test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Bigger Discussion/ No Delete Thread

While the other threads are meant to stay lean so that the feedback can be easily seen/heard. This thread is for posting thoughts/concerns/complaints/etc. that you don't want to be deleted. Posts in this thread will only be removed if they break the standard forum guidelines.

Please use this thread for bigger/longer posts or posts that aren't direct feedback for one of the specific topics.

Comments

• eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    What I saw today was a huge nerf. On live, I was nowhere near the top before, but I could survive most adventure zones, was completed or nearly completed with most campaigns, and building up my roster of companions and mounts. I was a solid healer, and with an average group I could keep us all alive in Epic Dungeons and Trials. I didn't have max Bondings or bolster, but a decent 27000 IL Cleric got through most of the game as designed.

On Preview, a completely different character. Sure, my TIL looks bigger, but I hit for less, I heal for less, I get killed faster, and in my DPS loadout for soloing stuff all takes 5 times longer. Some things in areas that used to be hard but doable, like Avernus, now 1 shot me. It doesn't seem to matter what companion I use at the moment, they all do very little except slightly bump my stat cap, which is still too low and I keep going over.

Unless the companions are so badly broken that this will change drastically before live, I won't stay. Maybe take a hint from your Roommates on the STO side and see how they handle class balance and content scaling, especially difficulty settings. They're still doing well. I'll be going back over there for sure.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

In my opinion, change was needed.

Well, that's the main problem. The change was not needed, at least not in this direction. What's the point of stuff like CDP? What's the point of the forum? What's the point of communication? What's the point of anything like that if players are basically neglected and changes implemented so that newbies don't wonder what's the point of a stat like Item Level/Gear Score.

These changes should be talked, over and over again, and not just forced without any consideration. Developers do not play this game as much as players do, that's a fact. And developers would do just fine if instead they start listening instead of constantly pushing the changes that make no sense.

The changes with the overall system already happened with M16, and this right now is YET AGAIN a pretty huge change that is efficiently making people to YET AGAIN go all over the M16 rebalancing. And for M16 head came to apologize publicly on the forums. So, an obvious mistake was made, a lot of people left the game, and now we're repeating the same mistake over again for no reason? I mean, c'mon!

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind why changes were needed, because this is basically further crippling the already broken system. I don't think you can find a single solitary reason for the upcoming changes and why they are important.

"More diverse gameplay" - doesn't exist, you will have to go for one stat and stick with that stat just to deal 10% of damage you used to deal back when you had all stats capped properly.

Let's point to some facts:

- We are effectively weaker in all sense. Your statement that we're same as before is just untrue, factually untrue.
    - We have to grind a lot more to get to the point where we can be as 10% as effective as we were prior to this. We're talking 5 Companions @ mythic level, or 5x 3750 Companion Tokens, or 25x1.500.000AD. And even at that you won't feel any stronger since you are nerfed to the ground in the start.
    - Companions are all nerfed. Augment & Combat. Extremely nerfed, in fact.
    - All enchantments are nerfed. Severely. You can't really get all stats anymore, which puts us back 15+ mods at least. And I know you are rather vocal when arguing old content as in "That's obsolete". Well, you get an obsolete system yet again, the Crit Capping meta.
    - Bonding Runestones, which were the cornerstone of the game even before M16, are gone. For no reason other than making people buy/invest more in whatever else wasn't meta.
    - Changes right now are slapping M16 hard, making us to wonder why was M16 needed in that case and how are we going to recover from it? Or from this system to begin with? And after three mods, will we get yet another system overhaul?
    - I don't remember these System Changes in any of the misleading "route to M20 roadmaps". Given how poorly M16 was done, you'd think that Cryptic did learn from their past mistake and actually will ease in the players with the new changes, but obviously no.
    - Almost all pet powers have been nerfed, and some have been boosted even though our overall damage has been reduced, so you won't even feel it, really. It is just there to look good on the paper, but in action it's an overall nerf.
    - I was able to hit for 1.5 mil dmg Disintegrate on Live today, and right now I hit for barely 300k on Preview. I leave you to math it out how much of a nerf that is. And, yes, that's with full Assassin's R15s, capped everything to about 70-80% via mythic companion powers. I could potentially hit more, but nowhere near the amount I used to deal.

You say to WAIT AND SEE, do you have any idea how much I've been doing that in the past half a decade? How much have others invested in this game in the past year? And all of that just to go into thin air?
    There's nothing anymore to see here, really, and defending this to any extent is insincere and awful.
    I just can't believe that there is a person defending these abrupt & tremendous changes to the system, which are only useful to the company itself rather than the playerbase.
    People were finally settling in and getting their builds to something reasonable, and then all of that nerfed. We all know it's all about $$$ behind the changes, so let's not pretend that there is something constructive or beneficial to the players behind all of this.

Did anyone ask for this? Yeah, I remember people stating "We don't want Armor penetration and we'd like to see Critical Severity as a separate stat". I also remember when people were saying "Recovery is useless, we want it gone, and please increase our encounter cooldowns by 5.000%, thanks".

Good convo.

So, no, I disagree with you. Having an opinion is one thing, but what you're doing is basically defending this model of business in the game which damages its playerbase for the sake of extra $$$ and doesn't even fix bugs and broken things to begin with. We just move to more broken things without ever looking back. An entire year passed without a single update to Wizard, and with the recent changes it just tells me that it's a time to leave the game yet again because these guys never learn.
    Bring the convo over so we aren't taking away from the feedback thread.

I am not defending anything. I am saying that people are making up opinions too fast and often times using false data. STOP putting words in my mouth or making me out to something I am not. I have yet to give my actual opinion of if I like the changes or not. I am testing it, getting used to it, giving this the good old try before forming an opinion.

Now as for your list of facts.
    -How are we weaker than before? Yes the numbers are smaller, but so are the HP pools. The killing time is about the same from what I have seen. Mobs can still be one shot in Avernus, including the Pit fiends.
    -The second I hopped onto live, power was capped, most other stats were at 50%. Where is the nerf? What is needed to get back to where I was before...from my experience nothing was lost. Again smaller numbers yes, but same results as the live server. When you do spend those AD and tokens, you should end up stronger by that logic.
    -Yes we are no longer gaining as much stats from companions as we were before...but honestly, isn't that a good thing? Why should more than half our stats come from companions like they do on live? I do agree that the combat damage does need to be buffed, but hey, that's why it's in preview to give feedback on.
    -Enchantments are doing two things to our stats atm, the Item level ratings is going up, adding to our TiL, meaning all enchantments and anything else that gives iL is giving us more damage and HP directly. Not to mention the CR adding to all the stats, and finally the +300 stat part is added. Not capping all stats actually adds more choice to the game which people have been asking for.
    -They have stated the reason why bonding runestones were removed, you just choose to think there is no reason.
    -This is not as big a rework as M16 was, this is just their tweaks to that system after hearing feedback from the players. There are several long forum threads with feedback in the CDP section, get involved there if you aren't liking the changes.
    -I'm just as surprised as you with all the changes, but that doesn't mean you can't look back and see all the pieces either in the CDP threads or their stated goals. Keep in mind that most of these changes was to make scaling a better system.
    -For all we know, this could be a bug. Report it like devs have asked us to, or wait for confirmation on if it is intended or not, this is preview after all.
    - Did you bother to see if the mobs have had a similar reduction to HP? A number without reference means nothing. If they half the damage but cut monster health by 1/4th, there are people who would call that a nerf when in actuality it is a buff. Stats will have to move around since you are not built for the new system, that is bound to happen. Did you even have the same buffs/debuffs up?

You really can't judge something at face value with as extensive of changes as we are seeing. You really have to dive in and look at all the numbers.

Keep in mind that I have yet to actually form an opinion on this system, I am not defending it. All I am saying is that it is too early to tell what the overall effect it. But from what I have read so far, it seems you are not understanding the changes, or are too biased from being a victim in your eyes. I'm not saying to "wait and see", I saying to dive in and see what fits. Try it out before passing judgement. Spend time with it to gain a better understanding.

M16 was largely disliked and apologized for because of the harsh scaling, not the stat reworks. People loathed the scaling so much. People understood why lifesteal and recovery were toxic for the game. It was the scaling that needed the attention. They did some patch work fixing here and there and this is the result they have come to. It's now our time to provide feedback and see if they will listen or not. So far, the scaling feedback is rather positive, there are some needed adjustments that have been pointed out and we've already gotten word that they are looking into fixing it.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Do these changes change the heal formula?

After a lot of speculation, the heal formula was finally confirmed some time back, and many of us who heal, and have been frustrated, but stuck through with the big changes that have happened since mod 16 (and then the heal changes with mod 19). I think I can speak for almost all of us, would like some clear advice as to how these hard caps/"Excess rating points have no effect".

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Please do go ahead with the Radiant Enchantment exchange - with HP now based on TIL and Power so easy to cap, Radiants will become redundant.

Secondly, has any thought been given to Stronghold offensive boons? With power becoming almost redundant and removing Armor Penetration, the most popular offensive SH Boons have become about as useful as the Healing Potions boost.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @armadeonx add there empowered runestone. That stuff has no purpose now.
    BTW: I tried hard to get rid of it, but my assassin has reached that +40% damage (on top of power) even without companions and technically anything dedicated to that aspect. Most of the companions I had in slots are now doing nothing - and I doubt we will get "companion" exchange.

The companion change for me means every companion I invested in is absolutely pointless now. Similar with gear - if you have one piece that gives you +5k power, you are already all set. If you have more than one, you do not need any other source of power. To sum it up, this change completely resets equipment, enchantment/runestones and companions. And most likely you will now use a different mount as well. There is no stone left unturned.

It is kinda dangerous move - it swiftly rids you of that feeling "but it took me so long to get here" (as all your investments suddenly mean nothing) and you stand in the perspective of a brand new player.
  • onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    @noworries#8859, I am interested in the question, what will happen to the Wizards and what will this update give? What will happen to the Thaumaturge's mechanic? Will only 1 build remain viable for the Arcanist? Will wizards finally be able to keep up with other dps classes or maybe will their control be more in demand now? For some reason, I still cannot log in the test server to look around myself, but I hope that at least one of the questions will be answered.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Realize it. They do not compensate everything. The main purpose of "improvements" are made to earn new $$$. Official stated as "make the game better".
    If they truly would make the game better AND do what players want - ofcourse in this case they would compensate. Get over it.

@noworries#8859
    In an interview you said you want look into paladin. I thought you want to buff the paladin, not gimp the paladin.

I do not see any reason to play a tank in this shape of the game. There is only low difference in Hitpoints. From what I have seen I could better off as a tank playing dreadnought or blademaster. Viable tanky DPS with much higher damage output. The tank still doing bad at damage compared to HDPS but there is only little difference in defence. To play a tank only for Aggro purposes, no thanks. I think it is better now to split the aggro and share damage within the group. Only reason to play a tank is Zariel/TOMM? And this is no fun at all. To play the meatball.

Tank from 40% HP Boost to 20% HP Boost is a nerf.
    A Healer from 0% HP Boost to 10% HP Boost is a buff.

Will I be able to tank as Oathkeeper? Why not. Why is Aggro management seen as a hidden stat. It does not provide any fun, it only makes the enemy attacking me. The Oathkeeper would be the much better tank now. Nearly as tanky. But with huge heal.

Meta M20:
    DPS - Damage
    Heal - Heal
    Tank - Aggro??????

What happens now if we skip aggro.

Meta M20:
    DPS - Damage
    Heal - Heal/Tank???????

or Meta M20:
    1. Week: Everything normal, people watch changes.
    2. Week: Need 5 minutes more waiting time for Random queues. Playerbase drop.
    3. Week: Need another 5 minutes more waiting time for Random queues. Playerbase drop.
    4. Week: Game is dead.
    %damage equipment/pets/etc is going to be BIS.

Already looking at what %damage stuff I can get, even older equipment/lower IL equipment, because... well... the equipment that gives stacks of power or bonus power are next to useless (unless you're undercapped on power)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Healer role gains extra 10% damage

As a healer, I appreciate this gesture. But... do we really need this over tanks? and do we need the extra 10% Hit Points over DPS?

On live, DPS take agro before healers, I expect that this should be the same on preview (unless the agro formula has changed), DPS should be needing the extra HP for the rare cases when they take agro.

The majority of tanks I run with use Damage as a method of maintaining agro (along with the tanky agro abilities), I know that this isn't a common or popular method, but it is going to make it more difficult for paladins to level up or run content on their own.

Is there a reason why both Healer AND Tank can't get the extra 10% damage, and both Healer and DPS can't get the extra HP?

If you want to give healers something to compensate, then we wont say no to another 10% Outgoing Healing ;)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
  • dazdranagon88#4986 dazdranagon88 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Hello. Given that the new combat system takes longer to complete dungeons and challenges, it would be nice to increase the chance of getting epic rewards from chests. Otherwise, even ordinary companions and horses will become rare, and their price will increase several times.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've seen a number of comments about tanks - especially pally tanks and I have to agree with a lot of them. I took a break for a couple of mods and only came back recently.

The new boon system and character overhaul was quite a shock - as was seeing that most pally tanks switched to the healer role. On mine, I was surprised by the new divinity mechanic as well as a drop in damage output due to changes to powers and recovery. The huge reduction in group-wide bonuses from Pally auras has also made them hardly worth it (2% add to crit chance? For DPS players who are already specced to max crit? aura of wrath dealing 10% of base weapon damage..?)

I've so far got my OP to 28k, with 130k power, full Arp and 90k crit but still have trouble holding aggro against high-powered dps players and usually score about 20% of the highest person on paingiver - I have no idea why a base 20% drop to Pally dps is even necessary in that case.

Maybe this new system will correct some of this? Dealing 20% less damage that the DPS players is fine with me but 80% less is pretty excessive (imo) so hopefully some testing has been done..? When solo random queueing on my pally tank I usually get the bonus now (for class-in-demand), which if most pallys are running heals now is not a surprise.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Maybe this new system will correct some of this? Dealing 20% less damage that the DPS players is fine with me but 80% less is pretty excessive (imo) so hopefully some testing has been done..? When solo random queueing on my pally tank I usually get the bonus now (for class-in-demand), which if most pallys are running heals now is not a surprise.

I am a really heavy hitting paladin. Maximizing like a DPS. I gone over this. It is a disaster. After every past change they destroyed something cause less damage. When Chicken got released we had a compensation. Now Chicken is destroyed and everything I did doing damage got destroyed aswell. There are 0 synergies left. Everything destroyed. All left is cap stats, cap offensive and then you are down with higher cooldowns and lower magnitudes. It's in easy words. Game Over. After the healing possibility got destroyed with nerf of Shield of Faith. It is only down to one future I was telling months before it will be a fault. Paper Rock Scissors. You will maximize now only defensive stats. Because your hitpoints is no big of a difference. If you want now anything useful as a tank. You maximize defensive stats, get aggro and get rid of any source of damage. Again. It is game over.
    The young dev team will make experiences how to destroy a game.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

So, i spent 2 hours writing an "essay" on general discussion on many things related but not limited to the "combat rework" because i didnt see anywhere in there that said those posts will be removed. And it got removed.

How was i supposed to know that it would be removed?

What am i supposed to do now? Spend another 2 hours writing it again here? Or just suck it up and never say my opinion.

Its a bad move to only say here that you will be deleting posts all over the place. And now me and many others have spent time from our lives for nothing.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    All the %damage conditional items like Ebony Stained shirt (items that give %damage under certain conditions) are under the 90% cap of damage? or there are sources like this items that are out of that so you can get more than 90% in certain conditions?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    rikitaki said:

Empowered Runestones give HP to both augment and fighting companions now and that HP transfers to your character 100%.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859

This thread is on the Preview side of the forums. My thread was in General Discussion and i post it there for specific reasons. And the fact is, if no one come on this part of the boards, there is no way of him knowing that you will delete everything.

Either mention in every part of the board that you will delete them or dont delete them and communicate with the person so that it can be moved here.

You deleted my thread which i spent a lot of my time to write and a lot of time to test things. Same is probably the case with many others.

And i understand that you want to keep the boards clean, but this is messed up. Thats a bad move.

You want feedback. Here is my feedback: The way you handle threads related to those changes is bad and it makes people angrier.

Spent 2 hours for nothing. thanks.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    melechest said:

@noworries#8859

This thread is on the Preview side of the forums. My thread was in General Discussion and i post it there for specific reasons. And the fact is, if no one come on this part of the boards, there is no way of him knowing that you will delete everything.

Either mention in every part of the board that you will delete them or dont delete them and communicate with the person so that it can be moved here.

You deleted my thread which i spent a lot of my time to write and a lot of time to test things. Same is probably the case with many others.

And i understand that you want to keep the boards clean, but this is messed up. Thats a bad move.

You want feedback. Here is my feedback: The way you handle threads related to those changes is bad and it makes people angrier.

Spent 2 hours for nothing. thanks.

I thought you were referring to a post in one of these threads, which is where I've been personally deleting post that were off topic or not constructive. If you had a post you made deleted in some other area of the forums that is something different that I don't know about and doesn't relate to what this thread was calling out as a place for non-deletion posts.

Sorry for the confusion there.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited December 2020

rikitaki said:

Empowered Runestones give HP to both augment and fighting companions now and that HP transfers to your character 100%.
    OK, sorry for the wrong terminology. That stuff has no purpose for the people that own them in large quantities atm. The same like with radiants and for example brutality insignias. It does something, sure - but not something desirable.

But don't take me wrong - this rework gives some footing for (probably) all kinds of enchants and runestones, just up till now it was all radiants and empowered and that is what people have - that is the problem. On preview I swapped what I had (r14 black ice + empowered) for r15 crit/accuracy, got myself 5 mythic companion bolster + comp acb and that made the gameplay in Avernus feel roughly the same as on live server atm. 3 bonding runestones trade-in would not compensate me enough even for making those mythic companions... If you suggest that tanks will soak up all the empowered runestones that tanks, healers and dps classes are about to release, I do not share your optimism.
  • anjinsto#5741 anjinsto Member Posts: 1 New User
    I will make it short and sweet, I am new to this game (several months in) and tried my best to catch up with the main crowd. Now that I am finally there and getting comfortable with the game, you announce this new mod. Coming from your sister game Star Trek Online where I run the largest group of Armadas there (Alliances equivalent in NW); the last time they pulled something like this they lost their biggest chunk of highly dedicated players and never recovered...Even hardcore Star trek fans. If you want the same to happen here, go ahead with this mod. From the 2 days I watched several steams of people testing their builds and barely even being able to clear a Minor Heroic in Avernus, this is not the gameplay I have come to love from this game. Simply put, you can do all the fine tuning you want, once this mod releases, most players I know will move on to another game. Good luck !
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Here are some of my thoughts after a very agitated sleepless night.

1. I like the Forte stat, a lot even, with one major exception: I don't want to be pigeonholed. I don't like it and neither do the pigeons. I want to be able to choose at least one of those three stats. I want my wizard to be able to run to Candlekeep, or the Arcane School of Mastery, or to some bedraggled Sensei sitting on a mountaintop and be able to specialize in whatever she wants. If she wants to learn to control enemies better than your average Thaumaturge that should be her choice. If my ranger wants to trek up to the Many-Arrows kingdom, learn their ways, and have them teach her how to absorb more damage, and if she can stand their cuisine and body odor, so be it. Specialization has always been an important aspect to roleplaying games in general and in D&D in particular. Stop trying to shove me into a particular pigeon hole. The pigeon is getting angry.

2. We should be allowed to maintain the percentage effectiveness of stats that we care about. I'm not asking to be able to cap all stats. I *am* saying that if we care about a particular stat we should be able to chase it. I can't chase Control Bonus. There are a limited number of items that grant it and I have all of them. Upgrading gear will inevitably degrade this percentage and there is no means to reverse the damage. If an item fails to upgrade a particular stat (and if this item doesn't have Combined Rating), it will cause any stats it fails to upgrade to lose effective percentage. I've detailed an example of the calculation on the Stats thread. Give me an enchantment, runestone, or piece of gear that I can wear that will let me maintain it. A stat that we cannot maintain has no reason to be made public.

3. It is not lost on me that *CC-build* wizards are getting an effective nerf. I point specifically to the change to Insignia of Mastery and to the Sphere of Black ice. I find it amusing that the stated maximum percentage for a stat is 90%, when the actual theoretical maximum for Control Bonus after these changes will be about 77%. This assumes using the Sphere of Black Ice, legendary Insignia of Mastery in all fifteen slots, the Valindra set, upgrading the INT stat every ten levels, a mythic Control Bonus collar, and all four Control Bonus boons. This is the sum total of all Control Bonus options in the entire game. At any rate, I've become convinced that CC builds are being slowly phased out. We are certainly not being treated like any other build and haven't for a long time. I point specifically to losing our paragon path and to having our base Control Bonus sliced in half when Mod 16 launched. I would like clarification from the devs on current and future plans for Control Wizards.

4. I like the boon changes. Honestly, it's a no-brainer. Their effective value would decrease over time if they were mere stat values as opposed to percentages, simply due to players' TIL increasing with upgrades. Conversely, because the same is not being done with respect to enchantments, runestones, and insignias, there *will* be a problem with all of those having less and less effective value as TIL increases with time. That is, unless you plan to make us upgrade them beyond their current maximums. I have seen this movie before so forgive me if I'm becoming cynical.

5. I'm glad you are getting rid of Bonding runestones. They should never have been created in the first place and I've been saying that to our alliance members for years. You probably suspect my thoughts on why they were given birth. Let us not make this mistake again, please. They caused great harm to the game.

6. I've destroyed more stacks of companion training treatises than I care to admit. Good riddance.

7. I'm still skeptical as to why these combat changes are necessary. It seems to me that the game today should be able to display the enemy ratings on the map. It has that information. It also seems to me that mousing over a destination circle on the regional map should be able to display the enemy ratings at that location. It should have that information as well. Given this, I see no technical reason why the client, as it exists today, couldn't calculate our effective percentages on the fly and display them in the UI. It knows the enemy ratings which should be all it needs. Even if there are portions of a map that has enemies with one set of ratings in one location and enemies with different ratings in another location, the client should be able to handle that based on where we are standing. It can already differentiate between different portions of the same map, e.g. PvP areas in Icewind Dale. There's no reason why it can't know about enemy ratings in part of a map just like it can know about things like PvP area, lighting, etc.

8. If enemies will no longer display their level, what indicators do we have regarding whether we can take a particular critter on? Will it turn yellow? Will it turn red? I recall in my EQ days something like, "Goblin glares at you threateningly. What do you wish your tombstone to say?" Today the color of the level number is our indicator. What will be our indicator going forward?

9. I don't like that we have to scroll our stat list up to see our hit points. HP is a critical stat. I understand that you're trying to get more real estate for the list but I think the solution isn't a good one.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mzreaper#7914 mzreaper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    i ll just write about my personal experience here. I was one of those that left on mod16. I supported some of the necessary changes at first by my buff gf was killed, buff dc as well, gwf no longer felt like a gwf and would take dozens of millions of AD to just fix my character. Guild started to empty out, alliance was dead, queues took forever, i left. Came back just 2 weeks ago, game seemed in a great place, i was having fun and i was making good progress. And now this. Again, i like some of the changes in theory, having more stat choices, better scalling and potentially more build options. But you are implementing horribly again. All of my companions will need to be changed, all enchantments, runestones and insignias as well. Most of my mounts too. I can tell you right now that i wont be grinding for months just to fix my character, as things stand i wont be here to see mod20 go live, because whats the point? When you are playing an mmo you want to make progress on your character, not just spend your time fixing a mess someone else caused. Well, thats my two cents, i really hope you can find a way of implementing this changes well, but dont really expect anything to be done about it because we all know the reason for most of these changes and because, you know, previous experiences.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User

While the other threads are meant to stay lean so that the feedback can be easily seen/heard. This thread is for posting thoughts/concerns/complaints/etc. that you don't want to be deleted. Posts in this thread will only be removed if they break the standard forum guidelines.

Please use this thread for bigger/longer posts or posts that aren't direct feedback for one of the specific topics.

@noworries#8859
    Could you provide a link for us to see those standard forum guidelines? People have become very upset finding their posts deleted. I understand wanting threads to stay on topic, that's fair.

I'm very concerned for the game right now. I've sent Chris a letter through these forums and I hope he reads it. Right now millions and millions of our AD is being thrown out the window with the power changes. I'm 17k over cap right now on my main (pally healer) on preview. Radiants, Empowered Runestones, power insignia's, companions that give power boosts be it flat or %, and not to mention armor that we've all farmed for a very long time and worked hard to acquire. All of our years of hard work, including adjusting to the Mod 16 fiasco is all being tossed right out the window.

I can see making changes, minor tweaks and adjustments, improvements etc... but to completely rewrite the system every couple of mods causes severe stress and strain on the community. The past year has been really good and people have been returning! Right now many players (including myself) feel that the dev team (or whoever is in charge at the top) doesn't care about us at all. What is going to be done about all these power buffs, especially from Zariel/Hunts armor? Most of it's going to be completely worthless in Mod 20. Is anything going to be done to adjust this? Change every piece of armor that gives a power boost or power % boost to something beneficial that will still be in high demand?

We need answers and reassurance right now, and I'm not just speaking for myself here. I convinced a lot of players to tough things out in Mod 16 until you guys fixed it and it took a very long time but things did turn around eventually, too late for many though still. Right now people are complaining in almost every zone over these changes. We don't need to be told to be patient or to calm down or that everything is going to be fine. We need to know that all of our hard work isn't going down the drain. For some people, this game is their lives and when things like this happens, their lives are shattered The result is most of those players leave for other MMOs. I heard from some of my friends in game who said they dropped over $200.00 a piece on the game during Black Friday and right now they feel it was a waste and have said they too may quit the game.

I hope you guys are taking this seriously, more seriously than Mod 16 because the few hard core players who are loyal to the game who stayed in Mod 16 might not stick around this time. Please help by giving us some answers soon. Thanks for listening.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    P.S. from my husband, Romulus Scorpus:
    If you have some ultimate plan, fill us in with what you're replacing this stuff with because the anguish this is causing, is unfair. The way the new stuff shows up on preview is an absolute disaster and I do not know why.