test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken Lockbox... Why have you forsaken thee?

Why are there re-roll tokens in the new lockbox? I have over 100,000 re-roll tokens already. I do not need anymore. And to make matters worse the tokens are bound to character so I can't even move them over to my main if I wanted to, even though my main has over 2,000 token and doesn't need them either. When I say I have over 100,000 it's way under the real number as it's closer to 200,000. And I am someone who re-rolls 5 times unless I see something Legendary, which is basically never lol. Some of my toons have between 3,000 and 4,000 re-roll tokens already. I like opening boxes on different toons because they all have different RNG. But now I'm forced to give all my keys to my main and open Forsaken only on a toon that will actually run dungeons. I used to run dungeon on any and all of my toons when I felt like it but because of constant nerfs to my characters they have become less and less effective and become bag toons. Now I can even use them to open keys on?
I understand that new players need re-roll token but does everything always have to be for the benefit of the new player and screw the old players? Maybe find a way to please both new and old without HAMSTER over one or the other or making us hate each other. I love new players and love to help them whenever I can. I just don't like getting trash out of a lockbox because it's something only a new player will benefit from and totally worthless to anyone that has played the game for a decent amount of time. I remember when dungeon keys were a thing and we didn't have re-roll tokens and we needed to store them in our inventory. I had friends who would delete the keys just to make bag space. Not me though and that is why some of my toons have 4,000 re-roll tokens. I can't even sell them for gold.

Comments

• mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Dude run some dungeons and quit complaining. I’m constantly out of re-rolls and even pay the 5k to reroll every time. So this new box is great for people who actually run a lotta dungeons and trials. Thank you this new lockbox is awesome
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I do run plenty of dungeons. I've just been playing for 6-7 years. Basically you're saying I shouldn't complain because it benefits you even though it does not help me. If the shoe was on the other foot you would be complaining because you are complaining that you don't have enough re-rolls already. I'm just asking that both of us get what we want but you are only happy for yourself and don't care if anyone else is happy.

To be fair the lockbox is generous with the tradebars and I do appreciate that.
    I've run 2894 dungeons to be exact but I guess I need to run another 200,000 and stop complaining.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If you don't have VIP, you don't get re-roll token easily. It is not about new players but the players who do not do VIP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I´m sure there is something I just don´t know, but... How did you get that much reroll token? With the 3/Day it would took you about 130 years to get them... What was the source of that huge amount?

Edit: Oh, my fault. You have nearly 200k on all toons together. That makes more sense. :)
    Post edited by bumhug#4005 on
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    The forsaken lockbox is actually quite decent.
    Just open it on your main if you are scared of rerolls, I mean, I would take them off your hands if that was possible. But other than that, its a good lockbox - for the tradebars alone, if you do not need the mounts.
    - bye bye -
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Those tokens should be in a pack, either BTA or tradeable.
    I don't particularly want to be opening boxes on specific chars to feel like those tokens don't go to waste.
    edited December 2020
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

The forsaken lockbox is actually quite decent.
    Just open it on your main if you are scared of rerolls, I mean, I would take them off your hands if that was possible. But other than that, its a good lockbox - for the tradebars alone, if you do not need the mounts.

You are correct it is a good lockbox for the trade bars alone. I wish I could give you some of my re-roll tokens, I would gladly give them to you as a gift if it were possible.

--

Trust me I feel your pain. I see you asking for the removal of rp in lockboxes here on the forums. I actually like the rp but it would be nice if we got a pack like before except it be a choice pack instead of another layer of rng. In the pack from the lockbox they could give us a choice of rp or re-roll tokens or something else. It sucks that you get stuck with rp that you find no value in. I wish I could trade you my re-roll tokens for your rp.

If you don't have VIP, you don't get re-roll token easily. It is not about new players but the players who do not do VIP.

My fault there, I didn't even think about non-vip players. I guess that shows my ignorance or the bubble I'm in because I'm so used to having vip for years that I can't even imagine the game without it. I did start off non-vip the first 4-6 months but once I got vip it improved my game experience so much that I kept getting it and each level made it more worth it. Eventually I started buying 6 months of vip every summer festival and black friday sale, plus the rare free month from a key bundle or I think they even gave us a month free at one point like the 5th anniversary, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I do see it being a benefit to non-vip players. I would guess that the vast majority of non-vip players are new players. I'm all for giving them something beneficial. I just wish I wasn't stuck with something 100% worthless to me. At least chult banners sold for 9 copper lol.
    edited December 2020

--

Trust me I feel your pain. I see you asking for the removal of rp in lockboxes here on the forums. I actually like the rp but it would be nice if we got a pack like before except it be a choice pack instead of another layer of rng. In the pack from the lockbox they could give us a choice of rp or re-roll tokens or something else. It sucks that you get stuck with rp that you find no value in. I wish I could trade you my re-roll tokens for your rp.

For the record, I did not ask for the removal of RP in lockbox. I am not saying it should not. I just did not ask but may be I said something casually and forgot about it. Mainly because I did not bother to open lockbox. I have about 900 VIP keys right now.

I have no problem stashing RP although I have stashed them for a very long time. I still have many stack of 99 r4 from the past (the common RP in the past before they have all these fancy name RP gems). I did not bother to dig them out, move them and consume them.

By the way, the '--' I put there has no meaning. I wrote something and I figured out right the way I misunderstood another person's post. I just 'delete' what I wrote with '--'.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    But I do get being underwhelmed by a lockbox - for a while I was back to opening M14 lockboxes and selling comp XP simply because I didn't want to see RP - while many peeps would be happy about RP I guess.
    Different perspectives
    - bye bye -
    @jules#6770 I would rather farm rp than get it from a lockbox :) I do try to run a few alts and because of this I do run out of rp at the beginning of mods when new items are introduced into the game. I'm starting to shift more and more to just playing my main because even with account wide mounts it's hard to keep alts viable endgame. I appreciate different perspectives and I don't really disagree with any of them. I view the game as art and as such we each approach it through a different lens. I appreciate your being understanding and cordialness.