test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Adjustments - Companions

Comments

• khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Another option is that base companion damage should be 5%-7% (without modifications), but decrease indomitable runestone damage to 10% so that they are more in line with the damage dealt by the other runestones that on avarage add 0,7% more damage.
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Razorwood's companion bonus still doesn't provide any item level. This time, item level is not even displayed in the tooltip.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    NW.123.20201218A.1

Bugs on Augments companions:

- Ioun Stone of the Feywild
    Doesn't provide statistics

Bugs on others companions:

- Hawk
    Hawk's Instincts provide double statistics
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    - Hunting Hawk bugged (tested at mythic rank / NW.123.20201218A.1)

equip bonus gives 200% atwill dmg at melee and 207.5% at 80' range

HR rapid shot atwill
    base dmg : 817.5 (1226.3)

with Hunting Hawk slotted
    melee : 1635.0 (2452.6)
    80'ish range :1695.5 (2543.3)

Updated tooltip states +7.5% at mythic VS +10% at legendary on live server, is this intended nerf ?
    And still no mention that bonus only applies to at-wills

Post edited by eversummer#1666 on
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Seems like summoned companions are not getting combat advantage. Tested on dummies. When I stay on the opposite side of the dummy compared to my summoned companion, I get combat advantage, but companion does not get it.

Should be fixed in a future preview update, thank you for the report.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Withough Indomightable the active compaions damage is pretty bad they are not dealing 0.5 % of the player damage
    edited December 2020
    NW.123.20201218A.1

- Grung
    Poisonous Skin doesn't deal damages
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Bug report:
    -deceptive insight (Frost Mimic) doesn't give combined rating.
    -hawk's instincts (Hawk) doesn't give combined rating and has double %rating (7,5% crit chance and 7,5 crit severity).
    -mercenary's discipline (Mercenary) doesn't give combined rating.
    -minstrel's discipline (Minstrel) doesn't give combined rating.
    -repentet cultist's discipline (repentant dragon cultist) doesn't give combined rating and item level.
    -twigblight's insight (razorwood) doesn't give item level.
    -Vallenhas's discipline (Vallenhas elite soldier) doesn't give combined rating.
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Striker companions need their damage increased. You overdid lowering them by quite a bit.
  • ruffy#9168 ruffy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    before patch NW.123.20201218a.1 the damage of xuna with 6x Indomitables and 3x Warlords Insignia looks good like on Life-Server.
    But now xuna is useless.

The damage shoud be like now on the Life-Server so players can play as before.

If the changes are too big, some players will leave the game.
    When players are gone, they don't come back after 3 months to see if the problems have been corrected.

If you think that augment companions are too weak, then you should make the stronger and not the fighting companions weaker.

I am germen so sorry for the english
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    also i have noriced whereas prior to patch augments gave a good boost of stats vs fighting comps
    now there is no noticable difference again
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User

before patch NW.123.20201218a.1 the damage of xuna with 6x Indomitables and 3x Warlords Insignia looks good like on Life-Server.
    But now xuna is useless.

The damage shoud be like now on the Life-Server so players can play as before.

If the changes are too big, some players will leave the game.
    When players are gone, they don't come back after 3 months to see if the problems have been corrected.

If you think that augment companions are too weak, then you should make the stronger and not the fighting companions weaker.

I am germen so sorry for the english

Companions are too OP on live currently, so to balance augments and fighters in the way you suggest would not work. You'd need to buff the amount of stats an augment gives you exponentially to compensate the damage difference, and that in turn would most likely invalidate a large portion of what they are trying to achieve with the new stats system.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    No Companion Bonus should be based upon the number of Party Members.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    rikitaki said:

While I like the change that all companions now count towards the bolster, I have to say that previous layout with categories (creature, mystical,...) was much better to look at and search in.
    Was it really necessary to revert that tidy set-up to such messy pile to alter the bolster? (I agree that it would be better to have mounts and companion on the same system, but that does not mean we necessarily have to choose the ugly and impractical one)

That layout is directly what determined their bolster group and there wasn't any other information on the companion that linked to a category. So without a big time consuming overhaul to manually flag every companion in the game, those categories weren't going to show up with a single bolster category.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I am pretty pleased with the endresults regarding non augment companions adjustements and they are finally matching that 10% percent of our total damage. Even if there are few of them that currently need minor adjustements. However I would like to point an important aspect of the future system that will find many people having hard times upgrading their desired companions, not only for booster purposes but also for certain fighting scenarios. We have people playing multiple toons and we have also a bunch of companions, more to come. I would love to see the number of companion tokens required for upgrades lowered to match the overall structure. Or at least I would expect from you guys to make Companion Tokens more accesible from various sources such as quests/dungeons rewards. I love the new form of companion system and I want to upgrade as many companions I can in my collection. The new form of the system will have a big impact for newer players and also for the actual player base who may need a completely different setup that needs to be built from scratch, using various uncommon or rare companions and the cost of the upgrade will be insane. Do not forget that we have to keep up ourselfs with other changes as well so this may be a bit overwhelming.

Thank you!
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859

Hawk
    when equiped seems like is not giving the right amount of Combined Ratings, lowering your stats of like 1k each.

Hunting Hawk
    increase damage done by at-wills powers only, of an amount of 50% while in live the increase is just 5%.
    doesn't work on Encounter powers and Daily
    Post edited by synyster3006 on
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > Hawk
    > when equiped seems like is not giving the right amount of Combined Ratings, lowering your stats of like 1k each.
    >
    > Hunting Hawk
    > increase damage done by at-wills powers only, of an amount of 50% while in live the increase is just 5%.
    > doesn't work on Encounter powers and Daily

I think howk is bugger and he need rework, becose it's only 1 comp whu give 2 stat of max amount 7.5% crit shanse and 7.5%crit severity
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • quipaunas#6921 quipaunas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am curious why all the companions are tested using 6x Indomitable Runestones and 3x Warlord's Inspiration? Is that going to be the new standard/requirement? Will there be options for companions that can tank and/or heal and/or CC? Will there be runes and insignia bonuses to help build a tank/heal/CC companion?

I play a Thaumaturge build and can handle groups in Avernus on live server, losing maybe half health bar for tough fights. But on preview, I die before my conduit of ice duration, or icy terrain, wears out. My damage seems similar to live server, but my defense/awareness has gone to pots. And my mythic fighter companion is useless. She dies before I do!

I think it would really help with 'player build diversity' if companions can be somewhat effective at roles other than damage level.
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Curious, can anyone confirm the Paranoid Delusion abilities and bonuses?
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    If companions are relevant with 6 indomitables a 3 Warlords, what kind of balance is that. The majority of players don’t have/can’t afford. And doesn’t that make all other runestones pointless
    NW.123.20201218A.2

Bugs on Augments companions:

- Ioun Stone of the Feywild
    Doesn't provide statistics

- Hawk
    Hawk's Instincts provide double statistics
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Hunting Hawk is very bugged and giving some classes pretty game breaking damage. This needs to be fixed before this new combat rework goes lives, as its making at will heavy classes deal outrageous damage.
    > @caldochaud#4880 said:
    > Personally, I find the changes very discouraging. On the live server, my companions have stats in the 5 digit range (IE: Power 20,000). But after the proposed Mod 20 changes, my companions now have stats in th 4 digit range (IE: Power 2,000). And so I cannot help but have the impression that you are intentionally taking away our companions stats in order to force us all to buy those stats back. *That* is bait-and-switch! Not cool!

Not really. Its too different of a stat system to compare in that way. It makes it so that companion stays aren't diminished as item levels and stats on those new pieces dont diminish stat contributions from companions. Its actually a really good idea. Staldorf will always be 7.5% CA, no matter if your IL is 50k or 700k.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    For tanks, we actually have a decent suite of gear, just not a lot of real options in each section. Helmet you have lionguard/sky blazer/chitters, rings we have the ones dropped from avernus that are kind of useful, tanner's, Defending ring, not much else there. Armor top the 1k IL armor from UM for 3% damage reduction, various armors that heal us...think that's it? Gloves spiked/other vallenhas gloves/lionguard. Boots 3% damage reduction ones from UM, Wisp boots from t1. Pants Ebony or t3 pants. Shirt t3. Artifact sets tanks have the most variety with mirror, trobriand, Blessed set, Apoc set and so on.

If you mean specifically to help our survival, then we don't really have an option for helms that I'm aware of.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020

For tanks, we actually have a decent suite of gear, just not a lot of real options in each section. Helmet you have lionguard/sky blazer/chitters, rings we have the ones dropped from avernus that are kind of useful, tanner's, Defending ring, not much else there. Armor top the 1k IL armor from UM for 3% damage reduction, various armors that heal us...think that's it? Gloves spiked/other vallenhas gloves/lionguard. Boots 3% damage reduction ones from UM, Wisp boots from t1. Pants Ebony or t3 pants. Shirt t3. Artifact sets tanks have the most variety with mirror, trobriand, Blessed set, Apoc set and so on.

If you mean specifically to help our survival, then we don't really have an option for helms that I'm aware of.

Missing Tank Helm... Defenders Helm. +Awareness, +Deflect Severity - Item Power: Increases Incoming Healing Rate by up to 20% more as health approaches zero.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > Hunting Hawk is very bugged and giving some classes pretty game breaking damage. This needs to be fixed before this new combat rework goes lives, as its making at will heavy classes deal outrageous damage.

Its just make 2x at will dmg xD
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER

> @jman3l#5579 said:

> Hunting Hawk is very bugged and giving some classes pretty game breaking damage. This needs to be fixed before this new combat rework goes lives, as its making at will heavy classes deal outrageous damage.

Its just make 2x at will dmg xD

Yeah at point blank range. That is broken af xD. Tool tip is irrelevant on that thing lol.