test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To gain an unfair advantage over other players(combat changes)

alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Just as a question, discussion or just being stupid myself but...

12) using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

This is a point from the terms of service and can result in a ban if broken

However I think a design floor is being exploited in the way you release new content, namely the test server.

When you offer or give access to the test server and turn us into Beta testers for new content(cause it seems you don't have your own team of them) you give an unfair advantage over other players who don't know how to access or even that it exists to many players.

My main reason for thinking this is the auction house right now with enchantments. For a long time now set enchantments have been best in slot(radients) as this new combat and build change information has been released the cost for radeints has fell massively and the other enchantments with triple stats have went up massively as well or just not listed, this means that people who were accessing test server after the release were able to load and access the live server and take all the cheaper enchantments, either increasing the cost and selling on or are stacking waiting for the new changes to go live. Surely this is using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

There are other points as well such as companions and other items(radients just an example specifically)

I personally think all testing should be done in house by the company creating and releasing this information. Everyone should be playing on a level playing field but they aren't because of the test server.

Comments

• alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Plus :
    14) take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

People who don't know test server, were not online when the changes we announced.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The current preview server arrangement is actually better than before.

In the past, test internal, information leaked. Some took advantage of it. Some spilled false information to take advantage of it.

In the past, a selected few were invited to participate for testing were accused of taking advantage of it. I am not saying they did that but it is not nice to be accused. In addition, information leaked.

Now, it is a fair game to everyone. The changes were announced before the preview server was available. The availability of the preview server was also announced. I did not need to go to preview server to know radiant is doomed when I read the first few sentence of the 1st post of many posts posted by the dev.

For those who are 'close' to the game, they always have some sort of advantage.
    If you cannot voice what you don't like and hope it could be 'improved', players will go to the mine field with zero preparation for massive amount of bugs.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    People that do not know test server can ask other people.
    Preview "knowledge" is something that is usually shared in guilds and alliances.

There is a lot of knowledge about the games economy and how to make AD and Zen that comes from long practise. I know several whales that do indeed know what to sell in testing times without ever touching preview since for them it ruins the fun of experiencing something new. Their words, not mine...

That is the same kind of knowledge that gets shared within the game every day, just like builds, new mechanics, new events, new shortcuts of whatever kind... Remember Juma's original spot? Finding Zok?
    Interaction with players imo.

Also, there is a bunch of streamers broadcasting (and getting a big part of their views through) changes on preview builds.

The market does not work in strange unpredictable ways that only a certain few have access to. But it IS first come first serve. Everybody is free to look up some videos and do some thinking if they want to outsmart other people on AH.

Or - just sit out changes like this (if you want to), wait until the storm passes and prices are at a halfway decent lvl again. Has worked fine as well.
    - bye bye -
  • canuck1canuck1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    It would be nice of a Dev to come on and speak about this. I have been on preview on 2 of my mains and it has required multiple exchanges of my enchants, runestones and insignias as well as the 5 mythic companions to play the game similar to before. If there are no ways to exchange what we worked our asses off for OR paid for based on the previous MODS requirements then this is a huge money grab and slap in the face. Again - I don't mind change - go for a better game by all means but don't throw out everything we worked hard to get - 1 for 1 non-bound items exchange vendor for a short time after launch is the solution to our concerns. Thank you.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    canuck1 said:

It would be nice of a Dev to come on and speak about this. I have been on preview on 2 of my mains and it has required multiple exchanges of my enchants, runestones and insignias as well as the 5 mythic companions to play the game similar to before. If there are no ways to exchange what we worked our asses off for OR paid for based on the previous MODS requirements then this is a huge money grab and slap in the face. Again - I don't mind change - go for a better game by all means but don't throw out everything we worked hard to get - 1 for 1 non-bound items exchange vendor for a short time after launch is the solution to our concerns. Thank you.

You mean something like this:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11481463-neverwinter-december-stream-schedule
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Ask all those folks who purchased green slime between 4Mil-10Mil AD the other day how that worked out for them XD Seen them turn around and try to sell them the next day for 2Mil or less!
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Unfortunately PWE does not care enough about the quality of its own games and or cannot afford a real developer based test team, so they have to farm out playtesting to the players.

I've played games where there is no PTS, and bugs are rare and quickly fixed. no PWE game will ever be one of those.