test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Stuck and crash On loading screen [PC]

I start neverwinter and it stays on the loading screen, then it crashes.
My windows is fully updated, the drivers too, help me please, I love this game
Tagged:

Comments

• deanlydeanly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Me too, logged call with support.
  • deanlydeanly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Uninstalled and reinstalled to fix.
  • gindorn27#4853 gindorn27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same. It crashes as it tries to load the Character Select screen.
    Same goes for Star Trek Online. Been over 2 months since I've been able to log in.
    I uninstalled both games,then re-installed both. Problem persists.
    I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.
    Dell Inspiron 5520 Laptop
    Intl Core i5-3210M CPU at 2.50Ghz
    8 GB RAM
  • tabichitabichi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same issue.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled four times, checked and verified files, safe mode didn't work, and all drivers are updated.
    I get codes like this "18d39a" every crash, but each time it's a different serial.
  • lluizinho#1274 lluizinho Member Posts: 2 New User
    tbm estou com o mesmo problema nao consigo entrar no jogo da crash e cada hora um codigo diferente,alguem me ajuda por favor
  • roostert52#4001 roostert52 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Every single time there is a big update. Last time it took months before I could play. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, the arc launcher, and video drivers.

Completely unknown why this happens. Support doesn't know how to fix it.
  • amarylliscandyamarylliscandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Edit: Ran into this issue after large update if was the first time I saw it to this degree and it was a bit odd. So i felt the need to look into it even though in most cases after a large patch I give it a few days. Haven't had any issues since.
    Post edited by amarylliscandy on

|🌙|

• biggzi58#5898 biggzi58 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    game loads then black screen and thats it..any ideas what i can do 2 fix this?
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

game loads then black screen and thats it..any ideas what i can do 2 fix this?

There is an option to start the game in "safe mode". If you are running Arc or Steam, I recommend you exit out of the launcher. The game is typically stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios try to find Neverwinter.exe there or use the file manager to find it.

Executing Neverwinter.exe normally brings up this screen;

Notice where is says "Options" on the top right? Click there and this will change.

Check mark Safe mode, and save, then enter your ID and password. Then the game will load in windowed mode and not full screen. The graphics will be at a bare minimum, assuming this gets you into the game at all. There is too many factors at work here, I am guessing graphics is set too high. Starting the game without Arc or Steam, removes any questions of launcher issues.

If this fails, my next option would be a full file verification using the "Force Verify" option.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Force check verify - fix every software issue. Update GPU drivers, I hope u have no issues with VRAM and RAM reqs.

also check ..\neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\logs\GameClient\
    Crash.Log
    Shutdown.Log
    Makeshaderbins.Log
    Hog_Errors.Log

make sure ur antivirus software do not block CrashReporterX64.exe/CrashReporter.exe so then devs san read ur crash dumps.

Also check ..\neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\cache\
    remove shaderCacheNvidiaSm50.hogg and shaderCacheAtiSm50.hogg
    and repatch the game with force verify flag.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • lacktoes#5899 lacktoes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also make sure, that you have disabled "On Demand Patching".
  • finality999#7648 finality999 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well, I just joined the club on this topic. Yesterday I booted up the gaming laptop, ran the Neverwinter launcher, get to my character selection screen and click on "Enter" the loading screen comes up, I see some 'patching files' comments in the upper left. There are the usual tips and history lore comments on the bottom of the screen below the fancy divider graphic. I can move my mouse cursor, but after 5, 8, 10 minutes, nothing. I hear the initial music playing and all my toons are in PE, I do hear the music change to what I would expect to hear being there, but nothing, black screen. I cannot use the keyboard to do anything, It is a CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out.

So being a little tech nerd and electronics engineer, software programmer from days gone by, I say to heck with playing about and revert to a cloned backup of my OS drive from January 7, 2023. This game was working not 2 days ago, it was definitely working a month ago. This took all of 30 minutes to restore 270 GB of data. Boot up, run game, ugh! same thing.

Now to start scratching the head and wonder what's up? I did an uninstall (via Steam client) then deleted the Cryptic folder and all its contents. Rebooted. Did a full install, what, 29-30 GB, that took over an hour, Ran the game again, same thing.

Okay, used force verify on the game, tried again, same results..... getting frustrated now, spending a few hours to play a free game.....
    I did not bother the rest of the day, but played some other working games and took care of real world stuff... figured the issue could be dealt with by Cryptic/Gearbox, I sent them an email detailing all my issues late last night.

Well, I boot up this morning, January 7, hoping to buyout my final battle pass and collect my rewards. Ugh, same issue, black screen. So to the forum, I read up here on other player's same results, crashed loading etc., and ran the 'safe mode' well, same issue.

Now, I have offered my details, I only hope some programmer for Cryptic can help fix this issue as it seems that it is on their end. By the way, my brother and I live together, he also plays Neverwinter, and when he got home from work yesterday, when these black screen issues began, he booted up his tower, ran Neverwinter, and had no issues getting online and playing. The network he uses is the same I use, we are both plugged into the same modem. This is costing me my free enchanted lockbox keys for my VIP12 now, two days I will have missed if I cannot log in. That hurts if this goes on for a long time, I hope someone will reimburse me my loss.

Finality
  • greyangel13greyangel13 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'm having this problem now.I get hung up on the loading screen and it says in my task manager that the client isn't responding. This has been going on for three days now. I updated my graphics driver. Haven't tried deleting then reinstalling the client yet.

I run an XPS8900
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz