test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - General Feedback/Bugs

Comments

• llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    Mythic Artifacts in Primary Artifact Slot giving extra item level.

Maybe WAI but I couldn't find it listed anywhere.
    Tested Staff of Flowers, Trobriand's Ring, Halaster's Blast Scepter & Music Box which all give 450 rather than 300 to TIL
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Mythic Artifacts in Primary Artifact Slot giving extra item level.

Maybe WAI but I couldn't find it listed anywhere.
    Tested Staff of Flowers, Trobriand's Ring, Halaster's Blast Scepter & Music Box which all give 450 rather than 300 to TIL

That should be true on live as well (although I think we improved the display to show it on the item now), the active artifact power grants item level.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @eladonwarps#6040 from what I experienced and have been reading, lower level zones will need to be tuned along with boss fights. Feedback like you provided I imagine is very beneficial.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > Interesting that there is simultaneously players saying they want control bonus gone and others asking for more sources. Shows the variety of play styles.
    >
    > We don't often change the bonuses on existing things to new stats (exception being when a stat is removed) as people tend not to like that. But if there is a race that players think it would be a good fit and would like to see it, we can make that change. Would be better for that conversation to happen in the race bonus thread though.

Without mentioning other games on this forum, I replayed a very popular MMO that was re-released last August. It was enjoyable to run group content where non-Tank characters could CC mobs to assist the Tank with pulls/difficulty. Most times, everyone had an assignment, which differs from the current state of NW where a single high-level DPS can be tanky, self-heal, and/or nuke mobs in dungeons before they become a threat. Boss/mob interrupts, stuns, fears, roots, etc. were shared responsibilities of the group.

CC adds a layer to combat, diversifies gameplay styles (i.e. support character), and is a survivability mechanism for squishy classes. The Control Wizards and Trapper Rangers of old were VERY FUN to play and I imagine could be tuned for practicality rather than having the ability to chain CC mobs or bosses. On control immune targets they could be granted extra damage magnitude which we know is already possible.

When everyone can participate in the dungeon and have a meaningful role/responsibility = fun.

When you can choke, daze, repel, blind, root, etc. mobs to keep your party safe = fun.

When mobs dont die in one hit to whoever sprints ahead first leaving the rest of the party to be "carried" = fun.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    OK so my feedback...
    I'm not reading through all comments to see if it was suggested but this is extremely important!
    Mod 16 we were given the option to trade in enchants, runestones, etc... in for boxes.
    The boxes were: Armor Enchant, Weapon Enchant, Runestones, Single State Enchantment, Double Stat Enchantment, and Tripple Stat Enchantment.
    Now... please hear me on this.
    Our current power system is changing yes? Right now everyone has Radiants all over the place right now.
    If you release the trade ins like the way I posted above that will not help us.
    What we need is Armor/Weapon Enchantment Choice Pack, Runestones Choice Pack, and Enchantment Choice Pack (including ALL enchantments, single, double, and triple.
    I can't stress enough how important this is and it would reduce a lot of stress people are feeling right now for all their hard work leveling enchants so we don't have to start 100% from scratch...

@noworries#8859 I hope I've posted this in the correct place. If not can it be relocated or a link provided so I can post to the right place? Thank you ;)
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    lardeson said:

This thread is for feedback/bugs that don't fit into any of the other specific threads.

When some players say they dont like these changes , its normally cause their pets gave them high stats and they didnt have to be at high itm lvl to get massive power and combat adv for example ... now the stats arent pet heavy and your toon need to be geared not your pet ! which is how it should be !

Absolutly fantastic tht the game is finally moving in right direction - TY cryptic

Yes there will be changes and tweaks to stabilize bugs or imbalances , but fundamentally this is the best thing tht happened to the game in many years !

:heart:B)

Thats not quite correct xd. The changes are in the right direction, but too drastic. Literally everyone in the game have their builds based on power. Millions of ad spend on companions, mounts, insignias, enchants that gave power, and all of a sudden, there's a hard cap on power, making them useless. Thats countless hours and years wasted building your character, just to start from fresh.

Everyday is a new day , such is life .. we love spending AD we might not always like earning it

i have been here since Mod 5 and i'll bet i have spent more AD & Zen than you but welcome the change.

• dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    1. More companions need accuracy. We have 7.5% for combat advantage, power, critical strike, critical severity but none for accuracy. Best they give is 3.8% of something and 3.8% of accuracy.
    2. Make easier accessible food buffs - watermelon is currently the best choice for what it gives but anything that'd give 10% critical strike and accuracy - for example - would outshine watermelon.
    3. Overloads from hell pit should add 5% directly to percentages rather than to ratings - accuracy and critical strike overload is at this point just useless.
    4. Damage reduction and HP reduction from scaling at the current point is punishing for end game players. On live currently you can feel that you have worked towards something in every dungeon, right now you are put in a position that makes the progress and better items with the same powers redundant in scaled content. My suggestion is that instead of not letting damage and HP over a certain point in item level, just reduce returns. For example, if item level maximum for a dungeon is 30k, then for the next 10k points return damage and HP at 50% effectiveness and for anyone above 10k the effectiveness would be further reduced to 25%. At any point above that you would just not gain any bonus damage or HP.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    With the new changes we technically do much less damage (in numbers), while health pool is often increased/stayed the same.
    This combination kind of made anything that heals you based on damage dealt (bloodletter, armour enchant, possibly weapon enchant) completely lose its niche.
    It might be worth it to transfer things that "heals you based on damage dealt" to "return portion of max health" instead. (bloodletter on preview, on a good day, returns 1/10 of my total HP - which does not justify its use; while the armour enchant would need 10x increase of proc chance to actually be worth a penny for solo play)
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    @Cryptic
    You are aware of your solo player community? Many of them playing a paladin tank, because he is tanky, can heal and can kill enemies not as fast than a dps could, but at a reasonable amount of time. Are you aware of your solo community? Are there any plans to introduce kill tokens for paladins? You ruined self heal and damage. I have doubts, heavy doubts, your community is going to play this.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    @nitocris83

make the bonding runestone exchange vendor not be done by clicking 1 by 1.. add a slider. FARMVILLE = not FUN. I'd say this is a needed change. we have a lot of bonding runestones accumulated over the years, unlike the previous exchanges like insignias.

I await good news.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    As someone who has a 15 minute window of game time a night, this scaling stuff sounds pretty bad for me. If things take longer to kill then the rewards better increase via the same ratio. 10 times the time, 10 times the reward (specifically weeklies, which is where as a solo player I get most of my AD.).
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • l0gicalm1nd#4704 l0gicalm1nd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    There is currently a bug on the preview server where the damage displayed by damage floaters is slightly more than what is shown in the logs.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I'd like to see more feats, passives, companions, powers, and/or gear bonuses that revolve around this system

I like the idea of picking a build focus, like a Barbarian focused on Combat Advantage, or a Rogue specialized in Critical hits, or making yourself a pure glass cannon at the expense of defensive stats.

But, for the most part, I feel that I'm just picking which damage multiplier works out the best for my class, rather than deciding on a different playstyle.

While I get that the stat overhaul isn't supposed to be class balance related or gear related, I would highly suggest revising gear bonuses, powers, feats, and passives to better revolve around this stats system, such that players can diversify themselves in more than just what damage multiplier to focus on.

Some bonuses already exist in this fashion, such as Combat Balance, Overpenetration, or Skirmisher's Gambit.

But I'd like to see more bonuses added that compel me to make different decisions, to make my build, my build and not just "which gear list gives me the objectively highest damage numbers".

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The Cape of Catastrophy should be the first item to get the treatment suggested by @rjc9000 🥳
    Elite Whaleboy
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Can you tell us if anything about Revive Sickness stacks or the Temple's Revive Sickness boon has changed? I'm on PS4 and can't test, but I'm preparing to build the Temple for my guild. Thank you for any info.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    During Character creation screen Charisma tooltip still showing Companion Incfluence
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859 I don't know where to post specific class feedback, but after making builds for my ranger/cleric (my mains) I tested other classes with some friends. Wizard is way behind the other dps classes. Their encounters/atwills/dailies need some additional magnitude than what they have on the current preview build. I would suggest 80 more mag to encounters, 40 more mag to at wills, and 100 more mag to dailies. They might still be behind, but it should help them be more in line with the others.
    Thanks,
    Neko
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

Will you be doing a pass on the weapon/armor enchants?

The new system is awesome for some of the enchants as is, but makes the sub-par enchants stand out even more than before.

I tested all enchantments on preview and found these still have a place in the new system (some very situational):

Weapon enchantments:

Bilethorn :
    Very nice DoT, control effect. Control effect makes up for lack of +/- stats due to insignia bonus synergy.

Bronzewood:
    +10% damage taken and -3000 deflect.

Flaming :
    DoT and -3000 crit avoidance (3x1000).

Holy Avenger :
    Heal and +15% defense for party.

Lightning :
    The one and only AoE enchant.

Vorpal :
    +20% crit severity and 3000 crit on daily activation.

Armor enchants:

Barkshield :
    Needs adjustment, but ok effect.

Bloodtheft :
    Very niche, but ok effect.

Eclipse :
    +3000 deflection and full stamina on depletion. Ok.

Elven Battle :
    Control resistance and stamina regen, very nice.

Negation :
    +% damage resistance and healing. +DR not showing in char sheet ?

Shadowclad :
    +% deflection and invisibility on max stacks. Needs adjustment (currently counts toward stat rating)

Thunderhead :
    Nice for AoE/non-boss fights. Has undocumented control effect. Needs tooltip adjustment?

In my opinion, the following enchantments needs rework/added effects :

Weapon enchants :

Prominence :
    Full rework, close to useless in current version.

Frost :
    Has control effect, needs more to compete with Bilethorn. Control effect makes up for lack of +/- stats due to insignia bonus synergy.

Lifedrinker :
    May have some use in PVP(?), useless in PVE. Rework.

Plague Fire :
    We have Flaming, why do we need this?

Terror :
    -3000 awareness on daily activation, very weak compared to alternatives.

Armor enchants :

Briartwine :
    By far my favorite armor enchant, but sadly extremely weak. Effect needs a buff and/or added effect.

Fireburst :
    +5% to “resistances” needs clarification, does nothing according to my character sheet. If +% goes to defense, awareness, crit avoid and deflect this can be a very good choice for endgame tanks.

Frostburn :
    Currently 30% chance for -3% crit chance debuff to mob. 10,5% chance for slow. Needs rework.

Loamweave:
    Needs rework.

Soulforged:
    Nice resurrection effect, needs adjustment to secondary effect.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • marezki#1994 marezki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The following weapon offhand bonuses dont work:
    • Incoming Healing (2.5%)
    • Control Bonus (10%)
    • Control Resistance Bonus (10%)
    • Critical Severity (10%)
    They don't show in character stat list and don't give a bonus (I have tested on CS bonus many times). Please, check this issue.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Will you look at updating the Stronghold's Mistery Merchant gear store ?
    thanks
  • Based on the fact that bonding will not play a role we do have an AD exchange.
    Will the same happen with the Codex of companion XP ?
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    bugs:
    ring of the fallen power +5/condemned +5 (and possibly other MOG/Garryx rings) have m19 stats
    Manticore presence... all my attacks have at least halved effective damage except this one (flat damage bypassing that mysterious defensive measure no other attack can bypass)
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Platinum ring of the herald is adding to raw stat instead of % stat as stated

• jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Thorned Roots hunter feat is unchanged from mod 19. It is still giving 75 magnitude per TIC of thorned roots or 225 magnitude to single targets. Will this get a magnitude buff like other encounters/at wills/dailies? Perhaps 100 per tic and 300 mag would suffice.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859

I would like to know if Feats and Class Features are going to receive a pass-over?

For some classes, the BiS feats don't add direct magnitude damage. For other classes they do. Since all powers were increased to 130% of old magnitudes, magnitude-adding feats will suffer. Some paragons are dependent on this feat type in their class balancing.

Example: Dreadnought Fighter in any Boss Fight will use the 'Momentum' class feature and the 'Weight of Vengeance' Feat.

Momentum adds 300 magnitude to Bull Charge encounter.
    Weight of Vengeance adds 380 magnitude to Anvil of Doom encounter.

Since these amounts were not also multiplied by 1.30 , like the encounters, a Dreadnought will lose 204 magnitude every 12 seconds (the encounter recharge length).

By contrast, classes that use no direct magnitude boosts in their feats will lose nothing.