test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give us a way to trade enchants, runestones and insignia for Mod 20

sam551#3407 sam551 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited December 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
With the upcoming changes most of the players had only radiant enchants (since it was bis pre mod 20) empowered runestones or insignia that gives powers.
Now that the powers will be capped, we should get a way to trade our current runestone, enchants or insignia for another runestone, enchants, insignia.
I hope you guys think about the players that bought your coalescent ward in the zen store to upgrade their radiant enchants rank 14 to rank 15, or the player that bough your legendary insignia choice pack from the zen store for powers insignia. They bought that because it was best in slot pre mod 20, they should not be penalized by the mod 20 changes.
Post edited by sam551#3407 on

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    There is currently an exchange vendor in PE on preview that will swap them for you HOWEVER you give it unbound enchants, it retuns BOUND stuff.
  • sam551#3407 sam551 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    We can't exchange our empowered runestones and why not allow us to trade for other enchants like brutal, black ice or gigantic?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    There is currently nothing guaranteeing that there will be any exchange vendor at all at this point. The fact that such a massive change results in them just "willing to consider" and exchange vendor is concerning about their attunement with the game.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Well, so far on preview all of the runestones and enchants have been heavily nerfed. Your rank 15 radiant is 300 power and 150 combined. What is the point of having them?
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The rank 9 radiant gives 135 power on preview, this has players dumping them on the auction today for whatever AD they can get. I don't know what you can trade for them that would be of any value. They removed Armor Penetration and replaced it with Crit. Severity. They replaced Companion Influence on the Dark with Forte which buffs 3 different stats according to which paragon path you chose.

As @oldbaldyone said, ...currently nothing guaranteeing ... at this point. Not even the changes we are currently seeing. They could wait until the last minute and remove some features or add more just prior to release. I believe the general idea is to shake up the game, force players to make vast changes to builds, and hope they will take the quick path of buying more Zen to do so.

I was over in Avernus with my new level 80, no boons, no best in slot, and I was about to die. I drank a health potion and it gave me full health. I seriously doubt they will leave it this way, or they won't be able to sell those Health Stones. I see more "nerfs" yet to come, on that factor alone.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The rank 9 radiant gives 135 power on preview, this has players dumping them on the auction today for whatever AD they can get.

This is not the reason why people sell radiant's. The cap is.

I was over in Avernus with my new level 80, no boons, no best in slot, and I was about to die. I drank a health potion and it gave me full health. I seriously doubt they will leave it this way, or they won't be able to sell those Health Stones. I see more "nerfs" yet to come, on that factor alone.

This is factually wrong. A health potion restores about 70k without boons. A player having around 100k In Avernus will be one shot by good part of the mobs there. Or in anything that's actually worth the time playing.

Cryptic sells enough health stones in the actual group content.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

The rank 9 radiant gives 135 power on preview, this has players dumping them on the auction today for whatever AD they can get.

This is factually wrong. A health potion restores about 70k without boons. A player having around 100k In Avernus will be one shot by good part of the mobs there. Or in anything that's actually worth the time playing.

Health potions have been upgraded. The 60K ones are now 225K HP.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    edited December 2020

micky1p00 said:

Health potions have been upgraded. The 60K ones are now 225K HP.
    Ah if we talk post changes, then I stand corrected, thank you. Though with the common IL of about 45k it will mean 450k HP people without focusing into HP. Less than half on dps, and much less on tanks. I'll wager that health stones will survive.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    micky1p00 said:

Well, i'm a bit confused:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11481153-bonding-runestones-&-companion-changes
    "Runestones and Enchantments will go up in item level, and therefore increase the stats they give, both as compensation for the removal of Bondings and to give them a better ratio to other areas of the game such as equipment and Mount Passives."

so shouldn't the Rank 9 Radiant with currently 1080 Power be giving more on the preview now? Or did they raise the IL from 54 to 135? That would make more sense...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    regenerde said:

micky1p00 said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11481153-bonding-runestones-&-companion-changes
    "Runestones and Enchantments will go up in item level, and therefore increase the stats they give, both as compensation for the removal of Bondings and to give them a better ratio to other areas of the game such as equipment and Mount Passives."

so shouldn't the Rank 9 Radiant with currently 1080 Power be giving more on the preview now? Or did they raise the IL from 54 to 135? That would make more sense...
    The power rating is +135, it is hard to tell what is "increased" because everything is decreased. My wife had me send her screenshots of her character before and after. The Item Level is now what governs your base Health and Damage. She has an item level of 26K and this is multiplied by 10 to give you a base health of 260K unless you are a tank or cleric. Damage is a division of item level and weapons no longer contribute any damage.

Confused? me too!

I took her characters for a ride in Avernus and found the fights not to tough but then she asked me to try the Ballad of Baphomet, the fight is fairly quick for her on Live. The fight dragged on for 3 to 4 minutes and there seemed to be no threat from dying but the fights are tougher on lower level areas. I also notice the enemies no longer display any level. Then I ran a private queue of Cloak Tower and got wasted by the first group of orcs.

I went back to my account, made a fresh character, and the base HP is 50,000 with an item level of 5,000. All stats are 11 and 44%. This was a DPS rogue.
    edited December 2020
    regenerde said:

micky1p00 said:

Combined rating gives stat ratings in 15 stats. And now they have combined rating component.

Radiant 15 on live gives 2400 stats. at 1:20 IL to stats.
    Radiant 15 on preview gives a total of 3000 stats. At 1:15 IL to stats. With a split of 90% combined, and 10% focused in addition to the combined (power in this case - to note combined also has power so 180 + 300).
    You may not like some of them like control, or outgoing healing for dps but it's there.

But still it's not really relevant to the point, since all the enchantments were modified in the same way, how much it gives is not why you would replace it, since all the rest give the same total amount.
    The reason to replace them is because you no longer need the specialized stat, in this case, power. Due to the cap.
  • canuck1canuck1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I would also request that there needs to be an exchange vendor - not a "BOUND TO ACCOUNT EXCHANGE" trade vendor but a fair "NOT BOUND TO ACCOUNT 1 for 1" exchange vendor. It should be for all Enchants, Runestones and Insignia's. Cryptic can change what they want to improve the game in their style and vision but to devalue all the work/time/money we put in by forcing to exchange all the currently non-bound items be bound because of the POWER CAP change is not loyal player friendly. I say force because we all dumped resources into power because that's how Cryptic had the game designed to this point in recent MOD's.
  • broonddbroondd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    micky1p00 said:

Radiant 15 on preview gives a total of 3000 stats. At 1:15 IL to stats. With a split of 90% combined, and 10% focused in addition to the combined (power in this case - to note combined also has power so 180 + 300).
    You may not like some of them like control, or outgoing healing for dps but it's there.

But still it's not really relevant to the point, since all the enchantments were modified in the same way, how much it gives is not why you would replace it, since all the rest give the same total amount.
    The reason to replace them is because you no longer need the specialized stat, in this case, power. Due to the cap.

that's not exactly true,
    yolk gives 13,200 fats
    there is a stone that gives 336 to all the necessary and unnecessary stats in the attack slot (why not 350? why not 330? why 336? is this a rebus? is this to make it easier to calculate what we get through the new Forte to our stats?)

- I used to know exactly what a change of enchants would give me, now everything has become more complicated

edited December 2020
    broondd said:

micky1p00 said:

that's not exactly true,
    yolk gives 13,200 fats
    there is a stone that gives 336 to all the necessary and unnecessary stats in the attack slot (why not 350? why not 330? why 336? is this a rebus? is this to make it easier to calculate what we get through the new Forte to our stats?)

- I used to know exactly what a change of enchants would give me, now everything has become more complicated
    What's the not exactly true part?

Why the split is 1:9 for CR? That's their design choice, that ratio determines how off caps you go when you add a new item. Your IL goes up, your target caps move, so you loose efficiency in all the rest of the stats.
    Without large portion of the stats in CR, it will be more common to slot high IL item in some specific slot but get much less than the desired result due to other stats shifting away from the targets. It will also require much more item gymnastics to get to the stats you want. What option is better or worse, not my pay-grade.

Still the point is, that players getting rid of Radiant's not because they give less power. But because power is capped, and you will overcap it.
  • broonddbroondd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    To my shame, I have great difficulties with the English language, including slang. Please accept my apologies.

I suspect that the Internet translator can't handle the "reverse" translation in item names

1 radiant stone in the defense cell gives 13200 fat + 180 to all parameters

2 a giant stone (and this is an error) in the attack cell gives 336 to all parameters and 0 to all parameters in the defense cell
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User

regenerde said:

micky1p00 said:

The power rating is +135, it is hard to tell what is "increased" because everything is decreased. My wife had me send her screenshots of her character before and after. The Item Level is now what governs your base Health and Damage. She has an item level of 26K and this is multiplied by 10 to give you a base health of 260K unless you are a tank or cleric. Damage is a division of item level and weapons no longer contribute any damage.

Confused? me too!

I took her characters for a ride in Avernus and found the fights not to tough but then she asked me to try the Ballad of Baphomet, the fight is fairly quick for her on Live. The fight dragged on for 3 to 4 minutes and there seemed to be no threat from dying but the fights are tougher on lower level areas. I also notice the enemies no longer display any level. Then I ran a private queue of Cloak Tower and got wasted by the first group of orcs.

I went back to my account, made a fresh character, and the base HP is 50,000 with an item level of 5,000. All stats are 11 and 44%. This was a DPS rogue.
    Its the way the new stat system works as % not a set number, wit the % being set off your own IL level.

So if your IL level is say 100000 you need all your stats to be 100000 to reach the 50% cap you can from stats (the other 40% can be got from boons, companions, mounts etc)

What you are seeing is when you slot a high level enchant, your IL level increases, so all your stats that are not also increased by the enchant you have slotted decrease as a % of your total IL level. And the stats that are on the enchant increase, but not by the amount you expect but by the difference between the individual stat increase and the total IL increase. Its not quite that straight forward as combined ratings mitigates the loss in the other stats slightly and so further reduce the increase you were expecting to see in the stat you slotted it for.

The only stats that dont work like this are HP and damage which run directly off your IL with a base multiplier or division dependent on class.

This has two effects, firstly its impossible to stat cap everything, as by definition, every time you increase one stat, all the others will reduce. So you need to work out which ones you actually need and try and remove all sources for the ones you dont need.

Secondly, it means if a player only has 5000 IL, they only need 5000 in there stats to reach the 50% cap, so in a dungeon aside from damage and and HP (which will be scaled anyway) there is no discernible difference between a player who's spent years building their character, and one who's only been playing a month and has chosen to equip the right companions etc to get the 2nd 40% in in their key stats. Baring in mind even this 2nd 40% acts as % so its easier to reach from a lower IL level.

I personally think its a kick in the teeth for long time players, and want no part of it.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Cryptic seems to have a weird fascination with finding the most ridiculously complicated methods to "re-balance" things. I get that from time to time an MMO needs to shake up it's meta so people don't just reach a max point and sit there. Cryptic used to do this by introducing a new BIS or three, preserving most of your build, and having people use their current build to run through the content to get the new BIS items.

While this does lead to power creep over time, the introduction of new and harder content usually justifies the power creep. And Cryptics idea of scaling the new power levels to older content is a good one to help resolve the effects of creep, they just keep (again) choosing ridiculously poor ways of designing the scaling, and then they code them poorly, resulting in a mess.

At some point Cryptic needs to realize that players will not endlessly re-juggle their gear to satisfy poorly designed changes. And new players don't want to re-juggle their gear setups for every different need.

Ever since Cryptic started doing the "we're going to change how everything works so you can spend money to adjust" type changes a few mods back, my alliance has died down to practically zero activity. My own play has as well.

Hot tip for Cryptic: people don't play MMOs to learn complicated gear balancing schemes. They play for entertainment.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Cryptic seems to have a weird fascination with finding the most ridiculously complicated methods to "re-balance" things. I get that from time to time an MMO needs to shake up it's meta so people don't just reach a max point and sit there. Cryptic used to do this by introducing a new BIS or three, preserving most of your build, and having people use their current build to run through the content to get the new BIS items.

While this does lead to power creep over time, the introduction of new and harder content usually justifies the power creep. And Cryptics idea of scaling the new power levels to older content is a good one to help resolve the effects of creep, they just keep (again) choosing ridiculously poor ways of designing the scaling, and then they code them poorly, resulting in a mess.

At some point Cryptic needs to realize that players will not endlessly re-juggle their gear to satisfy poorly designed changes. And new players don't want to re-juggle their gear setups for every different need.

Ever since Cryptic started doing the "we're going to change how everything works so you can spend money to adjust" type changes a few mods back, my alliance has died down to practically zero activity. My own play has as well.

Hot tip for Cryptic: people don't play MMOs to learn complicated gear balancing schemes. They play for entertainment.

i agree i spent 3 hours on preview yesterday to try and sort my fully stat capped rw to something usable
    i came away brain scrambled and more confused then when i started
    i know this is not going to be the final result
    but when a player like northside gets killed in master of the hunt you know something aint working

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2020

regenerde said:

micky1p00 said:

Confused? me too!

Well, after doing some testing on the Preview with my Dreadnought, i'm really wondering what kind of Cryptic magic here's at work, considering that my IL went up around 6k, but it feels like i rather lost the same amount or more instead? It's just the bloody mount rework HAMSTER all over again...

The character sheet looks like some fracking Excel nightmare, and i can't figure out where that damn increase of stats the Devs promised is hiding, because all i see are decreases everyfrackingwhere.

Btw. anyone still dreaming that regular companions will be useful after this update - forget it - i went through several epic ones from the same category while fighting around in Avernus, and they're not worth summoning, Augments are King of the Hill again, Chicken and probably Xuna are just dead weight, to anyone still having some of them banked, i suggest you better sell them before this update goes live.

And to the ones dreaming that this HAMSTER is just something that will be adjusted based on player feedback before going live - wake up - this is what we'll get, with maybe a few minor tweaks here and there.

Combat still felt more or less the same, it looked like my character was taking more damage, and i had to use the new Health Potions several times.

Anyway, i'm not going to spend time or money into getting my companions or mounts back in shape again on any character anymore, i mean what's the point? The Devs clearly have Zero respect for their players investment into the game...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

There is currently nothing guaranteeing that there will be any exchange vendor at all at this point. The fact that such a massive change results in them just "willing to consider" and exchange vendor is concerning about their attunement with the game.

they already told that will be
  • shynnblue#4857 shynnblue Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    IF the game doesn't give me a way to exchange my radiants and empowereds to something actually useable after the patch, i'm calling it quits. Cryptic might as well do a server wipe and everyone start from level 1 with no gears, that is essentially what the new changes will do, render most of our hard earned gears useless so we have to spend money to buy them back again with massive amounts of zen or spend massive amount of time.

Despicable.

And not only will I call it quits on the game, I WILL CHARGEBACK all the money I have spent on the game and have my account deleted so I can spend the money on a new game handled by a company that I can actually trust, and my group of friends will do the same.
    There are so many good choices of mmo these days so this will be the very last chance i'm giving this game. If after the patch, most of my previous effort and money are going down the drain then me and my friends are out, for good.

Unfortunately they haven't really. The only exchange that is confirmed is for bonding runestones, but that's a drop in the ocean compared to what you will need to change to re balance.

They have said an exchange for Radiant enchants is not off the table, but is currently not planned for when the changes go live. Im lead to believe that empowered enchants fall under the same potential consideration, and possibly other enchantments that offer power like brutals.

There has been absolutely no acknowledgment to date that players will also need to swap out Dominant and Brutal insignia, any insignia that provides control, any insignia or gear or enchants that provides stats your class doesn't need (You need to min max stats, any gear with stats that you don't need will count towards your % of IL so by definition will reduce the % of stats vs IL you have that you do need - so having boots that contribute defence and awareness for example will reduce your accuracy, combat advantage, crit etc) companions that provide power, mounts that provide power or hit points given stalwart has been nerfed into the ground and guild boons that provide power.

They just assume you will suck all that up, and buy or grind your way to a whole new set of gear with zero compensation. If you enjoy the game enough to do that, good luck to you.
  • sam551#3407 sam551 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    -
    Post edited by sam551#3407 on
    benyr said:

Unfortunately they haven't really. The only exchange that is confirmed is for bonding runestones, but that's a drop in the ocean compared to what you will need to change to re balance.

They have said an exchange for Radiant enchants is not off the table, but is currently not planned for when the changes go live. Im lead to believe that empowered enchants fall under the same potential consideration, and possibly other enchantments that offer power like brutals.

There has been absolutely no acknowledgment to date that players will also need to swap out Dominant and Brutal insignia, any insignia that provides control, any insignia or gear or enchants that provides stats your class doesn't need (You need to min max stats, any gear with stats that you don't need will count towards your % of IL so by definition will reduce the % of stats vs IL you have that you do need - so having boots that contribute defence and awareness for example will reduce your accuracy, combat advantage, crit etc) companions that provide power, mounts that provide power or hit points given stalwart has been nerfed into the ground and guild boons that provide power.

They just assume you will suck all that up, and buy or grind your way to a whole new set of gear with zero compensation. If you enjoy the game enough to do that, good luck to you.
    And all that is before you get to gear that increases stats.

You've spent the last 18 months grinding to get a vorpal enchantment? No use now your crit sev cant go above its 90% cap.

You've spent the last year farming ME's or hunts to get the chest piece with butcher might? No use now power has a hard cap.

Spent months farming TIC or Avernus for the gloves that increase power in stacks? Again no use now as you run into the same hard cap.

You get the picture, new meta is likely to be based around enemy debuffs and possibly damage % increases, although the last isnt clear yet whether the cap on damage based on your IL is capped by scaling or not.
  • canuck1canuck1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    It would be nice of a Dev to come on and speak about this. I have been on preview on 2 of my mains and it has required multiple exchanges of my enchants, runestones and insignias as well as the 5 mythic companions to play the game similar to before. If there are no ways to exchange what we worked our asses of for OR paid for based on the previous MODS requirements then this is a huge money grab and slap in the face. Again - I don't mind change - go for a better game by all means but don't throw out everything we worked hard to get - 1 for 1 non-bound items exchange vendor for a short time after launch is the solution to our concerns. Thank you.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    canuck1 said:

It would be nice of a Dev to come on and speak about this. I have been on preview on 2 of my mains and it has required multiple exchanges of my enchants, runestones and insignias as well as the 5 mythic companions to play the game similar to before. If there are no ways to exchange what we worked our asses of for OR paid for based on the previous MODS requirements then this is a huge money grab and slap in the face. Again - I don't mind change - go for a better game by all means but don't throw out everything we worked hard to get - 1 for 1 non-bound items exchange vendor for a short time after launch is the solution to our concerns. Thank you.

noworries has already gave us his comments on this. This is the current message that is posted, his original reply wasn't this formal. The original reply was along the lines of go try it out before getting hung up on exchange vendors. That and my reply have been purged from the thread.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258799/official-combat-changes-stats/p1

A radiant exchange isn't off the table. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there is a lot to take in and a lot to work with seeing how a character feels/gets setup now. So before committing to that exchange I would like to wait a few days as everyone gets a handle on the changes.

A radiant exchange would be a perfectly fine option if people still feel they want to get rid of a lot of radiants after they've tried out some builds.
  • shynnblue#4857 shynnblue Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    what about empowered runestone exchange. there's absolutely no way a build will need that many empowered runestones + radiants like we currently do once there is a power cap, considering diminishing returns and that other stats needs to be boosted too.