test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Adjustments - Companions

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
This thread is for feedback/bug reports on the changes to companions with the combat work that is on preview.
  • Companions no longer level up, they only use their rank now.
  • Bonding Runestones no longer have an effect or slots to go in.
  • Companion Influence has been removed and the companion stat window shows the stats that transfer to the player at a 1:1 ratio.
  • Companions can upgrade to mythic and bolster has been increased.
  • Companion Enhancement, Offense, Defense, Utility powers have had adjustments to support the new rating/combat work.
  • There is now Universal power slots on companions and all classes have the same number/types of power slot.
  • Fighting Companions share the ratings from their owner, get a percentage of the owner's base damage as their own damage, and take a portion of their owner's base health as their own. Type of companion, dps, tank, healer, modifies those values.
Check out the blog post for more information on all of the changes.

Comments

• mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    So the Stronghold cleric companion doesnt give +10% extra influence on the test server?? is that a bug??
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 can u fix UI properly after bonding removal?
    at least move gear to the previous bonding place or make it like this:
    Suggestions (easy to click - the buttons line up on the right side):
    PTR:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Display bug:

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic. I think it should be 3.5% at mythic.

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Cryptic Insight have the same rating at mythic quality as it has on epic. I think it should be 3.5% at mythic.

For me it shows up with 3.8%
    https://imgur.com/a/bUXaGej
  • jawsofthelifejawsofthelife Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi.
    Abyssal chicken still hits pretty hard, compared to other companions in same quality and bolster level.

Cheers!
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Companions Bugs

Jagged Dancing Blade:
    750 Combined Rating isn't counted when used on universal slot

Assassin Drake:
    300 Combined Rating at mythic rank

Cantankerous Mage:
    Defense bonus is counted as negative
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Black Ice Ioun Stone still has useless bonus. Black Ice consumption reduction isn't relevant anymore. Give that one stuff like AP Gain bonus or Recharge Speed bonus.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I'm watching today's stream and the talk has shifted to the companion types (tank, dps, and healer). One issue that I've seen with tank companions is that they can't seem to get and/or hold aggro. The best I can tell, this happened when Mod 16 launched. The point of using a tank companion is that they can take the heat off of you because you're squishy. If the companion can't get or hold threat (or if the companion can't stay alive), the point of using a tank companion is lost.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    xvimn134 said:

let me put it straigt, how many people agree that alpha compy should still be BIS/one of the BIS companion? just make alpha compy 7.5% damage when mythic, and deepcrow 7.5% power when mythic, instead of both giving power; and
    then we would not worrying about power cap when buying alpha compy

The thing is, and people don't seem to realize this, but Alpha Compy is a pretty awesome summoned companion in the new system. People haven't been running compy on live because of Xuna, Chicken, and augments. On preview, however, Compy is pretty awesome again as a summoned companion.
  • degastignan#2347 degastignan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Here's an alternative change for companions to consider. Instead of removing xp completely, why not just decouple it from the rank quality ? This way companions of any quality can be leveled to 40 and have all their combat abilities and powers unlocked. Companions of all ranks will be useful summoned (and fully leveled) while only quality ranked companions would max out the player bonuses and contribute to bolster. The XP items would still be useful and this system would help towards making all companions viable summoned, something that has plagued Neverwinter for years. But there would still be a need for companion tokens to upgrade your buffs and maximise bolster for a category.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Deepcrow is increasing power stat.....that is a bug, yeah?
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    i took a quick pass on utility powers for the companions i have and noticed a few glaring differences/discrepancies between live and preview. would you please explain the reasoning for the differences, if they are not in fact errors which will be addressed in a future build

legendary stalwart golden lion - celestial lions presence
    on live = grants 10% additional damage as radiant damage for 10 seconds
    on test = grants 0.05% additional damage as radiant damage for 10 seconds
    even if this should be 5% and not 0.05%, thats still half the additional damage in the new setup

Blacksmiths discipline
    on live = 10% change to reflect 10% of damage taken
    on test = 10% change to reflect 2.5% of damage taken up to 50,000
    thats only 1/4 of the reflected damage and now it has a cap at 50k

Cockatrice presence
    on live = 10% chance to do 30% weapon damage and root attacker
    on test = 10% chance to do 1.5 magnitude damage and root attacker
    is an extra 1.5 magnitude damage really comparable to 40% of weapon damage?

Simirl helpers wisdom
    on live = increases drop rate of light of simrils by 40%
    on test = 300 combined rating, nothing about increasing drop rates of light of simril
    why does the utility power not mention increased drops for the winter festival?

stronghold cleric wisdom
    on live = +10% stronghold influence
    on test = 300 combined rating, nothing about increasing influence
    why is the main reason for buying the cleric (increased stronghold influence) not mentioned?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Can we get companion damage boost and player damage boost listed under BOOSTS in the character stats window?
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Bug report:
    -Hawk's instincts (hawk pet) give 7,5% crit sev and 7,5% crit chance in mythic.
    -Cryptic insight (laughing skull pet) says in the tooltip "Total Damage" but it give defense.
    -Scarecrow's presence (wandering scarecrow pet) says in the tooltip "Total Damage" but it give defense.
    -Wayward wizard's wisdom (halfing wayward wizard pet) says in the tootltip 300 combined rating in mythic and should be 750, and give 0 combined rating when equip this power.

possible bug/question:
    -batiri's wisdom: is intentional the 11% damage versus bosses?
    -raptor's instincts (tamed velociraptor pet): give 3.8% power and stack up 5 time, this mean 19% with 5 stacks, is it intentional?.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Fire Archon tooltip says 7.5% combat advantage, but gives crit severity
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2020

The Tutor Companion (from the Acquisitions Inc. Expedition pack) does not provide any bonus Combat Advantage bonus when you get a party of 5 players.

The Wild Hunt Rider does not work at all. When attacking, there's no bonus damage, no proc, no popup, nothing that shows up in the buff bar, and no increase to player CA bonus.

The Angel of Protection says it reduces the player's incoming damage by 5% (ie, same as getting 5% Defense in the percentage category), but it actually just grants 5000 Defense.

• sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Some companions gives us bonus currency of the campaign which is really helpful to get more currency with the fact of the that is being not showing on tooltip how can we get bonus currency ?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Error in tool tip: Siege Master 11% bonus damage for at - will in all rank.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Possible bug with alchemist experimenter: unable to slot it in offense/defense/utility slot. Have the companion at mythic and cannot slot it anywhere.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Bug: Panther's Instincts gives only 300 combined ratings on mythic quality.

Bug: Sylph's Instinct gives only 300 combined ratings on mythic quality.

I don't know what the ratings for lower qualities are in the mentioned cases.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2020

earth archon bug: do not increase the defence by 7,5%. tested for 3 minutes it has 10% chance,

edit : i tested all archons non of them provide their bonuses after the latest patch.
  • anxoneteanxonete Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can't upgrade my Cambion Magus and Cantankerous Mage no show in companion roster...
    https://gyazo.com/23c1fab3b260ccd702987fc1fca025d1
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Common type companions are not displayed in Companions tab. My Skyblaze Kobold can t be found here.
  • boby195boby195 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Owlbear cub doesn't add the stats and for many augments the tooltip of the 3 bonus stats don't appear, but the stats are added.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Hunting Hawk
    seems to have some problems. Tooltip says "Damage bonus increases as the range increases. Maximum of % at 80 feat"

Damage boost only works on at-wills, and semms that's not really affected by range.
    also the damage increase is of like 50%, while in live is about 5% (don't know if this is intended or not)

Book Imp
    In live it give Accuracy and Combat Advantage, instead in preview gives Accuracy and Control Resistance.
    Post edited by synyster3006 on
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    anxonete said:

Can't upgrade my Cambion Magus and Cantankerous Mage no show in companion roster...

Do you display "All" or "Favorites Only"?
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • anxoneteanxonete Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    brewald said:

anxonete said:

Do you display "All" or "Favorites Only"?
    Yes, show "All"
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    theres an issue with an augment not listed so far as being a known issue, the Star of Simril....its powers are completely blank, it doesnt even say 'augment'...with the winter festival arriving soon, and it being one of the claimable items i think this needs to be addressed asap