test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion control

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
With the changes to bonding and companions, as it is now, there is a good chance that there will be a resurgence of summoned non-augment companions.

It will be great if there will be some on-the-fly ability to control their behavior.
Even something generic, for example 3 AI modes:

Aggressive - Go attack or heal anything relevant on sight.
Passive - Attack / heal / aggro what the player attacks / heals (or maybe heal owner only).
"Hold" - Companion sticks to the owner and does nothing.

Or anything else that will allow more interaction / cooperation with the companions, so they are not subtly (or sometimes, not subtly) annoying at times.

Comments

• Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Yep, the amount of times I've yelled at my summoned non-aug to "get back here and do what I want you to do!" "Attack what I'm attacking you stupid thing!" or "would you just stay by my side for just one minute!!"...

I only run with an aug in certain content, because of scaling, I still have sufficient stats with a non-aug in most content anyway.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Pls
  • Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Agree. The amount of times I've grown frustrated when I'm attempting to interact with an object only to find that my companion has attacked a mob that wasn't even aggro'd on me or attacking me in any way.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

With the changes to bonding and companions, as it is now, there is a good chance that there will be a resurgence of summoned non-augment companions.

It will be great if there will be some on-the-fly ability to control their behavior.
    Even something generic, for example 3 AI modes:

Aggressive - Go attack or heal anything relevant on sight.
    Passive - Attack / heal / aggro what the player attacks / heals (or maybe heal owner only).
    "Hold" - Companion sticks to the owner and does nothing.

Or anything else that will allow more interaction / cooperation with the companions, so they are not subtly (or sometimes, not subtly) annoying at times.

I remember the single player Neverwinter boxsets had similar controls for companions, I believe they were something like.
    • Don't attack until I do
    • Attack aggressively as soon as you spot an enemy
    • Attack when you see an enemy but not aggressively, protect yourself
    • Hold back and don't attack
    • Pick up treasure after the battle
    DD~