test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Bugs/Issues with Player Powers

This is a thread to discuss any bugs/issues with player powers in the new combat system. This isn't to discuss overall class/paragon specific balance to each other.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Crescendo seemed to have its damage reduced to 1200 mag (down from 1600) , even though it was supposed to be increased with this patch.

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I'm noticing that features and class feats which do magnitude damage are showing the same between live version and preview. Is this just a tooltip error?
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

I'm noticing that features and class feats which do magnitude damage are showing the same between live version and preview. Is this just a tooltip error?

Only player at-wills, encounters, and daily powers were boosted.
  • jdough424jdough424 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Fighter skill Anvil of Doom has lost that satisfying 'BONG!' sound. Please fix. Thank you!
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Changing maps often resets encounter, at-will, and daily powers to a default. Despite checking loadouts several times, it will still happen.

My Cleric has had this happen on an Arbiter loadout and a Devout loadout, and my wife's Paladin has had her Justicar loadout also mess up.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Changing maps often resets encounter, at-will, and daily powers to a default. Despite checking loadouts several times, it will still happen.

My Cleric has had this happen on an Arbiter loadout and a Devout loadout, and my wife's Paladin has had her Justicar loadout also mess up.

I think that is because they didn't get a proper respec and the game is trying to fix them on map load. I have a forced respec coming in a future build, hopefully that solves it.
    rjc9000 said:

Crescendo seemed to have its damage reduced to 1200 mag (down from 1600) , even though it was supposed to be increased with this patch.

fixed for a future build
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Soulweaver's healing abilities are very weak with balance rework (COMBAT CHANGES i mean). Low magnitudes of Revitalize and Soul Storm combined with a lack of outgoing healing and halving of critical severity give us ridiculous values in the ToMM and Zariel (Master) of 90-100k (it's crit) meaning of healing (previously 200-300k). Only Tab works fine.
    And we still have no buffs for healing at-will powers (Infernal Barrier, for example) in the right-hand weapon (we are offered to strengthen at-will powers cut back in M19).
    Pls, do something. Raise the magnitudes. Repair the right-hand's buffs.

Sorry for my English.
    SW from Drider.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Cleric Devout - Healer mark.

When I mark myself, it is not visible. - The mark IS visible on live. My Interface/HUD settings are the SAME on preview as they are on live, and are as such:

Yourself:
    Show your name: Never
    Show your life: Never

Party Members
    Show party name: Always
    Show party life: Always

-----------------

When I change either of these self settings to Always, the mark becomes visible. When I change this back to Never, the mark stays visible, and when I mark someone else, and then mark myself again, the mark is visible.

-----------------

I have Other Players set to Always for both, and the mark shows up as intended. Even when I change those to Never, it still shows up. (I logged out and logged back in after changing to Never to confirm this).

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • kushdu#9101 kushdu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Ranger encounter Hindering strike is bugged for a long time, in live sometimes it fails and do no damage at all, is random and happens about 10% of the times. But now in preview server looks like fail a lot more, like 50% of the times. I tested it fighting in avernus zone in both cases. Tested in different PCs, reinstalling the game, with various sets of equipment and powers and feats.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I originally posted this in the PC Player Feedback section but this seems the most appropriate place to post this.

I know that things are still subject to change, so I'm providing info that I believe should be addressed.

When the Warlock tries to self-buff they can do this in two ways: Soul Investiture and Soul Sparks.

Soul Investiture is stacked on the Soul Puppet; in ToMM, Zariel etc the puppet quite often dies resulting in a big DPS reduction for the Warlock. I believe that Soul Investiture should stack on the Warlock and not the Soul Puppet. I'm sure you can find another use for the Soul Puppet, such as providing a soul spark to the Warlock when the Soul Puppet attacks, or reducing enemy outgoing damage when near the puppet. There are many options available, stacking Soul Investiture on the puppet and not the Warlock (which the player cannot control) is a player frustration that they cannot resolve.

Soul Sparks are gained in various ways and can take a little while to accrue. Some of the ways that we can accrue them are:

* performing a critical hit
    * gaining 1 spark for every enemy hit with Eldritch Blast
    * gaining 1 spark for every dark spiral used

There are other ways. I mention these three specifically as this is dependant on the class mechanic "Hellfire Expertise" which has been replaced by Forte. This is a very detrimental change to the Hellbringer Warlock.

I note that power magnitudes have increased and, proportionally, so have their cooldowns. Hellfire Expertise also provided a 20% recharge speed increase. This has also disappered with Hellfire Expertise.

I'd suggest bringing Hellfire Expertise back for the Warlock.

I note that Soul Scorch is now a magnitude of 12 (up from 9) you need to update Double Scorch to also be 12. It's currently showing as 9 on Preview. I know things are subject to change, just highlighting it.

The magnitude of Vampiric Embrace has not been increased but the cooldown has increased 12.5s on preview (up from 11.1s), I think that the magnitude increase has been missed on this power.

It seems that on some occassions Tyrannical Curse is being cast but the curse is not actually being applied to the target. I can't seem to replicate it though, not sure if this is a bug currently on Live or as a result of the changes; I suspect the former.
  • dududududusadududududusa Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Seems our skill bloodletter(barbarian encounter) is not buffed on preview like rest skills.
    https://zapodaj.net/f3b7a098fe232.png.html
    Its still 520 basic,920 with feat :O Also our feat overpenetration is useless now like 3/4 feats on our class :disappointed:
  • supmadbrosupmadbro Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I think feats and class features that have a magnitude didnt get their magnitude increased. Examples that I've noticed are: Rogues toxic blade, oppresive darkness and Hunters thorned roots, I assume their is more on other classes but I haven't tested
  • I'm noticing that features and class feats which do magnitude damage are showing the same between live version and preview. Is this just a tooltip error?

Only player at-wills, encounters, and daily powers were boosted.
    supmadbro said:

I think feats and class features that have a magnitude didnt get their magnitude increased. Examples that I've noticed are: Rogues toxic blade, oppresive darkness and Hunters thorned roots, I assume their is more on other classes but I haven't tested

This will be a massive effective nerf to the Hunter paragon, where a lot of damage comes from roots, please reconsider.
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Possible bug on warlock "curse bite":
    In tooltip says "this power has two charges" when i use first two hit this has two charges, but from the third one it only has one charge every 10 seconds. (This happens in live too)
  • mhorlokmhorlok Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Radiant Rank 14 used in Defense gives 1,080 HP
    Radiant Rank 15 used in Defense gives 13,200 HP - likely supposed to be 1,320 but all of my Radiant rank 15 look this way on test this morning.
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    mhorlok said:

Radiant Rank 15 used in Defense gives 13,200 HP - likely supposed to be 1,320 but all of my Radiant rank 15 look this way on test this morning.

This is a known bug. They have a fix for it and will be rolling it out soon.
  • mhorlok said:

Radiant Rank 15 used in Defense gives 13,200 HP - likely supposed to be 1,320 but all of my Radiant rank 15 look this way on test this morning.</

what does this have to do with player powers?

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Feedback - Enc / Daily / Mounts that provides decreased damage taken
    What will be the use of encounters like Fighter's "Iron Warrior" and Paladin's "Absolution" that provide a -20% damage taken?
    They don't seem to have an impact anymore if you are capped on Defense (90%). It would be sad for these encounters to become obsolete.

Barbarian's "Enduring Shout", which provides +20% HP, seems to be a much better solution in the new system now.

The same goes for basically every Encounter / Daily / Mount that provides decreased Damage taken (Griffon, Shield of Faith or Hallowed Ground). All these have no use on tanks if they are capped on the 90% Defense. Artifically keeping your Defense down for these cases also doesn't seem to be a nice solution.

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Feedback - Enc / Daily / Mounts that provides decreased damage taken
    What will be the use of encounters like Fighter's "Iron Warrior" and Paladin's "Absolution" that provide a -20% damage taken?
    They don't seem to have an impact anymore if you are capped on Defense (90%). It would be sad for these encounters to become obsolete.

Barbarian's "Enduring Shout", which provides +20% HP, seems to be a much better solution in the new system now.

The same goes for basically every Encounter / Daily / Mount that provides decreased Damage taken (Griffon, Shield of Faith or Hallowed Ground). All these have no use on tanks if they are capped on the 90% Defense. Artifically keeping your Defense down for these cases also doesn't seem to be a nice solution.

griffon reducing outgoing damage its other category.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    In the Cleric Arbiter the Daunting Light magnitude is the same in preview as in live (280). I don't know if this is intended or not, but I thought the magnitudes of the powers would be increased with this update.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Paladin - Burning Light & Burning Vengeance

Burning Light deals 400 - 800 damage on preview.
    Burning Vengeance mentions that "Burning Light now deals up to 600 magnitude ..." so does this feat nerf the encounter or only a typo?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Weapons Still have Armor Penetration bonus that should be removed
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

This isn't to discuss overall class/paragon specific balance to each other.

Will there be a thread where we can point out how some of the combat changes affect class/paragon balance ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Bug report: heavy slash on fighter doesn't procs tenebrous power (tenebrous enchantment)
  • finiplays#2580 finiplays Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    BUG??
    Cleric Base healing output Capped at 50% power

Any additions to Power above 50% is not increasing the base level of heals

I have done extensive testing the last being 8:15pm Pacific Time 12th Dec 2020

Testing on Friday 11th December I got the following result

I tested at intervals of 57%, 64%, 72% Power all resulted in a max not critical heal of soothe at 41,312.80

I again test it today Sunday 12th Dec 2020 PT
    I tested at intervals of 61%, 69%, 77% Power all resulted in a max not critical heal of soothe at 41,681.60

Is this intentional? If so then I don't see a need to increase base power above 50% as it seem like it is a cap.

I also tested Critical Severity to see if it was also capped by Critical severity chance. Testing showed that critical heals increased as critical severity increased as expected.

Further things to potentially Test,
    Does increasing Base Power above 50% effect Critical Healing output?
    Is there any issues with Critical Strike chance above 50%

These are Tests I will run in the next few days
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    This will probably end the way I don't want it but here we go :/

The Justicar feat unyielding champion says that divine champion and divine palisade now block up to 75% of your total maximum HP.

Divine Champion is doing 75%
    Divine Palisade is doing 60%

Please make Palisade do 75% as stated in the tooltip. It seems that while lowering the HP percentage from the regular block and GF dig-in the Justicar feat got hit. I'm using the last unlocked feat to make it 75% so making it stronger than the other unfeated sources of block should be fine.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Fighter Encounter "Enforced Threat" tooltip states it gives -10% awareness to affected mobs. If mob awareness is 0, tooltip and/or power needs adjustment.
    Elite Whaleboy