test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Adjustments - Companions

Comments

• brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2020

theres an issue with an augment not listed so far as being a known issue, the Star of Simril....its powers are completely blank, it doesnt even say 'augment'...with the winter festival arriving soon, and it being one of the claimable items i think this needs to be addressed asap

BUG Confirmed

The power AUGMENTATION isn't present

Description of powers is not present for the majority of augment companions, but Star of Simril work fine.

Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k

BUG (probably, and sorry i don't know how to use colors)

the accolyte of kelemvor use blessing of kelemvor but it expire right after, and with status opened i can't see any changes in the % of any defensive stat

BUG Confirmed

Kelemvor's Sword
    - At Rare rank: Provide 1.5% of Critical avoidance for 6 sec
    - At Epic, Legendary, Mythgic: Provide 2.5% of Critical avoidance for 7 sec and provide a (little) heal on hit

Blessing of Kelemvor
    -When proc : No effects during 1 sec
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • wizenia#3624 wizenia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > This thread is for feedback/bug reports on the changes to companions with the combat work that is on preview.* Companions no longer level up, they only use their rank now.
    >
    > * Bonding Runestones no longer have an effect or slots to go in.
    >
    > * Companion Influence has been removed and the companion stat window shows the stats that transfer to the player at a 1:1 ratio.
    >
    > * Companions can upgrade to mythic and bolster has been increased.
    >
    > * Companion Enhancement, Offense, Defense, Utility powers have had adjustments to support the new rating/combat work.
    >
    > * There is now Universal power slots on companions and all classes have the same number/types of power slot.
    >
    > * Fighting Companions share the ratings from their owner, get a percentage of the owner's base damage as their own damage, and take a portion of their owner's base health as their own. Type of companion, dps, tank, healer, modifies those values.
    >
    >
    > Check out the blog post for more information on all of the changes.

Will it be possible to use overload slots at companions? ... If not guild boons is obsolete
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    brewald said:

BUG (probably, and sorry i don't know how to use colors)

the accolyte of kelemvor use blessing of kelemvor but it expire right after, and with status opened i can't see any changes in the % of any defensive stat

BUG Confirmed

Kelemvor's Sword
    - At Rare rank: Provide 1.5% of Critical avoidance for 6 sec
    - At Epic, Legendary, Mythgic: Provide 2.5% of Critical avoidance for 7 sec and provide a (little) heal on hit

Blessing of Kelemvor
    -When proc : No effects during 1 sec
    @brewald

Dope, the bug is still there.
    If I equip Twiblight Insight, I get 38,460 TIL. If I swap to Gond's Insight or any other mythic quality buff, I get 39,210 TIL.
    Which means that Twiblight Insight is providing 750 less TIL.
    This is happening in both my Wizard and Warlock.
    I won't post any image to prove though...I feel like this is unecessary, unless a dev demands it.

Cheers!
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Alpha Compy as your summoned DPS, is pretty awesome right now
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    brewald said:

BUG: Razorwood companion bonus grants less TIL than is supposed to.
    The mythic quality provides the same TIL of epic one.

Cheers!

Tested and don't reproduce the issue.
    No problems with IL and combined rating at mythic rank.

@brewald

Sry, I quoted the wrong post, this is the one that I intended to.

Cheers!

• khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @madrigal#2900 said:
    > Alpha Compy as your summoned DPS, is pretty awesome right now

By far, the best single target companion is the batiri
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Flame Sprite isn't too bad. I wasn't impressed at all with Xuna or Zhentarim Warlock.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Playing a bit with companions, I think we need one that gives only accuracy and more options with deflect severity
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Got questions regarding companions whose powers (not ACBs) can increase players/teams stats.

Stalwart Golden Lion has a special power that allows nearby players to get 2% buff to damage upon activating. It's called Radiant Weapon if I am not mistaken. On the other hand there is Dread Warrior who has special power that can grant 5000 power to nearby players when they are healed by this power (can't remember how it was called). There is also Tutor companion with Call a Class (or something like that) power which increase combat advantage by 5% for everyone in the team. Vistani Wanderer with 5% extra movement speed power etc. There is quite a lot of those.

So, question one is, are those stackable? By that I mean, if everyone in the team has Tutor/Vistani Wanderer companion as summoned and active, will those grant 5% bonus or it will be 25% increase?

Second question. Those powers, like in the case with Dread Warrior grant stats. I assume that this 5000 power goes to ratings and not the other contributions, right? In other words, if skill grant rating value it goes to ratings and if it grants % value it goes to other contributions?

Also, regarding Stalwart Golden Lion power (Radiant Weapon); that 2% increase to damage buffs base damage we have from our item level, right? Or is that % go to something else?
    edited December 2020
    Is someone actually collecting data on companion damage or are we going with a hunt and peck approach to damage adjustment here?

I actually just had Flame Sprite on cause it does fast hits, but tried several companions. My recommendation is to adjust all the companion damage to 25% (one quarter) of current, with a quick emergency patch. My companion is doing more damage than me... which is like Xuna on normal server when downscaled. I'm boosting comp damage by 6x r15 indomitables, 5x Warlords, and a +20% reusable consumable... and getting hits up to a million damage. By contrast, my heaviest hitting encounters are dealing under a half million.

We should work toward a standard for companion damage collection:
    Find a consistent 5 minute run in Avernus, with each Mythic companion we have. Posting our stats, indomitables and warlords equipped. Showing our damage output & percent, and showing our companions damage output and percent. Then a note of special powers the companion adds that are non-damage related. With this information, it should be possible to balance companions within a competitive range of variance.
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    healer companions are nice in my opinion,test with cleric disciple sacred flame heal for 60k-80k, and healing word for 8k for tic; nice for quest and getting CA;

about dps companions, there are differences between them because they have different skill, cooldowns and animation, but without indomite i don't think they are that bad,(thest done in vallenhas) xuna hit for 10-20k with 2k dot, and aranea hit for 4k on bite and 15k on pillar; the damage is similiar, but the aranea is much slower and hit less enemies (would be nice to reduce the cooldown or increase the magnitude of the slower companion maybe?)
    can't talk about them with indomites and/or insignia bonus (i would repeat what other said), but without indomites they aren't overpowered nor useless (IMO)

tank companions are still slow and can't keep or take aggro
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Hi. Since the UI for companions needs updated, it would be useful if you could see the power granted by that companion. I just tried to upgrade Cryptic Insight so I upgraded my Flaming Skull since I was sure that gave the power. The stats didn't change so at Mythic Cryptic Insight was (IL:300, CA:1.5%, Def:1.5%, CBR:300). I believe that issue has already been reported in this thread.

Generally you can tie the image of the power to the image of the companion, but not for Cryptic Insight/Flaming Skull, but it would be nice to actually see the power in the description of the companion, especially when buying a new one.

Thanks.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Also, it seems some augment companions are still bugged, although I don't know which ones are correct and which are bugged. Some give 2-3k less stats than others total (not counting the individual companions three stat augment bonuses)

Edit:
    Did some testing.
    This is my critical strike with bulette pup unsummoned:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766265757822222336/788826042189348874/unknown.png
    This is my critical strike with bulette pup summoned (no gear/runestones attached for simplicity)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766265757822222336/788826186134192130/unknown.png
    The stat difference is 5,100 which at 100% bolster, means bulette pup critical strike should be 2,550 (confirmed below)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766265757822222336/788826382767358032/unknown.png

Bulette pup is working as intended. This is not the case for owlbear cub. It is not properly giving its total stats to the player. I think there may be other augments, but I do not have all of them to test on preview server. If anybody can confirm others, please ping me I am interested.

Confirmed still broken augments:
    owlbear cub
    deep crow hatchling

Thanks,
    Neko
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Seems like summoned companions are not getting combat advantage. Tested on dummies. When I stay on the opposite side of the dummy compared to my summoned companion, I get combat advantage, but companion does not get it.

[Combat (Self)]Your Batiri deals 26313 (52626) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Blow Darts.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766265757822222336/788837528194777118/unknown.png

They also dont get combat advantage from other sources, like Black Death Scorpion's power grants everyone combat advantage on the enemy. Even when this power is active, companions dont deal combat advantage damage.

[Combat (Self)]Your Scorpion deals 49017 (98035) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Savage Pincers.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766265757822222336/788836648098988103/unknown.png

From the screenshots, you can see there is no "sword icon" next to damage floaters, which means they are not dealing combat advantage damage. I think this is a bug, because this makes "combat advantage rating" on companions useless. It needs to get fixed before balancing companion damages. However if its not a bug, then how are we going to provide combat advantage on our summoned companions?
    edited December 2020
    I am going to start testing a few companions each day and posting the accumulating results here. Each test is a clear of Haruman's Hill mobs. I will maintain the same stats and equipment as listed below. This build sacrifices about 20% character damage and some defense by using no stat Runestones, no Augment boosts, and no Mount insignia bonuses. The multiplier on this Companion damage is about 600%. According to NoWorries, the target for base companion damage is 5-7% of the character, so a companion in that range should be showing 20 - 35 % with full boosters active. Since this test is an AoE speed clear, some companions with good DPS can field low damage output, especially slow single target type companions.

Paragon - Dreadnought
    Total Item Level - 46,686
    Health - 554,256
    Damage - 5,602
    Power - 89%
    Accuracy - 81.1%
    Combat Advantage - 64.9%
    Critical Strike - 50.3%
    Critical Severity - 72.7%

Equipment:
    Rank 15 Indomitable Runestone x6
    Warlords Inspiration Insignia Bonus x4
    Lliira's Bell of Empowerment x1
    Rank 14 Dread Weapon Enchantment x1

Order of Data
    % of damage companion dealt on run (out of character + companion)
    Companion Name (recorded DPS)
    Abilities (AoE, fire, poison, damage reduction, warp, etc...)

- COMPANIONS -

47.17 - Succubus (64,307) - AoE, Damage Reduction, Vulnerability
    41.82 - Xuna (43,966) - Teleport, Poison
    38.06 - Chultan Tiger (34,239) - AoE, Bleed (BUG: stats don't increase for Mythic upgrade)
    29.75 - Cantankerous Mage (30,304) - AoE, CA, Repel
    28.82 - Travelling Entertainer (30,651) - AoE, Fire
    28.72 - Batiri (40,617) - Poison
    28.63 - Abyssal Chicken (22,927) - Dual Target, Bleed
    28.46 - Dancing Blade (38,543) - CA
    26.02 - Blink Dog (26,940) - Teleport, CA
    25.66 - Cockatrice (21,417) - AoE, Slow
    20.78 - Cambion Magus (16,337) - AoE, Fire, Knockdown
    19.56 - Death Slaad (15,476) - AoE, Poison
    15.74 - Flame Sprite (20,206) - Daze, Fire
    15.39 - Cave Bear (10,134) - +150 Critical Avoid
    13.96 - Black Death Scorpion (12,875) - Poison, CA
    13.41 - Alchemist Experimenter (8,761) - AoE, Heal
    6.82 - Dog (6,365) - Slow, Knockdown

Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • dududududusadududududusa Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Could you increase companions mythic bonus for example from 7.5% to 10%? It would help us to make more builds with this forte stats... Augments should give like 3-5% to total stats or just make striking companions worse about 90%, please :D Striker companion should not be better than augment in dungeons :pensive: Also.... Please fix Haunting hawk companion it gives only at wills dmg but it gives so huge amount :/ Without this companion my at will is doing around +/- 60k dmg and with this companion it does like 90-100k dmg, its bugged and make my class op than other, good luck :disappointed_relieved: Our tab on barbarian doesnt work well... it sometimes show wrong amount of rage for example it show we have 100/100 rage but after 5,6 seconds it goes to 0 becouse it was not full.
    edited December 2020
    Bugs on Augments companions:

- Ioun Stone of the Feywild
    Doesn't provide statistics

- Red Dragon Ioun Stone

- Walter
    Provide double statistics as expected
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
    edited December 2020
    Bugs on others companions:

- Chultan Tiger

- Grung
    Poisonous Skin doesn't deal damages
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • effetromone#9286 effetromone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @the1truehunter said:
    > Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic. I think it should be 3.5% at mythic.

I have the same problem, maybe due to the fact i have 2 skull ? (laughing and burning skull), the laughing upgraded to mythic, works fine, then i opened a pack and choose the burning one, and even upgraded to mythic, even after removing the laughing from my bolster, Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic, 1.5% ... :'(

> @the1truehunter said:

> Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic. I think it should be 3.5% at mythic.

I have the same problem, maybe due to the fact i have 2 skull ? (laughing and burning skull), the laughing upgraded to mythic, works fine, then i opened a pack and choose the burning one, and even upgraded to mythic, even after removing the laughing from my bolster, Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic, 1.5% ... :'(

I think some companions just have botched data when they added mythic upgrade in. Chultan Tiger stats at Mythic are the same as Legendary stats.
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859

... the new patch dramatically reduced companion damage. It would be helpful to playtesters to know what the changes were. I was going to suggest changing Indomitable r15 from 40% to 30% base damage, and Warlords insignia from 20% to 10%. That would have put everything in perfect range, except for a half dozen companions that were overpowered.

It appears global damage was quartered?

I suggest 5-7% base damage. (5,000-7,000 dps for end-gamers).
    With 6x Indomitables the DPS would increase to 16.8% (16,800)
    Adding 3x Warlords Insignia and a Lyyras Bell would increase this by 1.5x to ---> 25.2% ( about 25,000 dps).

An average end-gamer DPS is going to be pulling 100,000 dps. Running a non-augments will drop this to 85,000 DPS if they run max boosters. Significant health is sacrificed as well. It is important to keep in mind that versus bosses, companions are dead almost half of the battle. To be competitive with augments, active companions need to do a little more damage than the damage that the character sacrifices due to lost stats.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Bug angel of protection: after revive you lose the 5% defence and you need to resummon the companion
  • malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Here are ACT logs for various companions' damage with the December 18th update. All tests were conducted using the same loadout with 6x Indomitable Runestones and 3x Warlord's Inspiration.

Xuna:

Xuna is doing about 10% of my total damage. Looks like it's in a good spot.

Abysmal Chicken:

The Abysmal Chicken is doing about 5% of my total damage. Damage could use a small boost.

Batiri Runt:

The Batiri Runt is doing about 16% of my total damage. The damage on this companion is a little higher than the desired 7-10% range.

Air Archon:

The Air Archon is doing about 8.5% of my total damage. Looks like it's in a good spot.

Stalwart Golden Lion:

The Stalwart Golden Lion is doing about 4.2% of my total damage. Damage could use a small boost.

Soradiel/Zariel:

Soradiel did 3.1% of my total damage. Damage could use a decent increase.

If 5 to 7 percent damage is the target after adding 6 runestones & 3 insignias... then just burn the companions. no one needs them. It was stated previously that 5 to 7 percent was the target "without" any modification.
    edited December 2020
    #noworries
    (see above)

Please revert the global companion damage nerf. Instead we really need to "halve" indomitable runestones and warlord insignia bonuses. The indomitable x warlords multiplicative effect is why balance is so bad. If you bring damage back up, then nerf warlords and indomitables in half, then playtesting can identify a few outlier companions to be buffed/nerfed.

Now on test: 6 indomitables & 3 warlords bonuses will multiply companion damage by 5.44

If you halve the indomitable and warlords, they will multiply a companions damage by 2.86

The latter is a preferrable, so that companions in a base state are also worth running or at least could be considered by a player.
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User

If 5 to 7 percent damage is the target after adding 6 runestones & 3 insignias... then just burn the companions. no one needs them. It was stated previously that 5 to 7 percent was the target "without" any modification.

is necessary that companion damage to be 5/7% after adding 6 runestones and 3 insignia bonuses, if you compare it with augments, these give you 7% more damage as ratings, then fighting companions shouldn't give more than 7% damage with modifications.

you need to see what alternatives in the companion slot there are (augment and non augment) and make both equally useful, not just be looking for more damage.
  • littlevclittlevc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    With Dark Enchantments going to Forte instead of Companion Influence, wouldn’t it make sense to be able to exchange those as well (since most DPS Forte goes to Power)?
  • malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I agree that base companion damage in general should be higher. Without 6x Rank 15 Indomitable Runestones and 3x Warlords Inspiration, companions are doing between 1-3% of a player's total damage. Many companions do even less than 1%.

As @zimxero#8085 suggested, a better implementation would be a higher companion base damage of 5-7% of the player's damage with the bonus from indomitable runestones cut in half.

Indomitable Runestones should not be the thing that makes or breaks using an active companion. Anyone that doesn't have a 6x Indomitable runestone of a decent rank is better off using an augment. Although maybe that's the goal? If the whole build relies on having 6 of the most expensive runestone in the market, that may dissuade players from using just active companions.