test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level up an item for obsolete artifacts

Hello. I did not find a suitable topic, so I am writing here. I have a suggestion for an upcoming update. It would be very good to increase the item level, stats for outdated artifacts, and maybe adjust the bonuses a little for the new game mechanics. This would give them a new life, and the players would have a rich choice. If it's too late to include this in an upcoming update, perhaps this idea will be implemented in the future.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    It's easier for them to create new artifacts than it would be to bump all the old ones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I like this idea.

Stronghold gear and dragonflight armor could use an update at least in IL to help bring it in line with other equipment.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If your storage is filled with carrots as good as the new one, you won't hunt for new carrots. And, I am one of those who have all the old carrots and seldom look for new one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I already made a post about this way back.

It's a waste of time/itens that we couldn't upgrade, at least, the artifacts. As long as a new player finds out that he/she can buy a BIS-actual artifact, or after joyning a guild that guilders can help him/her to have that BIS-actual artifact, all other artifacts from other campaigns become a joke. Getting them is the same feeling as find a peridot in a chest after a dung run.

So, some of those artifacts are good... for their times/campaigns, they became obsolete for now because of the stats levels. So, one solution would be a Forge! Kinda like they did at the Citadel. Some reagents would be needed, but not hard to get as endgame dungeons, but something like we could change for old campaign currency, as we already do with bounty hunters on the campaign maps.

So, for example... I want to upgrade the Eye of Lathander arty... so, I could use the Dread Ring's campaign currency to trade for the reagents I need to upgrade the Eye of Lathander at the Forge. Running old campaigns will need farming time, but at least is some thing to do and not that hard.

Thats just my idea. :)

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It's easier for them to create new artifacts than it would be to bump all the old ones.

I think This is a GREAT idea

Urlord

• arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

For the new system they are going to rewrite every single item statwise in the game. So, why not bringing every artifact inline? We still have only one slot for an active artifact. The other 3 are just for ballancing the stats and this would give us more options.

Not to mention actually having some useful set bonuses for support classes.