test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Forte

Comments

• eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    imho,

secondary defensive forte for dps should be either deflect (ranged?) or deflect sev (melee?)

secondary offensive for heal should be either crit strike or crit sev

PS : Love idea in above post about Forte presets
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm actually kinda changing my mind on accuracy for the OP tank - if the stat is now the new armor pen, I'd have to max it anyway to hold aggro. I would prefer that the minor Fortes should be pickable - bearing in mind that the OP is now the ONLY class that doesn't have a full DPS option for soloing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hello there!
    Just a couple of toughts:
    - 100% CA uptime in boss fights looks a bit too much imho, making awareness itself too powerful after being neglected by long time. It could make sense adding that as situational bonus or a boss mechanic, for example: adding nightmare wizardry's feat functionality (CA after a critical strike) to Halaster. For future bosses some mob spawn or some other mechanics like stealth/mark could work either.
    - Forte distribution: are you aware that changing bonus allocation will just create unbalances for DPS class without creating any diversity (any class will have its own predetermined meta setups and strenght/weakness), as stats like Accuracy and CA will always be way more needed than Critical Strike and Critical Severity? If a free allocation or some fixed setups are requiring too much developing time I would go for the following options (one can work but even both can be implemented):
    a. balance Critical Strike and Critical Severity to be in par with accuracy and CA, doubling crit severity effectiveness (cap at 180%) should work.
    b. rework forte for damage dealing classes to be allocated 25|25|25|25 into Accuracy|Combat Advantage|Critical Strike|Critical severity.
    Thank you and have a good day.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Making bosses have permanent CA is a bad solution, IHMO is like raising their damage. Situational CA is good, with effects that can be avoided like some anounced attacks, effects in the map (ice in floor, electricity, etc), or ads. There are lots of options, but please dont make it another mandatory stat.

also @ramesh84 I agree that critical may look inferior to CA or accuracy, but criticals usually proc other effects, like lostmauth set, some companions, gear items, etc. That proc "on critical strike". So doubling its effectiveness is too much IMHO. Raising a bit the cap of critical severity can be a good idea but 180% is too much.

Also I insist in the need to have a versatile forte mechanism. Changing the secondary stats for both paragons is a good step (thanks for considering it), but if you look at the long term, the new system allow us to have more options to build our character, and a fixed stat like this, only limit our choices.

I would like to go back with the initial rolls (arrays of stats) for each ability, so you can customice more your char. This is the core of DnD.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Please return Combat Advantage to the Hellbringer versus Crit. You are doing an amazing job. You are truly an asset to the company!
  • malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The defense bonus on barb tanks after the December 11th patch is not applying properly on Barbarian Sentinel.

Before the patch:

After the patch:

I'm using the same consumables for both pictures: Caprese, Foehammer's Favor Elixir, Superior Flask of Potency +1, and Prime Rib.

The bonus is not being applied at all. The reason my defense stat is higher after the patch is because the Ring of the Condemned may be bugged and is giving more stats than it was before the update. Ill post about that in a more relevant section.

The stats from the other rings that drop from Mog/Gary also appear to be bugged.

• jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Why the heck have you changed Wizards' Thaumaturge forte to CA instead of Crit. Chance? Thaumaturges have no source of combat advantage during fights, wasted stat. It was better before.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Why the heck have you changed Wizards' Thaumaturge forte to CA instead of Crit. Chance? Thaumaturges have no source of combat advantage during fights, wasted stat. It was better before.

I think most Wizards would prefer CA, the dps output is way better than crit. Thaumaturge has just as much source of CA as most other classes, in the form of a tank ally.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Barbarian Blademaster - Could you please bring back Severity Deflection ? Please remember that we are not invisible and do not have a shield, besides being very difficult to dodge with sprint and being the only class i know that causes damage to yourself.
    arazith07 said:

I think most Wizards would prefer CA, the dps output is way better than crit. Thaumaturge has just as much source of CA as most other classes, in the form of a tank ally.
    Thats in the boss fights, in aoe wiz are outperformed by most classes. No point in investing in a paragon that is AoE focused and has 0 sinergie with CA.

• jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @malistaire#9098 said:
    > The defense bonus on barb tanks after the December 11th patch is not applying properly on Barbarian Sentinel.
    >
    > Before the patch:
    >
    >
    >
    > After the patch:
    >
    >
    > I'm using the same consumables for both pictures: Caprese, Foehammer's Favor Elixir, Superior Flask of Potency +1, and Prime Rib.
    >
    > The bonus is not being applied at all. The reason my defense stat is higher after the patch is because the Ring of the Condemned may be bugged and is giving more stats than it was before the update. Ill post about that in a more relevant section.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The stats from the other rings that drop from Mog/Gary also appear to be bugged.

The stats are not bugged. Look at the combined rating. It actually ends up giving the same to your stats as the other 1,100 item level rings. More primary stats, less combined rating, total stats given should be the same if you add it up.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

Thats in the boss fights, in aoe wiz are outperformed by most classes. No point in investing in a paragon that is AoE focused and has 0 sinergie with CA.

CA works with AoE builds too...
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User

The stats are not bugged. Look at the combined rating. It actually ends up giving the same to your stats as the other 1,100 item level rings. More primary stats, less combined rating, total stats given should be the same if you add it up.

16500 / 15 = 1100 + 440 = 1540 IL ring

Compare it to the defending ring of the sentinel
    3030/15 = 202 + 808 = 1010 IL ring which is what it's.
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

CA works with AoE builds too...
    It does...if you wait for the tank. Nobody does that.

Cheers

@noworries#8859

Is there any chance that we could have CA over hard CCed targets?
    That would be a good way to provide extra CA in the game.
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @jawsofthelife said:
    > It does...if you wait for the tank. Nobody does that.
    >
    > Cheers

Some classes have a feat or class feature that give CA when you do a critical hit... like the warlock or wizard...

> @jawsofthelife said:

> It does...if you wait for the tank. Nobody does that.

>

> Cheers

Some classes have a feat or class feature that give CA when you do a critical hit... like the warlock or wizard...

@khaozhunter

Warlocks do, and also rogues get it from class mechanics.

Here is the deal:

- Hunters will hit hard Aoe, becaus their max Acc. will fully negate critters Deflect Severity. That will grant them an average of 25% Total damage in any sort of foes that they face (i.e: trash mobs and bosses);
    - Rogues are ok, because they get CA from stealth;
    - Warlocks are ok, beacuse they get CA from No Pity no Mercy;
    - Barbarians will have to invest in Crt. Chance, but no probs, beacause their main source of damge comes from a single At-Will that is AoE...as they don't directly rely on encounters to hit AoE, they don't need an extremely high crit .chance;
    - I don't know about Clerics and Fighters...so I won't talk about them;
    - Finally, we've got Wizards, that heavily rely on Encounters for dps in both paragons, have tons of sinergies with crit chance. Arcanists are ok to have ca, because its a single target Paragon anyway...but we have no ways to give CA to Thaumaturges, which are AoE oriented, except positioning and active companions.

If we consider those, it is simply underwhelming to have 12~25% CA in a paragon that is already underperforming.
    Once again, I'm talking about AoE here, for Single Target, Im totally fine to have CA. But Thaumaturge paragon is not designed to deal with single targets propperly. It has less single target spells, less self buffs and low magnitudes overall than arcanists.

TBH, I'm much more unconfortable in having Crit. Avoidance in defensive stats than Awarness/Defence for Wizards. Specially because YOU HAVE to go inside the pack of critters in order to hit as many critters as possible with your Encounters, which makes you pretty vulnerable to incoming CA damage.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    After the changes made, Hunter is the best class in the game, since it is the only one that achieves the attributes of the image.

https://ibb.co/g71SF9X

Depending on how an insignia bonus works, it can reach 72% critical chance casually.

It's much easier to give us a chance to choose than to try to differentiate ourselves in a rigid way.
    Post edited by admiralwarlord#3792 on
  • broonddbroondd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    For about a year, by hook or crook, donation and spray, I collected 15 charms. On the server for testing, I found out that everything is in vain, runes and magic stones will have to be completely changed, I am naked and barefoot bankrupt.
    Part of this bankruptcy (which suddenly befell many players) can be avoided by increasing the Power bar, for example, to 150%. Still as option 90% but from any sources, not dividing on 50% and 40 % from other sources.

It would be very good to rework the new Forte (useless for me, giving me now unnecessary Power of 50%). Give me a choice of what stats this Forte will provide. This choice will also provide some variety in the builds.

Извиняюсь за плохой английский и интернет перевод.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Is impossible to cap accuracy on wizards. tryed everything
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor