test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A humble ASK - Please just fix these 3 major issues in PVP (To make PVP not perfect but fun again)

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi Guys

Please can you fix this - PVP has become toad vs Tunnel Vision vs Divine Intervention vs etc etc

It has nothing to do with skill anymore which is sad and these mount powers are just to OP in pvp as they oneshot 90% of the time and its worse for some classes than others

Please can we just get this sorted out asap please ?

Nerf the mount powers like Toad tongue lash and Tunnel Vision & Divine Intervention Mount powers by 80% or just remove from pvp would be best option tbh

I mean this has and is just really spoiling pvp atm cause no skills are required anymore to kill and thats what pvp is about

Fix match making system please : Implement minimum ITEM LVL for pvp - make 4 brackets + with better rewards for higher levels (best way really to fix pvp for now so everyone can compete) ... its pug roulette atm whoever gets pug looses - Not fair

Fix Whisperknife damage (its just ridiculous damage from Stealth ! - No other class can SURPRISE ROTATE and kill a 100k defense tank and any class other than Whisperknife Rogue ...did i say from stealth ? i mean common guys really ?? - PVP should be about skill not toads vs toads and suprise oneshot kills tht come from amd outta nowhere ?? i mean the highest damage you should at least see coming ?????????? seriously
i would suggest to go back to the class setups that represent more the way rogues functioned pre-mod16 for rogues .,.they aint fun to play atm even though horribly broken.

i mean theres alotta other changes required but these are major and all of the core pvp community agree on these major changes to at least make pvp fun again and skill based

PLEASE PLEASE Please can we just have this ... i mean pvp doesnt get the attention it needs in general and for years its been a sad sad story for such a great combat system so we dont even ask anymore

If we get this at least there will be some balance faith restored

a new PVP map in a Chult temple/jungle will be nice :) bring the drums and ancient fires !

a Humble Ask .... Please :)
Post edited by fuxion#7775 on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    Remove all the toxic players from PvP would be a start...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Remove mount power's from pvp.
    Just like the companions
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Remove all the toxic players from PvP would be a start...

i asked they didnt want to remove you ;P

joke ;) .. pvp wont be as toxic if the major game changing bugs/powers
    were removed

back in the day everyone was pvp'ing cause it was alot more balanced and fun

im sure just a a little focused attention will sort out the major HAMSTER and we can do what we love most :)
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

how to fix pvp : remove it. fix pve. re-add pvp later as an entirely separate thing.

Only: "remove it"
    And everything is fixed :)

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Just do as like the April's Chicken PvP: Fixed IL at 2000. No dailies, no mount powers. Just player's ability and teamwork.

And let the crying of those who don't accept. Period.
    2fv72Fw.png
    i really think we aint far from a more balanced pvp system ito classes .. wk rogue really needs rework but rest aint perfect but alot closer to each other atm

..when they fix wk rogue (hopefully) all we need is like 4 or a few diff lvls with better rewards at higher lvls so more people can pvp and have fun and you dont have to be supergeared cause theres just 1 queue but if you want better rewards youll have to work on your toon to eneter next season on higher bracket ...fair ?

They just need to work out how to restrict gear equip/unequip .. im sure theres many ways this can be done

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2020

i really think we aint far from a more balanced pvp system ito classes .. wk rogue really needs rework but rest aint perfect but alot closer to each other atm

..when they fix wk rogue (hopefully) all we need is like 4 or a few diff lvls with better rewards at higher lvls so more people can pvp and have fun and you dont have to be supergeared cause theres just 1 queue but if you want better rewards youll have to work on your toon to eneter next season on higher bracket ...fair ?

They just need to work out how to restrict gear equip/unequip .. im sure theres many ways this can be done

WK rogue is in the same bracket right now as ranger, dps warlock, dps DC, and fighter. Their dps is abnormally high, but they are kept in check due to a very odd lopsided design that gives them basically no sustain and their stealth takes forever to recharge. They don't do consistent damage and they rely on stealth and CA mechanics that require you to have been in stealth recently to even do damage. Even the sustain on an assassin is much better, so WK piles all of its damage into one massive rotation they can use roughly every 12 through 22 seconds to make up for them doing nothing the rest of the time.

Also will mention that while being able to cut through all commonly seen defense amounts like butter is questionable, its an improvement from the defense stacking builds being op problem we had before WK got introduced to PC. Those defense builds are also cancer.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    An item level restriction is something that could be implemented right now without killing PVP. We wouldn't be able to set it to the recommended amount to be competitive but we could still have it set to a point that significantly improves the PVP experiance.

There are a lot of undergeared but still somewhat useful toons that have purple gear and around 380k HP. Don't know off the top of my head what item level this is but there are enough of these players you could set it around this point and still have a lot of que pops.

What needs to be barred from joining ranked PVP ques are people coming in on blue and green geared characters, I'm even seeing farmers and trolls come in with no enchantments equipped. These guys don't make up the bulk of active PVPers and are nonessential to keep around. They also are physically unable to make themselves useful in any way.

I don't think we can support 4 different ques if that is what you mean by 4 brackets. We need people to be using a single que for now, ideally solo que gets removed and everyone goes back to using regular public dom que. One active que is what we have the population to support.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC

An item level restriction is something that could be implemented right now without killing PVP. We wouldn't be able to set it to the recommended amount to be competitive but we could still have it set to a point that significantly improves the PVP experiance.

There are a lot of undergeared but still somewhat useful toons that have purple gear and around 380k HP. Don't know off the top of my head what item level this is but there are enough of these players you could set it around this point and still have a lot of que pops.

What needs to be barred from joining ranked PVP ques are people coming in on blue and green geared characters, I'm even seeing farmers and trolls come in with no enchantments equipped. These guys don't make up the bulk of active PVPers and are nonessential to keep around. They also are physically unable to make themselves useful in any way.

I don't think we can support 4 different ques if that is what you mean by 4 brackets. We need people to be using a single que for now, ideally solo que gets removed and everyone goes back to using regular public dom que. One active que is what we have the population to support.

Please check my suggestion here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258775/best-way-to-fix-pvp-system-increase-player-base-example

• jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User

WK rogue is in the same bracket right now as ranger, dps warlock, dps DC, and fighter. Their dps is abnormally high, but they are kept in check due to a very odd lopsided design that gives them basically no sustain and their stealth takes forever to recharge. They don't do consistent damage and they rely on stealth and CA mechanics that require you to have been in stealth recently to even do damage. Even the sustain on an assassin is much better, so WK piles all of its damage into one massive rotation they can use roughly every 12 through 22 seconds to make up for them doing nothing the rest of the time.

I disagree once again. You can find my reason and explanation here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258605/

It's the caped crit from stealth that makes rogue broken imo. This is making rogues the only class with a "caped" stat in PvP, you can't counter it with crit.av. This is also the reason why rogues are cheap to build. While other classes need to invest to get to even 70-80k crit, rogues don't need to invest anything to get there. So a 22k rogue can "have" more stats than a 28k >any other class<.

Tell me what you think about it.
    edited December 2020
    knorke3 said:

I disagree once again. You can find my reason and explanation here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258605/

It's the caped crit from stealth that makes rogue broken imo. This is making rogues the only class with a "caped" stat in PvP, you can't counter it with crit.av. This is also the reason why rogues are cheap to build. While other classes need to invest to get to even 70-80k crit, rogues don't need to invest anything to get there. So a 22k rogue can "have" more stats than a 28k >any other class<.

Tell me what you think about it.</p>
    Thanks Ruth for supporting this ... wk rogue needs a rework not a nerf as such so tht its still playable and competitive but doesnt have the ability as only class/path to turn a match on its head

The assassin rogue path functions more on a lvl which is acceptable ... i mean shadow strike which is one encounter only available on wk rogue can do 500k+ piercing damage on its own lol .. some wk rotations are over a million HP !! and from stealth ! no way this can be justified ...some wk rogues will try their best to do so though :p

Never in the history of Neverwinter has class/path (Whisperknife Rogue) been copied over 30 times in just two pvp seasons in order to earn more battle trophies ... this alone shows you how broken it is and that there is obviously a huge problem.

The proof is always in the pudding