test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could you add a Class Reroll Token to the Zen store?

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
Could you add a Class Reroll Token to the Zen store?

Currently we do have "Character loadout" which allows us to change our paragon path for 500 zen.
We do have "Change Physical Appearance" which allows us to change our appearance for 200 zen.
We do have "Rename Token" which allows us to change our name for 400 zen.
We do have "Race Reroll Token" which allows us to change our race, gender, ability scores, appearance and name for 750 zen.
We do have "Retraining Token" which allows us to change our feats, ability scores, powers or boons for 100 zen.
We do even have "Level 70 Character" which creates a character at level 70 with items at over 9000 IL for 5000 zen.

Unfortunately we don't have a "Class Reroll Token" for zen which would allow us to change our class.
Since quite a lot of time ago, most of the equipment that players use is not class specific, so players using this token could easily enjoy playing with different classes in different moments of their adventure life the same way they currently do with races, paragons and appearance.

Thanks in advance.

PS: the only side effect of this class reroll token would be either automatically unequipping class specific equipment or unequipping all equipment, whichever is easier to implement.

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    What would happen to gear? I was a ranger, now I'm a Cleric with a bow XD
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

What would happen to gear? I was a ranger, now I'm a Cleric with a bow XD

Hi @reg1981 , that's what the PS stands for, all your class specific equipment would be automatically unequipped and you have to equip new one.

With the new combat changes, you can just temporarily equip any weapon from the new class until you get the one you want, the side effect would be a temporary TIL decrease until you get them.

Furthermore, there are a lot of "free" weapons with quite high IL, Blessed and Legion just to name two, and you can always get new weapons with Masterwork too.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    o/ This would have saved me a lot of time and effort for sure!

But had this been an option I wouldn't have done my playthrough of campaigns either. The first pass through was rushed trying to get it done, not stopping to smell the roses so to speak :)
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    in ddo we had something very close to this you can reincarnate there
    i would be a fan of this all your gear goes into a reroll bank and you can change your class race anything you like the payoff being you start from lvl 1 again
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    This request has been asked once a while since mod 3. There has been different generation of dev team. None of them could do it or attempted to do it or considered it worthwhile to do it because of the 'cost'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

This request has been asked once a while since mod 3. There has been different generation of dev team. None of them could do it or attempted to do it or considered it worthwhile to do it because of the 'cost'.

Technically the solution should be:
    - Unequip all equipment (or class specific equipment).
    - Change class.
    - Force respect.

It would be done from the character selection screen, like the race reroll, but instead of showing you all the create new character you are only show the "Class selection screen". Once you select the new class and press OK you do the three previous steps and then show the character selection screen again.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Strip gear, store in shared bank, delete character, start new character of chosen class.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Strip gear, store in shared bank, delete character, start new character of chosen class.

This could also be said to name, feats, boons, appearance, race B)
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They want us to spend (curreny and time) on several toons.. Not just on 1 that we reroll every mod. (So... How about... Oh we want pally shields this mod? Lemme just reroll my cleric! Oh HR seems on point after this buff... Lets try it now)
    - bye bye -
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User

They want us to spend (curreny and time) on several toons.. Not just on 1 that we reroll every mod. (So... How about... Oh we want pally shields this mod? Lemme just reroll my cleric! Oh HR seems on point after this buff... Lets try it now)

I agree but if that is the case why is there such a lack of leveling content from 60-70? basically all I can find for quests at those levels is 2 Campaigns, Elemental Evil and Maze Engine (which is chronologically after Underdark which is level 70 for some reason?)
    Once upon a time Elemental Evil was the leveling content from 60 to 70.
    nisckis said:

greywynd said:

This could also be said to name, feats, boons, appearance, race B)
    Part and parcel of starting a new character, which is the only way to "change class".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • deorum#7782 deorum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is the best suggestion here. Neverwinter is an amizing action mmo but in the effort of developing the game manny changes was made some good some not that good and nerfing classes without a propper scale of balance made years of efforts in a toon quite a frustrating experience since if you choose to start all over again in another class you must choose another toon and have a long and hard road ahead again.

I deeply ask developers that think about this, every mmo have it and its not a disaster, i already quit this game several times due class nerfs and i am sure that manny had done the same.
  • deorum#7782 deorum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @jules#6770 said:
    > They want us to spend (curreny and time) on several toons.. Not just on 1 that we reroll every mod. (So... How about... Oh we want pally shields this mod? Lemme just reroll my cleric! Oh HR seems on point after this buff... Lets try it now)

I understand that its a choice but i am sure that they loose more players than they get people spending more money. They should balance the outcome of having s frustrating game for everyone or an enjoyable one thats probably why the population is not so big like it was once before when a qeue for dungeon was seconds of waiting. At least make the grinding campaigns done and gear not bound for all characters in the account so we dont need to make them all again and share the gear we can share.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Class change ? This never, never happen.

In the first place, why would someone create a class, play a little or a lot with then, and then say they want to change it?
    greywynd said:

Agreed.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

This is the best suggestion here. Neverwinter is an amizing action mmo but in the effort of developing the game manny changes was made some good some not that good and nerfing classes without a propper scale of balance made years of efforts in a toon quite a frustrating experience since if you choose to start all over again in another class you must choose another toon and have a long and hard road ahead again.

I deeply ask developers that think about this, every mmo have it and its not a disaster, i already quit this game several times due class nerfs and i am sure that manny had done the same.

Oh noes, it's so hard to level from 1-80! Whatever will one do? It's not like we can trade enchantments, most gear, companions and mounts are more and more often available account wide...oh wait.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    what about all the btc artifacts artifact equipment mounts and companions that you have leveled and spent ad or zen on that are not account wide
    and even if they are account wide they come back as green when you havre leveled them to legendary
    Just another joy of starting a new character.