test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Racial Bonuses

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
This thread is for feedback/bugs on the changes to Racial Bonuses with the combat changes.

We took this opportunity to boost many of the racial bonuses as you have let us know that many of them weren't interesting or at a value that mattered.

Human - Versatile Defense now grants 1% to the total for all rating stats
Half Orc - Furious Assault grants +5% Critical Severity. Swift Charge +10% movement speed for 3 seconds on entering combat
Wood Elf - Elven Accuracy grants +5% Critical Strike. Wild Step +20% resistance to Slow effects.
Sun Elf - Inner Calm grants +5% Action Point Gain. Sun Elf Grace grants +10% Control Resistance
Dwarf - Stand Your Ground +20% resistance to Knock and Push effects. Cast-Iron grants +5% Defense
Halfling - Nimble Reaction grants +5% Deflect. Bold increases Control Resistance +10%
Half Elf - Dilettante grants +2 Ability score depending on class. Knack for Success +3% Critical Severity, Deflection and Gold Bonus
Tiefling - Bloodhunt +5% damage to targets below half health. Infernal Wrath when received damage 10% chance to apply Infernal Wrath. Effect reduces outgoing damage of the target by 5%
Drow - Honed Defenses +5% Deflect Severity. Darkfire when attacking a foe you have a 5% chance to apply Darkfie. Effect reduces the target's Defense by 5%
Dragonborn - Draconic Heritage +5% incoming healing. Dragonborn Fury +3% Critical Strike and Power
Metallic Dragonborn - Dragonborn Fury +3% Critical Strike and Power. Metallic Ancestry +3% incoming healing +3% Maximum Hitpoints
Aasimar - Celestial Superiority +2% Power, Outgoing Healing, Incoming Healing, Defense, and Maximum Hitpoints. Celestial Presence +2% maximum hitpoints to nearby party members, does not stack with itself.
Gith - Gith Endurance +5% Stamina Regen. Gith Advantage +5% Combat Advantage
Moon Elf - Moon Elf Resilience +10% Control Resistance. Wanderlust +3% Action Point Gain and Stamina Gain
Renegade Drow - Honed Defenses +5% Deflect Severity. Faerie Fire when attacking a foe 5% chance to apply Faerie Fire. Effect reduces target defense and outgoing damage by 3%
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Make celestial superiority also give 1% crit and 1% accuracy. I think that will make it more desirable especially since its new.
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    So since power will be over capped on all dps, tiefling is now bis for dps instead of Dragonborn..
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Nice to see that there are some worthwhile bonuses to other races again. The paid races look to have a bit more oomph as well, which only makes sense.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Imo, all premium races (dragonborns, aasimar, MB renegade drow, moon elf, gith) should have more unique and/or better bonuses.

Dragonborns: don't change the damage boost to power boost. It's only one thing that should not be touched. Keep it as it is on live currently. Dragonborns already pay the price for that damage boost in ugliness B)
    Aasimar: the bonus for shared HP is nice to have, but again, damage bonus =/= power bonus. Don't change what isn't needed.
    Gith: with stamina regen bonus and CA bonus that race is great for classes like barbarian or fighter and during campaign we encounter mostly those types of giths. If it's meant to be a race for hybrid tank/dps then consider adding extra thread generation/hp/run speed boost.
    Moon elf: this one is weird, I'm not really seeing anyone playing that race unless they like visuals. Why not add melee/range at-will/encounter boost to them to somewhat make them a bit better?
    MB renegade drow: debuff is nice, but change defense to damage resistance and increase chance to actually apply that debuff to 7-10% (if I'm not mistaken, it's currently 100% chance to apply on live). Also would be nice to add them something like extra stamina/ap gain to/instead of deflect severity too.

As for the non-premium races, I think human is again the one that gets the worst bonus. I know, humans are versatile and it should be something for everyone, but 1% to all ratings? Give them 1% damage bonus to at-will, encounter and/or daily powers.
    The other races have decent bonuses as far as I can tell. It would be boring to have all races have dmg/hp boosts, so I guess it's fine.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2020

This thread is for feedback/bugs on the changes to Racial Bonuses with the combat changes.

We took this opportunity to boost many of the racial bonuses as you have let us know that many of them weren't interesting or at a value that mattered.

Human - Versatile Defense now grants 1% to the total for all rating stats
    Half Orc - Furious Assault grants +5% Critical Severity. Swift Charge +10% movement speed for 3 seconds on entering combat
    Wood Elf - Elven Accuracy grants +5% Critical Strike. Wild Step +20% resistance to Slow effects.
    Half Elf - Dilettante grants +2 Ability score depending on class. Knack for Success +3% Critical Severity, Deflection and Gold Bonus
    Tiefling - Bloodhunt +5% damage to targets below half health. Infernal Wrath when received damage 10% chance to apply Infernal Wrath. Effect reduces outgoing damage of the target by 5%

No buffs for Half-Orc? -_-
    Live server: "Furious Assault: Your Critical Severity is 5% higher than that of other races, causing you to deal more damage when you deliver a Critical Strike.
    Swift Charge: You gain a 10% bonus to Runspeed for 3 seconds when you enter combat. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds."

Unlike other races Wood Elf got a solid buff, no?
    Live: "Elven Accuracy: You gain a bonus 1500 Critically Strike.
    Wild Step: You have a 10% resistance to effects that Slow your movement."

Human - explain w math across all ratings, please.

That's sweet. I think I reroll my Half-Orc and Moon-Elf then.
    Half-Elf Barbie, Half-Elf DC? Tiefling maybe?
    Sounds good.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Well.... Aasimar was fun while it lasted... Looks like I might roll my healer back to drow or renegade drow...
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

The racial are supposed to be applied to final percentage. So if Cryptic has the wording right (I have no faith in this btw) then if you have 49% power naturally outside of racial, then human will bump you to 50% regardless of ratings.

Racials are applied to the addition % past the 50% rating caps. So in case of Humans, you have 50k in all your stats, their racial will bring you to 51% if you have 50K TiL

It says it in the announcement that it is applied to final percentage. So you pretty much repeated what I said for if it was over 50%. it still confirms it for under 50%.

Yes, both cases are correct. I just thought you might have thought it was only for the base 50% cap.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Is it possible to get a clarification to how “ Stand Your Ground +20% resistance to Knock and Push effects” differs from Control Resistance, @noworries#8859 ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I think this is a good balance on races, giving all(or most) races a chance to make a build with them. So hopefully it wont be just all Dragonborns everywhere. But I do think premium races should still have a slight edge over others. Nothing gamechanging, but atleast something worth using it over others.

For example, Aasimar and Dragonborn should still give damage instead of power. Because power will be very easy to cap as it looks now.
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi. I would like to inform:

- Wood Elf's racial bonus is granting +5% to Crit. Chance, instead of ratings.

I actually enjoy that. Increasing total percentage is better than increasing ratings, but you should prob fix the tooltip so players could choose their racial bonus propperly.
    I did not test if the same is happening with Dragonborns, though.

Cheers!
  • supmadbrosupmadbro Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Hi. I would like to inform:

- Wood Elf's racial bonus is granting +5% to Crit. Chance, instead of ratings.

I actually enjoy that. Increasing total percentage is better than increasing ratings, but you should prob fix the tooltip so players could choose their racial bonus propperly.
    I did not test if the same is happening with Dragonborns, though.

Cheers!

That is intended, Every race bonus that has "increase x stat by a %" goes directly into the 'other contributions' and not the ratings.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Most of these class abilities are trash, only boosting capped stats. Those are both boring, and potentially worthless lategame

****EVERY SINGLE CLASS SHOULD ONLY HAVE UNCAPPED STATS BOOSTED AND A UNIQUE ABILITY.****

If you follow the above advice, each class might actually feel different. (By uncapped stats I mean "utility" I guess is correct term? Like Action Point Gain, Recharge Speed, Movement Speed, Stamina Regeneration, Magical Damage Boost, Physical Damage Boost, Encounter/At Will Damage Etc)
    Post edited by masteroga on
  • sam551#3407 sam551 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Would be nice if u guys remove the racial ability score lock, how about we can freely pick any 2 stats for any races? That would open more diversity in the game.
    Post edited by sam551#3407 on
  • lordaule#2304 lordaule Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am not a fan of classes that have a form of control resist as a racial bonus (this includes the variations such as resistance to Slow and resistance to Knock and Push). Those effects just don't happen often enough in game play - and when they do they can often be dodged/avoided. Except maybe for tanks, but even then it is of limited usefulness. Consider replacing with other utilities - I like that some races debuff enemies or give gold, HP, incoming healing, etc.

As others stated, premium pay races (Moon Elf) should be stronger than the regular races. Giving up 2% AP gain for 3% stamina gain is not worth the money, as for most classes it's actually a downgrade because stamina has so little usefulness.

There are 10 rating stats, right? Power, Crit Strike, Crit Sev, Accuracy, Combat Advantage, Defense, Deflect, Deflect Severity, Crit Avoid, Awareness. But no races (other than Human) give Accuracy, Crit Avoid, or Awareness - so consider adding those.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Is it possible to get a clarification to how “ Stand Your Ground +20% resistance to Knock and Push effects” differs from Control Resistance, @noworries#8859 ?

What I understand is that u gain more resistance to those effects instead of stun, daze, paraIysis, chiII/ freeze/ movement debuff
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Human race shoud give +2% in all ratings. ditto :)
    2fv72Fw.png
    > @exgardian said:
    > Human race shoud give +2% in all ratings. ditto :)

Human is one of, if not the, strongest race as it is in current preview build. +1% to all stats and +3 to ability score is an extreme boost to stats.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Races are a 99.9% cosmetic choice to begin with. I just wish Aasimar was actually an option for people who werent there at a very specific window of time, and not a slap in the face forevermore to anyone who wasn't. They really are trying hard to drive people away into the open arms of games which don't treat customers as disposable toilet wipes.
    gradii said:

Races are a 99.9% cosmetic choice to begin with. I just wish Aasimar was actually an option for people who werent there at a very specific window of time, and not a slap in the face forevermore to anyone who wasn't. They really are trying hard to drive people away into the open arms of games which don't treat customers as disposable toilet wipes.

I'm sure Aasimar will be a zen purchasable at some point. It has to be balanced with the amount of work people put in to unlock it in the first place. If it was purchasable with Zen and no grinding, there would be a lot of angry customers then too.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    IMO, each race should boost 1 offensive stat, 1 defensive stat, and have one or more secondary effects.

Reason: The classes are going to be assigned by Paragon now. No more Dwarven DPS. No more Halfling Assassins, Every Drow will be DPS now. It's too polarizing by paragon type the way it is listed out.
    @zimxero#8085 Do we know if the drow debuff stacks? If all DPS choose a race that has an effect only useable by 1 of 5 players, 4 of 5 players will waste racial bonus and potential stat gains
    Elite Whaleboy
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Can the premium races (Gith, Renegade Drow, Moon Elf) have an option similar to the one the Aasimars and Dragonborns have? I mean to choose which +2 ability scores to increase freely? Right now they have fixed ability scores:

- Gith with +2 Dex and +2 Str/Int;
    - Renegade Drow with +2 Dex and +2 Cha/Wis;
    - Moon Elf with +2 Int and +2 Dex/Cha.

That would give them at least some degree of improvement.
    Post edited by erevel09 on
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    With the paid for races, the Moon elf gets no where near the bonuses as a Dragonborn. To have control resistance is a joke. Like you had to think of something quick and that sounded good. Absolutely no reason to spend the money or time on them. It’s highly unbalanced. This is why Dragonborn are everywhere. Look at all the vids of endgame completions and see the majority are Dragonborn. If the other races can’t compete, no ones going to use them.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2020

With the paid for races, the Moon elf gets no where near the bonuses as a Dragonborn. To have control resistance is a joke. Like you had to think of something quick and that sounded good. Absolutely no reason to spend the money or time on them. It’s highly unbalanced. This is why Dragonborn are everywhere. Look at all the vids of endgame completions and see the majority are Dragonborn. If the other races can’t compete, no ones going to use them.

Though I do agree that Moon Elf's bonuses are pretty bad, making Moon Elf good would ruin part of its meme status.

Moon Elf was always that meme race that looks great but wasn't very strong in combat. By continuing to do well with Moon Elf, you could assert your dominance over the all of your friends that sold out to the stronger races like Uglyborn Dragonborn.

This is why Dragonborn are everywhere. Look at all the vids of endgame completions and see the majority are Dragonborn. If the other races can’t compete, no ones going to use them.

Right now, on live, Dragonborn are everywhere because Dragonborn bonuses are just superior to most races in the game, save for Tiefling and arguably Aasimar & Half Orc. You literally just deal 3% more damage for rolling Uglyborn Dragonborn, gain more HP than the rest of the races (allowing you to squeak by on some survivability threshholds), and also get the +stat bonus that most of the other races get.

The whole point of the racial change is to bring the rest of the races in line with Dragonborn, for which I'd say that the update generally does a good job of making most other racial bonuses useful.

----
    If Moon Elf's bonuses were to be adjusted to be better relative to the other races, I'd suggest Moon Elf to grant the following bonuses:

Moon Elf Resilience: Gain 5% Awareness (or Crit Avoid)
    Wanderlust: Gain 3% Accuracy and 3% Recharge Speed Increase.

The reason I suggest the re-changing of these bonuses is because there are no races at the moment which provide any specialized* bonuses to Awareness (or Crit Avoid), Accuracy, or Recharge Speed Increase.

I don't think people will be dropping everything to go Moon Elf, but changing Moon Elf to represent these unrepresented stats would make Moon Elf different from being "slightly worse Sun Elf".

*Human doesn't count because it provides 1% to everything, as the jack of all trades race.

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Lol yeah a very expensive meme. Same with renegade drow, but now they are seeing some love.
    But if you want some change ups and people to spend money, you have to give bang for the bucks. Moon elf doesn’t cut it and neither did the renegade. The point is to make folks spend zen, give them a reason to.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Lol yeah a very expensive meme. Same with renegade drow, but now they are seeing some love.

But if you want some change ups and people to spend money, you have to give bang for the bucks. Moon elf doesn’t cut it and neither did the renegade. The point is to make folks spend zen, give them a reason to.

What part of Blue Hair is it that you aren't comprehending? It was literally the whole reason why I got the Moon elf.