test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stat cap rise for Mod 20?

after the effort of capping ability and stats to align with item level in the new combat system, changing builds, buying new comps and levelling them, buying new enchants and runestones and farming different gear sets...im wondering if mod 20 is going to follow the old plans and have a 5k stat cap rise.
if so we are all going to walk into it and find everything we have struggled to raise is actually nowhere near the required cap anymore.
could we have some feedback on this please.

Comments

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    as i see it
    now they have decided that stats are capped by item level the only way to raise the stat cap is to raise your item level
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    She is going to lose her mind when she sees the preview forum.....
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User

She is going to lose her mind when she sees the preview forum.....

Or check out the preview server.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User

been in there a lot, and can only just cap everything, which is why im concerned about stat cap rises in mod 20 as it would bleed my stats white
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

been in there a lot, and can only just cap everything, which is why im concerned about stat cap rises in mod 20 as it would bleed my stats white

In this new system, the rating caps are not defined by devs for each piece of content. Instead, the caps are defined by your toon Item Level. This means that the caps will only raise by 5k if you choose to increase your item level by 5k. Of course, increasing your IL by 5k would also bring in a bunch of stats, so you probably would mantain all caps or at least be very close.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Any idea what the ratio is? If I increase my IL by 100, and only increase combined rating, do I come out exactly equal if i downscale?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

"Capped" will have a different meaning in mod 20. You'll be able to cap your stats, but that only gets you to 50%, and you'll need to get another 40% to be truly capped. You have no room to improve power or crit sev, but you have a lot of room to improve other stats (if you can figure out how to do so without impacting those 2...which will be the fun part).

Presumably if you got everything truly maxed that you wanted, and never upgraded your gear, you'd do your max damage to everything you ran into. The problem will be, without upgrading gear, your damage level and HP will never raise (because they are based on IL directly, and then modified by the other stats). Thats a problem, because the IL of creatures will go up and you'll need to counter it.

Basically, you are going to work to get things as good as you think you can, and then so as to not upset the house of cards, you'll only accept gear upgrades that are DIRECT IL and STAT upgrades from your previous gear. Nothing better than extremely limited choices...
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Any idea what the ratio is? If I increase my IL by 100, and only increase combined rating, do I come out exactly equal if i downscale?

its class dependant,
    adding 1000 item level-
    For a tank it gives 2% extra base damage.1.6% HP and 500 combined rating.
    For a DPS it gives 1.6% extra base dmg, 2% HP and 500 combined rating.

im not sure what item you could use to increase ilvl and only increase combined rating,possibly youre thinking about mount collars.
    as ilvl has direct bleed into dmg and HP. even mount collars which dont add stats, still add ilvl, which affects base dmg, hp and combined rating.
    assuming youre dps, a 100 ilvl rise would add .16% dmg, .2% hp and 50 combined rating.
    Post edited by madrigal#2900 on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

its class dependant,
    adding 1000 item level-

im not sure what item you could use to increase ilvl and only increase combined rating,possibly youre thinking about mount collars.
    as ilvl has direct bleed into dmg and HP. even mount collars which dont add stats, still add ilvl, which affects base dmg, hp and combined rating.
    assuming youre dps, a 100 ilvl rise would add .16% dmg, .2% hp and 50 combined rating.
    So a tank gets more extra base damage per item level while a dps gets less extra base damage as item level rises?

That seems a bit like the wrong way round to me - surely a DPS should get 2% extra damage per 1000 item level?

Or am I missing something?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2020

its class dependant,
    adding 1000 item level-

So a tank gets more extra base damage per item level while a dps gets less extra base damage as item level rises?

That seems a bit like the wrong way round to me - surely a DPS should get 2% extra damage per 1000 item level?

Or am I missing something?
    Two issues, first, the quote mentioned was NoWorries example for specific example of 50k IL,you can find the post here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13169807

And second, I think there is an issue there:

He did 1k / (5k * 1.2), which is damage added as percent of the current, but the damage bonus for dps is just that a damage bonus, and will apply to the new IL the same way. So IMO it's (6k * 1.2) / (5k * 1.2) = which is 2% increase.

And will be the same for both, since tanks will have (6k/5k) = 2% increase. (The damage bonus always cancels out)

Since the thread is closed, there is no way to ask for clarification.