test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter free winter gifts: Winter Wolf mount and Snowflake vanity pet

I am not seeing this under the Free category of the Zen store on any of my characters.

I can understand the Winter Wolf mount not showing up because I think I might have that on all my characters.

but what is the deployment method for the Snowflake vanity pet? Is it supposed to be claimed through the Zen store, or is it through some other method? The announcement page mentioned Tymora:

In addition, Tymora has left two free Simril gifts for adventurers, new and old, to enjoy! The Winter Wolf mount is back for those who missed it previously along with a new Vanity pet, Snowflake the Sprite!

1. Is the vanity pet only available to claim once per account? or can we claim Snowflake on every character?

2. Is it only going to become available on a specific day sometime between December 19 and January 2nd?
in the past, Neverwinter had different items available for claiming on different days of the week. Are both the Winter Wolf and Snowflake supposed to be available to claim throughout that entire period up until January 2nd?

Comments

• grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    the Moderator Kreatyve replied under the other thread where to find them in the Zen store:

Snowflake is under ITEMS
    Winter Wolf is under MOUNTS

(both are FREE but are not showing up under the Store Front FREE category)

Snowflake is supposedly claimable once per account. but why put that item in the Winter Festival events collections page then? I do not actually try to complete all my collections items for all characters (it is too much grind), but it would help if these vanity pets were account-wide rather than character-specific.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Or simply Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character on pickup.
    DD~
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    sorry to reply to an older forum thread post that I had about this, but regarding the Snowflake sprite vanity pet:

1. I was reading that if you claimed it last year that you are unable to claim it again? just wanted to confirm that is correct. so if I wanted to claim it on a different character this year, it is unavailable as a free claim from the zen store, right?

(I guess last year, the snowflake cosmetic vanity pet was available under a category in the zen store called ITEMS, but that category seems to have been removed)

2. does the snowflake vanity pet have a rare chance to drop from a starlight parcel/bag opening? or was it only the other winter festival yeti vanity pet (crystal the yeti) that drops from them??

someone in a different (more recent thread) had said that he had farmed out snowflake vanity pets for all his characters.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    1. yep, looks like it's only one per account, and for those that haven't gotten it last year, i think it should be in the Events section of the store now, and i guess any other gifts for this year will probably appear in there too.

2. not sure, haven't seen a Snowflake drop from anything during the event last year, may be it was available from the Light of Simril Trader? I mean the player wrote he "farmed" the Snowflake, that would suggest that it might have been buyable for event currency? Slugs, another vanity pet, is also in there now.

Anyway, just make sure to push your characters above level 30 before joining the gifting madness, otherwise you'll only get Refinement Points HAMSTER as loot... not sure if that has been changed this year, but it happened to me last year.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Snowflake was from the zen market last year.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    You can farm the Ice Sprite from the vendor.

Snowflake the vanity pet seems to be one-per-account, forever. I claimed it last year on one character. It's not available to any other character this year.
    Post edited by anomalea on
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Be nice if they added something new to the winter gifts...STO is bland as well this year...

Cryptic seems to be in the doldrums for the Winter event...
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    They should reward player that play there game, and not come here and 4 weeks later leave... were u where last year? so nothing free for you... bad costumer service. I bought zen last here so no zen this year! now you know how I feel!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    xtremoz said:

They should reward player that play there game, and not come here and 4 weeks later leave... were u where last year? so nothing free for you... bad costumer service. I bought zen last here so no zen this year! now you know how I feel!

There are free stuff if you did play last year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

xtremoz said:

Maybe I'am wrong but according to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482093-winter-gifts!
    wolf and vanity... for those that didn't had it last here, I did had so nothing there for me.

If u refer to simiril gifts, light/star shop they are rng based, and free if I spend the time gathering the currencies.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    xtremoz said:

xtremoz said:

Maybe I'am wrong but according to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482093-winter-gifts!
    wolf and vanity... for those that didn't had it last here, I did had so nothing there for me.

If u refer to simiril gifts, light/star shop they are rng based, and free if I spend the time gathering the currencies.
    I mean the mount from the shop that I bought it using currency from last year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Ok, that is different 1, I mean like free gift in zen market... giving the same as last 3-4 years and call it a free gift for new and old every1 that were where last year get nothing.

But forget my comment, makes no difference and take it nowhere... I'm sorry if I offended some1.
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    Zero Free companion or vanity pet this year.

I did collect vanity pet last year.

It should be directly stated, if players can collect only once per lifetime.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Well...
    "The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
    "The same procedure as every year, James!"
    ... comes to mind.

And funny how they can make time for "improving" the fishing again, but can't change the drop mechanic from those bloody Gift of Simril so that the loot goes directly into the players inventory instead of just spawning all over the place and creating lag every damn year.

Or if that's not possible, just add an exchange option for those Gift of Simril to one of the Winter Festival NPCs, that will give you just a loot bag with the same rewards in it, less stress for the players and probably less stress for the servers too...

Btw. what character level do you need this year for getting the full range of rewards from the Gifts?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!