test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

elemental damage and weapon enchants should be and have always been

gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
giving better damage towards certain creatures/bosses.... elemental damage has always been this way in tabletop D&D, I have wondered why it was left out of NW. an example would be fire elementals would take less damage from fire weapon enchant but extra damage from a frost weapon enchant. undead like Strahd would take more damage from holy avenger but less damage from a Necrotic source like Terror while Zariel would take extra dmg from Terror..... this should also apply to encounters and would require people to change based on running different content and mix up group builds for different dungeons. also, please undo the vorpal dmg requiring Combat Advantage dmg.
Post edited by gor1llaf1st on

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    So what you are saying here is, that you think it would be awesome if everyone not only had to level up 1 weapon enchant, but multiple weapon enchants, and swap them out repeatedly throughout gameplay.

While the idea makes sense.....no thanks.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    yes, this would make all the weapon enchants viable, but nt just weapon enchants, encounter powers that do a type of elemental damage like using ice against fire creatures would do more dmg than fire vs fire creatures as well

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It requires too much change under the hood with devs that can't fathom some of the old code.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.