test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview Patch Notes: NW.123.20201218a.1

Comments

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    "Natural occurrence" yet there was a solution to it to make tanks needed everywhere. How would dps like being told "you're only useful in latest content, its better if we have more healers".

Where is the group of people who defends new player's experience? This is no different. Just like a new player going into cloak tower and feeling discouraged about the game, where are those who stuck up for them to make this scaling happen, shouldn't those same people be defending tanks? Where is our enjoyment in the game? "We don't need you unless its for RAD bonus, just sit in a corner, you're worthless" "If you want to feel useful run latest trials", where are the people who talk about the latest trials have only been for a select few, they should be defending tank's place in all group content.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    General comments after testing:

Kinda feels like your approach to the companion changes involves using a Warmaul where perhaps a ball-pein hammer would be better. I was just getting used to the idea that combat comps would be helpful, and now they're laughable. But Augments still feel gutted compared to live, barely giving any more than Combat comps.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

"Natural occurrence" yet there was a solution to it to make tanks needed everywhere. How would dps like being told "you're only useful in latest content, its better if we have more healers".

Where is the group of people who defends new player's experience? This is no different. Just like a new player going into cloak tower and feeling discouraged about the game, where are those who stuck up for them to make this scaling happen, shouldn't those same people be defending tanks? Where is our enjoyment in the game? "We don't need you unless its for RAD bonus, just sit in a corner, you're worthless" "If you want to feel useful run latest trials", where are the people who talk about the latest trials have only been for a select few, they should be defending tank's place in all group content.

Tanks aren't being excluded though, not on live, not on preview. For starters, we have random queues that force a group setup, even if you make a premade and do randoms that way, you still need a tank and a healer. Most DPS want to be able to chase large numbers, having a tank in the group allows the DPS to focus more on DPSing, as they don't have to focus on defensive stats. How is this change going to somehow make DPS as tank as Tanks can be? You still need to invest in defense as a DPS to have a higher amount of it, they will have even less. This change will actually make it harder for DPS to stack defense, instead of maybe having 50% like on live or in early preview. Tanks have all these tools available to them that DPS don't have that makes getting to the cap much easier, where DPS have to sacrifice offensive stats...and then not have aggro, making that build pointless.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Wow that vorpal change was.... unespected. Really. I cant think in how many vorpals are bound in the game since last exchange. Wow. Make it at least usefull. Even it lost his "thematical" theme. A vorpal weapon is a deadly one, well not anymore.

Note that I dont use vorpal but I feel the pain of those who do.

Enchants should open more builds, if you are going to change them, please come with something more creative. x% to a stat? meh. Ask us for ideas. I wont write here a wall of possible ideas if those will be ignored. You didnt even tell us that enchantments were going to be reworked.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Wow that vorpal change was.... unespected. Really. I cant think in how many vorpals are bound in the game since last exchange. Wow. Make it at least usefull. Even it lost his "thematical" theme. A vorpal weapon is a deadly one, well not anymore.

Enchants should open more builds, if you are going to change them, please come with something more creative. x% to a stat? meh. Ask us for ideas. I wont write here a wall of possible ideas if those will be ignored. You didnt even tell us that enchantments were going to be reworked.

There were asks to make sure enchants were working on the percents and not the ratings. There were also asks to change Vorpal because people felt Crit Severity was easy to get and vorpal does not push crit severity over the cap.

I have no issue swapping vorpal back to crit severity if people prefer it to stay there.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

Before todays change the Briartwine armor enchant reflected x% of all incoming damage (no cooldown) and a stun effect (with cooldown). After todays change, Ive only seen the reflect procc 1-2 times during a few hours of gameplay.
    Elite Whaleboy

There were asks to make sure enchants were working on the percents and not the ratings. There were also asks to change Vorpal because people felt Crit Severity was easy to get and vorpal does not push crit severity over the cap.

I have no issue swapping vorpal back to crit severity if people prefer it to stay there.
    I would keep critical strike, but up the percentages of all weapon enchantments. After all we can only have one weapon enchantment slotted at a time and they are very expensive to get up to Rank 14.
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User

but if changed the vorpal back to crit severity, it is count over the cap (110% with at-will, encounter and daily, and 90% for the rest) or counts towards the 90% cap?, because before the patch the vorpal crit severity counted over the cap.

but if changed the vorpal back to crit severity, it is count over the cap (110% with at-will, encounter and daily, and 90% for the rest) or counts towards the 90% cap?, because before the patch the vorpal crit severity counted over the cap.
    It was a bug that it went over the cap. It is meant to be part of the "other contributions".
    edited December 2020
    > @arazith07 said:
    > It was a bug that it went over the cap. It is meant to be part of the "other contributions".

Then it is better now, but they should increase the percentages a little
    > @rubytrue said:
    > You see, that's just it. With the prior changes on preview, you needed a tank for group content that was below TOMM or Zariel. With this new update, we are back we were and tanks are irrelevant for any content below TOMM and Zariel.....`

I would love to see a group finish Infernal Citadel without a tank now that the defense changes are implemented! If you have such a group, please do share video and ACT logs of this!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tuna#6129 tuna Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    so it apears flaming was buffed to be in line with bile but it's 3 burn ticks over 3 seconds are being canceled by each consecutive hit im wandering if this is intended or it is buged and suposed to be procing as the bile dose? also i tested on live and it is giving its 3 ticks on every hit
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Is there a counter stat to defense now that armor pen is gone? If not....what makes these two enchants different?

Dread Enchantment now reduces the target’s Defense by up to 4%.

Bronzewood Enchantment’s mark now causes targets to take up to 6% more damage from you and your allies.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    wilbur626 said:

> @rubytrue said:

> You see, that's just it. With the prior changes on preview, you needed a tank for group content that was below TOMM or Zariel. With this new update, we are back we were and tanks are irrelevant for any content below TOMM and Zariel.....`

I would love to see a group finish Infernal Citadel without a tank now that the defense changes are implemented! If you have such a group, please do share video and ACT logs of this!

@wilbur626
    Touche, but I would consider TIC between TOMM and Zariel...I probably should of made myself a bit more clear on that. Let me amend that to any content released before TOMM.... ;)
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    masteroga said:

Is there a counter stat to defense now that armor pen is gone? If not....what makes these two enchants different?

Dread Enchantment now reduces the target’s Defense by up to 4%.

Bronzewood Enchantment’s mark now causes targets to take up to 6% more damage from you and your allies.

There is no counter to defense now, but power is opposite. They could set them up to cancel each other but they didn't.

Dread reduces defense by 4%. IF the enemy has 90% defense, then you and your allies will deal 2.15% more damage against the target now. If the enemy has 4% defense, you and allies deal 3.9% more damage. If the target has no defense, then damage is not increased, unless a bug exists allowing defense to go into negative numbers.

Bronze, on the other hand just multiplies damage versus the target by 6% directly, always.
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2020

tardbath said:

So we will be able to exchange that vorpal right ?

We can put vorpal back to critical severity, but people were saying they didn't want that as they were finding it easy to cap critical severity, and vorpal did not go over that cap. It also only applied to At-Wills, Encounters, and Daily attacks. Whereas now it is a direct increase to critical strike so it works on all attacks including mounts and artifacts.
    I want to point out that if you capped crit severity at 90% and used a Vorpal you actually had 110% critical severity so it went above the cap.

Also when the bosses had 10% armpen I just made my defense 100% and negated the 10% armpen (stat sheet said I had 90% ;) ). I could never go above 90% mitigation so overcapping was only useful for the enemies with armpen.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I suspect, in the future, that they will uncap power and defense, or rework the system all over again. I'm only saying this because DPS is only about 50% away from being able to cap all offensive ratings. How long will that last?

I suspect, in the future, that they will uncap power and defense, or rework the system all over again. I'm only saying this because DPS is only about 50% away from being able to cap all offensive ratings. How long will that last?

Thing is, the higher your TiL goes, the harder it will be to cap stats, at least the ratings side. The only thing that actually goes up is HP and base damage.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    I am worried by @noworries#8859 upgradings, how wiII heaIer's heaIings benefit from vorpaI now? and instead of giving that poor minor magnitude heaI, give hoIy avenger a 4% outgoing heaI bonus and 4% incoming heaI bonus for aIIies heaIed by the heaIings, for 10 secs, with a 10 secs cooIdown, how is the change to bronzewood any good? on Iive its buff is 10%, and now is 6%? this is a nerf
    edited December 2020

Bronze, on the other hand just multiplies damage versus the target by 6% directly, always.

Bronzewood increases the damage that the target takes by 6% for 10 seconds, every 20 seconds, then it is not "always 6%", it is on average 3% more damage
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I do like the changes overall and thank you to @noworries#8859 for the companions adjustement. I did another few tests and I found that now non augment companions deals around 8-10% from my total damage which is a sweet spot imo. Regarding weapon enchantments those type of weapons used for dps should be adjusted to mach the bilethorn performance which is in the perfect spot right now. I would like to mention in this list: Flaming Enchantment, Plague Fire Enchantment, Vorpal Enchantment and I am not sure about Prominence but I have reported in the past problems regarding this enchant that underperformed by alot. Any of those enchantments should contribute around 8-10% to overall damage. I did a test on preview after yesterday update and found that Flaming enchantment still underperforms by alot. I haven`t yet tested a Vorpal since I don`t own one but I can tell than Plague Fire underperforms by around 4%, flaming by 6-7%. It would be nice to give people some variety and focus on class mechanics. I can see them shining in different circumstances like Lightning in AOE, Bilethorn in ST.

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Defense/Deflect Severity has now been adjusted to the same scale as the other stats.

100% Defense would reduce damage in half, the same way 100% power would double damage.

This is a huge nerf. We now need 90% defense to take 50% less damage. That's hard to reach. Much harder than it is on live. Additionally tanks get only 20% more HP now instead of 40% more on live. I assume that will make tanks weaker than they are.

This feels bad.

hastati96 said:

Thanks for the fast change of capping defense at 50%, really looking forward to test it :) At least the other defense stats have a meaning now.

I don't think that's what they did- rather, the cap is 90% but it functions like Power,so it's effectives does not mean enemies only get 10% dmg through to you but rather 1/1.9x dmg through to you aka 52%
    According to ACT having 90% defense let's you take 50% damage.
    edited December 2020

Defense/Deflect Severity has now been adjusted to the same scale as the other stats.

100% Defense would reduce damage in half, the same way 100% power would double damage.

This is totally confusing. Why would 100% defense halve the damage? If 100% damage gets avoided one would take 0% damage. That would be logical. Zero defense means 100% damage taken.

With power it is different because we start with 100% damage for zero power.

Please elaborate on the math here. This seems to be a lame excuse for reducing the effectivness of defense.

Btw. following your own logic here you'd have to change all stats to behave the same. E.g. a critical strike value of 100% would then mean that you only critically hit 50% of the time, and not 100% as the value implies.

Now that'd be confusing, wouldn't it? But at least it would be the same for all stats. How would someone know that defense behaves differently?

Post edited by fdsakhfduewhfiuf on
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    wow i realy have no insentive anymore to level up my weapon enchant, how i see it now the increadible cost of getting them to r14 is not at all worth an increase of 2% in whatever stat they give.
    it's supposed to be a mayor thing to have a maxed out weapon/armor enchant, if the bonuses are so minor and make so little of an impact i think i'll keep running end game content with my r7 and r9 enchant
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2020

You are right that tanks not needed. I can't say if it's the same with the new scaling on preview.
    But the defense thing, It wasn't a good solution, it will also make tanks not wanted in any new (or if scaling works and content is adjusted, then any) content unless they have the relevant stats capped to the decimal digits, creating the highest entry barrier in the game, unlike other roles who have lessened difference if it's 80% power or 90% or whatever. That capping, to the decimal, I guess will also not be cheap to do.

IMO, there are probably better ways to adjust tanks than that. IMO it's a bit like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Maybe increased mitigation on block, or stamina larger percent of HP, and some such..
  • interesting .maybe it will really matter the skill and knowledge of your build and class.
    most of the player base is BIS focus .very few know how,why and when to use the at-wills,encounter and daily powers ,the class features and feats many dont know for what they are for .that is the explication of the outcry and the bitchering. the fear that you have to use your brain for once and be yourself ,not just a copy of some content creator build.
    im waiting for the end of the preview faze ,but i do have some expectation .......
    1 cryptic devs will do some good stuff
    2 cryptic devs will do some bad stuff
    3 cryptic devs will do more stuff bad if they will listen to much from the "good intentionate players "

> @fdsakhfduewhfiuf said:
    > This is a huge nerf. We now need 90% defense to take 50% less damage. That's hard to reach. Much harder than it is on live. Additionally tanks get only 20% more HP now instead of 40% more on live. I assume that will make tanks weaker than they are.
    >
    > This feels bad.

Instead of assuming, you should hop on preview to test and give proper feedback. Tanks are stronger than ever if build properly, so posters that keep giving negative feedback on the defense changes make themselves look like weirdos. 😂
    Elite Whaleboy