test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

These Changes will punish non rank 20 guilds AGAIN!

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
With rank 20 guilds easily(well fairly) being able to switch away from power boons structure leveling guilds will not they are stuck with it so they have to choose loose 1 year (and members) by deleting power building or waste resources and level power building to max then delete and start over.
Both these options will be devastating to non rank 20 guilds. Will there be an EXCHANGE where people can switch the power building for something else? or do you just not care about non bis players and guilds!
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Or you could keep the current Power from your Guild and have that be a fair source of your Power stat and prioritize other stats in your other options such as enchants etc.

This is largely their point as to how things have worked prior to these changes and what they hope to remedy; Everyone was forced to get the optimal things from the same optimal sources to reach the same goal.

Now with Power having a cap, where you get it from is your choice, it can come from your guild or not from your guild; in fact since pretty much every guild has that as their priority it will be an ideal place to get a good portion of it, freeing other sources to fill out other stats.

The investment of resources to max Power from guild structure is far greater than that of a Radiant R15, so honestly the choice of which is better sacrificed in the trade off is clear.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    mynaam said:

or do you just not care about non bis players and guilds!

Why do you always find a way to blame BiS players for the developers' bad decisions?

Do you think BiS players wanted bonding runestones gone? No, devs removed bondings so that new players could get stats faster.

Do you think BiS players wanted the caps to be based on IL? No, devs did that to make easier for new players to reach the cap, since their IL is low so are the caps for them.

Do you think BiS players wanted "scaling improvements"? No, the whole reason scaling is there is so that new players don't feel incompetent when running leveling dungeons with stronger players.

Do you think BiS players asked for a system where you can go to new campaigns with low item level and be upscaled? No, that's intended to give new players an easier time in new content.

Do you think BiS players had any problem with the old way stats worked? No, they didn't, in fact most BiS players knew the exact caps and enemy ratings by heart. Devs changed that because not having a direct % listed as a cap is confusing for new players.

So, there you have it. This patch is basically entirely made for new players. I know bashing BiS players is your thing, but maybe you should consider finding another talking point for this specific patch, since nothing here is made for BiS players at all.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    tgwolf said:

Or you could keep the current Power from your Guild and have that be a fair source of your Power stat and prioritize other stats in your other options such as enchants etc.

This is largely their point as to how things have worked prior to these changes and what they hope to remedy; Everyone was forced to get the optimal things from the same optimal sources to reach the same goal.

Now with Power having a cap, where you get it from is your choice, it can come from your guild or not from your guild; in fact since pretty much every guild has that as their priority it will be an ideal place to get a good portion of it, freeing other sources to fill out other stats.

The investment of resources to max Power from guild structure is far greater than that of a Radiant R15, so honestly the choice of which is better sacrificed in the trade off is clear.

The fact is i am capped on power with NO PETS/NO mounts power is way to easy to cap so it is pretty useless as a boon now!

mynaam said:

or do you just not care about non bis players and guilds!

Why do you always find a way to blame BiS players for the developers' bad decisions?

Do you think BiS players wanted bonding runestones gone? No, devs removed bondings so that new players could get stats faster.

Do you think BiS players wanted the caps to be based on IL? No, devs did that to make easier for new players to reach the cap, since their IL is low so are the caps for them.

Do you think BiS players wanted "scaling improvements"? No, the whole reason scaling is there is so that new players don't feel incompetent when running leveling dungeons with stronger players.

Do you think BiS players asked for a system where you can go to new campaigns with low item level and be upscaled? No, that's intended to give new players an easier time in new content.

Do you think BiS players had any problem with the old way stats worked? No, they didn't, in fact most BiS players knew the exact caps and enemy ratings by heart. Devs changed that because not having a direct % listed as a cap is confusing for new players.

So, there you have it. This patch is basically entirely made for new players. I know bashing BiS players is your thing, but maybe you should consider finding another talking point for this specific patch, since nothing here is made for BiS players at all.
    The truth is BIS is getting better treatment than non bis the devs do not react to non bis on twitch or on this forum. I have seen a statement made 3 times on this forum and only replied to on the 4th time when a bis player made same comment to it!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    mynaam said:

The truth is BIS is getting better treatment than non bis the devs do not react to non bis on twitch or on this forum. I have seen a statement made 3 times on this forum and only replied to on the 4th time when a bis player made same comment to it!

1. Having a SH 20 does not mean BiS.
    2. All these change is aimed for new players.
    3. BiS hurt more in this change. Non-bis is more flexible for the change.
    4. How do you know the one who did that the 4th times is BiS? Veteran is not necessary BiS.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    If you think a SH 20 can just destroy buildings and make new ones for boons overnight, you are crazy mistaken.
    I am in a SH20 and we are working on the HP boon for months, we ain't even at 50%, so i would recomend you to change your point of view there.
    As plasticbat said, veteran is not the same as BiS. BiS are players that break their backs playing to get there or wallet warriors that put tons of money. While veterans can be BiS or just casual players. Or just like me that sucks at this game cuz tries to go anti meta lol.

Power boon being useless it's also wrong. You need to see the whole picture here, a new player or new toon will find it really usefull, also you could focus on other items if you have a boon that keeps you caped with power.
    No matter the mod, the power boon will always have a place. So instead of thinking that you lose 1 year, think that you secured a year.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    shugensha said:

If you think a SH 20 can just destroy buildings and make new ones for boons overnight, you are crazy mistaken.
    I am in a SH20 and we are working on the HP boon for months, we ain't even at 50%, so i would recomend you to change your point of view there.
    As plasticbat said, veteran is not the same as BiS. BiS are players that break their backs playing to get there or wallet warriors that put tons of money. While veterans can be BiS or just casual players. Or just like me that sucks at this game cuz tries to go anti meta lol.

Power boon being useless it's also wrong. You need to see the whole picture here, a new player or new toon will find it really usefull, also you could focus on other items if you have a boon that keeps you caped with power.
    No matter the mod, the power boon will always have a place. So instead of thinking that you lose 1 year, think that you secured a year.

This.

I am a Veteran player; started pre-day 1 on PC and have barely missed a day since. I can count the number of times I've been BiS on one hand over the years, it's just not worth it in MMOs.

BiS comes either when you hit the peak of boredom or are the kind of person who engages in e-peen measuring contests. It's realistically limited to 1-2 characters at the max (unless you're a complete wallet warrior). It's common knowledge that at one point I ran upwards of 200 fully end game viable alts over multiple platforms but no longer; the changes to loadounts and ease of build respec'ing removed the need for that.

On Preview I used a maxed out Guild Power boon in my build, shed most other forms of Power outside of gear and then worked up other stats and Power came naturally.

I have Power at around 80%, Crit at 80%, Crit Severity at 90% and everything else between 60-70% atm and I'm just beginning to fine tune everything.