test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview Build Patch Notes: NW.123.20201203e.3

Comments

• burtrburtr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

In a boss fight, the boss always has CA now though. Everything else doesn't last long enough to really be much of a threat. Defense and Awareness have the same value, just like Power, ACC, and CA does for DPS. Everything else needs multiple stats to be focused on, or has a RNG chance to get the same effectiveness.

Would you go with defence or with awareness buid if both give same outcome, and that awareness only work in specific condition. ?

Btw, I will still play as warlock, regardless what kind changes would be implemented.
    As an Arbiter, I was preparing for awareness as a Forte stat, so I was planning for my defensive slots to be defense so I had both. Now that it was changed to deflect though, I have either decide to stack deflect severity to make that deflect useful, or just ignore it and stack defense/awareness. As a DPS, I am only concerned about surviving boss mechanics, aoe's and undodgable damage.
    I think you are only focusing on one part of the game.. namely Zariel or ToMM, where boss damage is nearly unavoidable. You are projecting that way of thinking and build upon nearly 90% (just a quick guess from my own experience with other players) of players that can't or won't do those trials. Nearly every other boss in every other dungeon... most of their damage can be avoided.. especially if you are an arbiter (ranged) dps... and now how to stay ranged.. and dodge.

When I hear people say things like "most" prefer CA over Crit.. mm.. I call BS on that. From my own experience and.. well, go look at all the guides on dps builds and you will notice that they will rank CA as dead last, as far as offensive stats go for DPS builds.

As far as these new changes, it's too soon to tell how exactly it will end up looking like in Live.

Unless you are a dev and can tell the future about exactly how things will end up, probably not a good idea to keep shooting down other people's opinions, wants, needs. I hear some say this is supposed to offer more "choices". Well, some would like to choose Crit over CA. Why try to argue and persuade them that CA is better or Crit is better? Bottom line is that, until it hits Live, we don't know. Even then, it will most likely change due to "fixes".
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    burtr said:

arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

In a boss fight, the boss always has CA now though. Everything else doesn't last long enough to really be much of a threat. Defense and Awareness have the same value, just like Power, ACC, and CA does for DPS. Everything else needs multiple stats to be focused on, or has a RNG chance to get the same effectiveness.

Would you go with defence or with awareness buid if both give same outcome, and that awareness only work in specific condition. ?

Btw, I will still play as warlock, regardless what kind changes would be implemented.
    As an Arbiter, I was preparing for awareness as a Forte stat, so I was planning for my defensive slots to be defense so I had both. Now that it was changed to deflect though, I have either decide to stack deflect severity to make that deflect useful, or just ignore it and stack defense/awareness. As a DPS, I am only concerned about surviving boss mechanics, aoe's and undodgable damage.
    I think you are only focusing on one part of the game.. namely Zariel or ToMM, where boss damage is nearly unavoidable. You are projecting that way of thinking and build upon nearly 90% (just a quick guess from my own experience with other players) of players that can't or won't do those trials. Nearly every other boss in every other dungeon... most of their damage can be avoided.. especially if you are an arbiter (ranged) dps... and now how to stay ranged.. and dodge.

When I hear people say things like "most" prefer CA over Crit.. mm.. I call BS on that. From my own experience and.. well, go look at all the guides on dps builds and you will notice that they will rank CA as dead last, as far as offensive stats go for DPS builds.

As far as these new changes, it's too soon to tell how exactly it will end up looking like in Live.

Unless you are a dev and can tell the future about exactly how things will end up, probably not a good idea to keep shooting down other people's opinions, wants, needs. I hear some say this is supposed to offer more "choices". Well, some would like to choose Crit over CA. Why try to argue and persuade them that CA is better or Crit is better? Bottom line is that, until it hits Live, we don't know. Even then, it will most likely change due to "fixes".
    Actually I was thinking about bosses like Withers, Ras Nsi, Trobriand, Strahd, and more, the bosses that have mechanics that most players will encounter in random queue. The monsters in between bosses in most cases are dead in a matter of seconds (or if you pull a lot will swarm, causing them to have CA anyways), so having awareness is just as important a defensive stat as defense is. Bosses always have CA, mobs that live long enough to matter can easily get CA.

Your experience from before these changes can't be used with this new system unless you are talking about player behavior. One of which, is that players don't dodge all the red area attacks, and do tank more damage than is meant too in boss fights.

I'm only shooting down opinions that are based on incorrect facts or assumptions.
  • burtrburtr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

burtr said:

arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

I'm only shooting down opinions that are based on incorrect facts or assumptions.

As far as facts go for now, nobody can tell for sure what the final product will look like until it hits Live. Until it does, every suggestion is an assumption, imo. This new mod is supposed to give everyone a modicum of tweaking and allow for differences in builds anyway. Who decides facts vs assumptions anyway? Playstyles vary. Padding stats to help your playstyle is a good thing. Trying to tell others that your way is the best way is... and assumption, no?
    Let's make some assumptions. Boss fight (so boss has CA), no crit hit, 1000 hit (1900 with CA), both players have 90% defense and other defensive stats are the same about of total value and no less than 40% and Boss has 50% accuracy. Player A has 90% awareness, Player B has 65% Deflection and Deflect Severity (50% additional Awareness=50% additional deflect/Deflect Sev).

Player A gets hit, Bonus damage from CA gets negated, 1000 damage becomes 100 damage with Defense, No crit so crit avoidance doesn't matter, 50% accuracy means deflect stats of player A don't do anything even if they do deflect. Total hit to Player A is 100 damage.

Player B gets hit, only takes 50% more damage from the CA, 1000 damage becomes 1500, hits defense which brings it down to 150 damage, no crit, 65% chance of deflect, if deflected, the boss's accuracy brings the severity to 15%, deflected hit does 127.5 damage. This makes a range of 150-127.5 damage, with the average hit being 135.4 damage.

Now there are some feats and player powers which may make deflect and deflect severity more valuable, like the fighter's ability to just negate CA completely, in which yeah ofc don't stack awareness, but for the average dps class, these options aren't as available so the above should hold true.
  • igrejamasterigrejamaster Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Is anyone already aware that the Forte coming from the dominance insignia is not working?
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

arazith07 said:

hustin1 said:

Why do Thaumaturge and Arcanist have identical Forte stats? Since Thaumaturge has all of the chill encounters I would think that Control Bonus should be in the mix. That's the point of stacking chill.

It was changed based on feedback from the players who wanted the forte stats to be the same across the paths on the same character so they didn't need to have completely different gear setups.
    Paragons are unique as the very classes are. There is no point in having a stat that has 0 sinergy in the that paragon, even if players are unconfortable with that.
    Thaumaturges are simply bad at bosses, but are great at AoE. Since you are not getting CA in aoe fights, it's a wasted stat.
    I rather have 10~25% Crit. Chance than CA.
    Terrible decision, we actually need class balacing now.
    We could fix that if hard CC (i.e: stuns, freezes,roots, dazzles, prones and etc) grant players CA. That would do the trick too.

If you're not getting CA in mob fights then you're terrible at positioning. Especially as a caster class.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

That's the benefit of Deflect though, it's not really difficult to cap and you don't really NEED to go beyond 50% Severity; or even really beyond ~40%.

Any amount of damage you are able to outright ignore, even just some of the time is great.
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

arazith07 said:

hustin1 said:

Why do Thaumaturge and Arcanist have identical Forte stats? Since Thaumaturge has all of the chill encounters I would think that Control Bonus should be in the mix. That's the point of stacking chill.

It was changed based on feedback from the players who wanted the forte stats to be the same across the paths on the same character so they didn't need to have completely different gear setups.
    Paragons are unique as the very classes are. There is no point in having a stat that has 0 sinergy in the that paragon, even if players are unconfortable with that.
    Thaumaturges are simply bad at bosses, but are great at AoE. Since you are not getting CA in aoe fights, it's a wasted stat.
    We could fix that if hard CC (i.e: stuns, freezes,roots, dazzles, prones and etc) grant players CA. That would do the trick too.

If you're not getting CA in mob fights then you're terrible at positioning. Especially as a caster class.
    Thautmaturges are mid-range, almost melee paragons.
    Your assumptions are toxic and do not bring anything positive to the discussion.

edited December 2020
    tgwolf said:

arazith07 said:

hustin1 said:

Besides, It is impossible to get CA in every swarn of mobs, unless they cluster or if you have any skill to do it so.
    You can make a test of CA behavior with an active companion if you like, and try to get CA over every dummy of Protectors Enclave, with just an active companion, which represents tank players in that situation. Feel free to try it.

Cheers!

tgwolf said:

arazith07 said:

hustin1 said:

Besides, It is impossible to get CA in every swarn of mobs, unless they cluster or if you have any skill to do it so.
    You can make a test of CA behavior with an active companion if you like, and try to get CA over every dummy of Protectors Enclave, with just an active companion, which represents tank players in that situation. Feel free to try it.

Cheers!
    More accurately, try to not get CA when you have 4 players and 5 pets out on the field. You'll find that is actually pretty hard to do especially when all the players want to get that flanking bonus. All it takes is for someone to run to the other side of the pack (or running ahead to grab more monsters) for everyone behind to get CA.
  • mzreaper#7914 mzreaper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Bug
    Goristro's Horns bonus of increased critical chance is not being applied or not showing on the character sheet
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @mzreaper#7914 said:
    > Bug
    > Goristro's Horns bonus of increased critical chance is not being applied or not showing on the character sheet

More specificaly it is applied to rating instead of applying to other contributions
  • mzreaper#7914 mzreaper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    vorpal also not working or not displaying correctly. please take a look at it
    arazith07 said:

tgwolf said:

arazith07 said:

hustin1 said:

Cheers!
    More accurately, try to not get CA when you have 4 players and 5 pets out on the field. You'll find that is actually pretty hard to do especially when all the players want to get that flanking bonus. All it takes is for someone to run to the other side of the pack (or running ahead to grab more monsters) for everyone behind to get CA.
    Lets be even more accurarte. What about a scenario where top dps rush in front of everyone else, slay all mobs in 5 secs, and nobody is even positioned yet. How about that? Because that is NW in a nushell since mod 11. And when the game is not like that, ppl quit.
    Listen, I highly doubt that any of you actually play a Thaumaturge, maybe not even play wizards...because giving away a highly sinergist and hard to acquire stat for another one that depends on other units, its a highly debatable decision.
    So, besides that, everyone will be forced to use active companions...where is that so pretty and altruist speech of bringing diversity to tha game, if you wanna force ppl to abandon augmented companions?
    And lets be even more fair, if positioning is enough for mob fights, no probs, so remove from the game every source of CA, leave only positioning. Take away CA from Rogues and Warlocks, leave it only in PvP. Done, now the game is one step closer to a fair game.
    In any case, by my own experience, devs won't give a HAMSTER to actual feedback/discussion and prob are gonna keep the change, because once is changed, they hardly reverse stuff. Even if it was correctly in the first place.
    I'm done here.
    Wanna keep CA in Thaumathurge? Go on, dude. It is a democracy anyways: the marjority wins.

Cheers.
    tgwolf said:

arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

That's the benefit of Deflect though, it's not really difficult to cap and you don't really NEED to go beyond 50% Severity; or even really beyond ~40%.

Any amount of damage you are able to outright ignore, even just some of the time is great.
    Eh, assuming enemies have 50% accuracy, anything less than 50% deflection severity is basically useless. You need to cap it to actually be able to lower damage when you do deflect. But with Awareness, even if you have 30-40%, it will take off some damage. I will say though that 50% Deflect is helpful if you do have deflect severity close to cap. So it's not absolutely needed to invest a whole lot into deflect itself and have 50% deflect with close to 90% d. severity if you do have that as a forte stat.
  • markley83#8787 markley83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please let us exchange our enchants and runestones for unbound choice packs. It seems to me that going forwards our stats are going to need micromanaging like never before whenever we raise our item level and as new content comes out in the future we will be left useless account bound enchantments that we cannot use or trade to further our characters progression or tinker with our builds.
    While this is obviously great for the business model of Neverwinter. It’s a huge slap in the face for the long term players who have invested so heavily in this great mmo.
    Thanks for your time
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Wrong thread.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Some here mentioned dig in or the gf daily fully negates the combat advantage which is false on preview it goes up to 90% .

Some here mentioned dig in or the gf daily fully negates the combat advantage which is false on preview it goes up to 90% .

Wouldn't 90% negate 90% CA? Or do you mean that it only acts like you have 81% Awareness? Is this taking into account the 10% armor pene that seems to be on bosses still?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    1. Mount Collars have been doubled in Item Level.
    1.1. A portion of their Item Level now grants Combined Ratings.

Will anyone really comment on how this is a nerf? This idea that every bonus has to have a burden could be interesting if we didn't already have enough problems with all these combat changes. There are so many issues to be resolved before you put anything else.

• alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @nitocris83 @noworries#8859

Awareness and HP

Hello, I'm doing it through google translator, so forgive me for any concordance errors.

I would like to make a suggestion regarding awareness, instead of simply placing additional damage on the boss, why not add progressive damage to the current target of the boss, adding X of extra damage, every Y second in combat with a limit of up to Z times per. similar to the damage scheduling that the Halaster skill applies so that with slightly less damage added, think of it this way, if the tank is getting the Boss’s attention all the time, this makes the Boss focused on ending this aldo giving him the advantage of progressive combat. Hypothetical example: every 5 seconds in combat the target the boss is focused on takes 20% more damage and can stack up to 5 times. This effect is removed if the boss changes targets for more than 30 seconds. Understand that I'm not a mathematician, I'm just exemplifying how it can work in theory.

This leaves the window for another relationship in the new system which is the high HP of DPS and Healer. 10x TIL in HP for DPS and Healer seems to me a very high value, I think it would be more consistent for these roles to have less base HP, maybe 5x TIL. this can have a direct impact on the awareness system that I suggested above. as it allows tanks to benefit better from their status and their base HP, since Dungoen’s mechanics will do more damage to it based on combat time, while DPS and Healer don’t need as much HP to survive the mechanics since they are not affected by the Boss's combat advantage, unless the tank loses aggro at some point. I think this makes the discrepancy between the tank's HP and DPS / Healer bigger so that the extra HP choices for these enchants and mounts roles are taken into account according to combat type.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

Will anyone really comment on how this is a nerf? This idea that every bonus has to have a burden could be interesting if we didn't already have enough problems with all these combat changes. There are so many issues to be resolved before you put anything else.

In my opinion, nerf or not, some IL contributions were inflated prior this change, now it is even worse. If you reach 50k IL, it no longer matters if you have legendary insignias or the green ones, it does not even matter if you have r15 enchantments or r8, and especially it is irrelevant which type. (not talking about the armor/weapon ones atm). It simply does not make any difference - well, mathematically may be, in practice it is within error of measurement.

So, nerf or not, this change blew out of proportion already - what is supposed to happen in a mod or two? I know there must be some plan, but with this system no one will care what goodies are coming. It would require massive increases in item IL and awesome bonuses... and that might be a plan for exactly a mod or two, but then the problem is back. And each turn it rises in magnitude.
  • schnussenschnussen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I have a question what depends to forte stat for healers ..
    Why paladin and warlock have -divinity regeneration-Crit strike-***** but the Cleric does not get Crit strike ?
    why the Cleric is the only one who gets crit severity insteed of crit strike ?

And i want to suggest maybe you can give us a second stat that is chooseable ?
    Like main stat is given by cryptic (50%) second stat is given by cryptic (25%) and third stat is chooseable by every players own choice (25%) .....Because i think many classes dont have a third stat that is in every players sense.

Just suggestion. Maybe think ybout it ^^
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

I'm not sure how it is seen as a nerf.

For simple math we will use 50,000 IL as the example:

Previously a Mythic mount collar was 500 IL. That would grant 50 extra damage and 5000 extra health on top of the particular stat given by the collar.

For a tank role that would be 1% extra base damage. For a DPS it would be 0.8%.
    On Health it would be the reverse 0.8% extra health for a tank and 1% extra health for dps
    Due to the IL increase, it is a 0.5% reduction in stats that aren't provided by the collar

Now it is 1000 IL and half of that IL goes to combined rating. You now gain 100 extra damage and 10,000 extra health.

For a tank role that would be 2% extra base damage. For a DPS it would be 1.6%.
    On Health it would be the reverse 1.6% extra health for a tank and 2% extra health for dps
    It is still only a 0.5% reduction in stats that aren't provided by the collar because combined rating covers half of that item level gain.
    @noworries#8859

You've already shared with us the amount of Deflect Sev./Chance, Crit. Sev./Chance and Combat Advantage that critters and bosses have. Thank you for that.
    Could you please share with us the amount of Accuracy, Awarness, Crit. Avoidance as well?

Thank you in advance.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Previously a Mythic mount collar was 500 IL. That would grant 50 extra damage and 5000 extra health on top of the particular stat given by the collar.

On Health it would be the reverse 0.8% extra health for a tank and 1% extra health for dps
    Due to the IL increase, it is a 0.5% reduction in stats that aren't provided by the collar

Now it is 1000 IL and half of that IL goes to combined rating. You now gain 100 extra damage and 10,000 extra health.

On Health it would be the reverse 1.6% extra health for a tank and 2% extra health for dps
    It is still only a 0.5% reduction in stats that aren't provided by the collar because combined rating covers half of that item level gain.
    So if i put a collar all my ratio go down by 0.5%, and for you it's not a nerf ?
    We are in a situation where every piece of gear we put decreases our ratios, even being in a guild decreases my ratios, because if i'm capped in the stats boons provided by my guild, I lost 1% by boon on my ratios...
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Im trying to maxing accuracy (90%) as a wizard (at 50k IL), and is really impossible with no companions that give 7,5% and forte not giving us that stat.

Accuracy is very important stat and some classes have accuracy in forte. Why should some classes be favored in this? since we cant choice forte, at least make more options to the % (companions, stronhold boons, or mount powers, or some insignias)

Same issue with Awarness on Paladin. No way I can even come close to 90%. We are missing a lot of sources for this stat. Imo there should be at least 1x +7.5% companion for every stat.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

Most players are focusing on the fact that it doesn't add combined ratings, so adding them to your character, while increases damage and HP by 1%, they could be losing up to 1% in all the other stats. They don't like that we have that trade off.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

I will accept your argument that it is not a nerf and is just another bonus and burden in the game. But I show images here so that others understand my perspective and draw their own conclusions.

Scene 1, necklaces I own: https://ibb.co/jTj8Dbd

Scene 2, necklaces i have at most: https://ibb.co/k9HD8w9
This discussion has been closed.