbi feats and mechanics are, it would improive its dmg .

Like Sudden Verdict, with high latency, FROM EU, it charges sometimes way too long and we use skill at 3 or 4 instead of 6 judgements, losing 200+ potential extra magnitude with each time it procs.

Sometimes during events its soo bad, it wont charge at all, they should change it to proc imidiately 6, not one by one.

Perfect Balance, same issue, stacks wont imidiately appear, causing us to lose it.

Big loss in mod 20 was because of vorpal nerf, there is no good weapon ench for that class now at all, we cant attack fast enough to benefit as much from bilethorn as other clases.

Flaming/dread are potentialy good, but they bug out procs like lostmouth/tales books.

Tab gets stuck sometimes
    ene#5785 said:

I disagree it sucks in everytyhing, it is best in 10 second fights, when u have enough time to prepare for next
    We'll have to wait for the new mod for any changes, hoping our rumors have arrived. Unless this class has ended up in oblivion.
    They should also be about the arbiter in AoE, he just has a decent skill.