test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Aasimar from the Campaign thing and reforgers blessings entirely.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
Nobody who was asking for this race wanted it to happen like this. What this is, is insulting and dishonest in every possible way.

If you werent around for this whole campaign now you'll never get the race and every time you log on the fact you were screwed by PWE will be flying in your face becuase it shows up whether its possible to unlock or not.

All races should be buyable in zen store for roughly the same cost as the Moon Elf pack. This isn't something that is controversial, this is called not being sleazy.

Comments

• mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    As a F2P game PWE need to create carrots to dangle in the players faces and having the Aasimar only available via the campaign allows them to place it back in the Zen store at times most fruitful for them. It is no different to how other games find ways to generate revenue.
    Lets be honest, the target audience for a F2P game these long into its life cycle is new /returning players. They know the long established players and whales wont be spending a lot of real money in game any time soon so this is just another opportunity to grab some coin for the coffers when the bean counters demand from the rest of the player base.... especially with the next mod due to drop early 2021.
    it's not some evil conspiracy, it's simply business and without these zen market steers there wont be free content drops and NW will disappear into the ether.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I think they are smart.
    1. They do not provide a free race.
    2. They provide a race which requires BOTH zen purchase and grinding. Hence, it is not a pure pay to win. You need to pay and grind to get the race.
    3. Later, they can introduce the race again to Zen store with may be different incentive package (such as a big inventory bag, mystic mount, companion, ...) so that whoever did not get the race can buy it AND those who already got the race may still buy it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2020

i would imagine aasimar will be available from zen store a few months after milestone 4 finishes
    anything else would be a kick in the teeth to all those that paid for the blessings then spent the last 4 months grinding like crazy
    there was nothing sleezy about the way cryptic sold it they said quite clearly before the redeemed citidel started this was the way it was going to be
    there was absolutly nothing to stop players even if they were not rdy to start redeemed citidel yet, buying the blessings which allow you to finish the milestones in your own time

Now you cant do in own time as it is removed in next mod if i cant do t3 hunts etc in my own time then it was miss sold .Yes ?
    The words 'advertised' for the Reforgers pack was you can take your time to do that for all your toon. There was no word that I know of saying it will be removed. If it is removed, it is not supposed to be removed for those who bought the Reforger's pack.

I would not be surprised that the future requirement to obtain aasimar is to buy the Reforger's pack and to grind 28K ZF in order to get the race.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I'm sorry are people actually DEFENDING the way this was done? No wonder they get away with this, people are THIS accepting of the outright exploitation of customers.

Let me be clear, PWE is one of the only game companies known for this kind of behavior and they have a VERY big rep for it.

Almost any other game would just let you buy the race for the same price as any other. There is NO excuse for this.
    edited December 2020
    gradii said:

I'm sorry are people actually DEFENDING the way this was done? No wonder they get away with this, people are THIS accepting of the outright exploitation of customers.

Let me be clear, PWE is one of the only game companies known for this kind of behavior and they have a VERY big rep for it.

Almost any other game would just let you buy the race for the same price as any other. There is NO excuse for this.

Not sure why it is a surprise to you. They have been "different" for many years. If they "get away" from it, they got away from it for years.

Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow, Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn were previous examples. You were not able to buy them from Zen store for years but you can now.

Personally, it is indifferent to me. If I don't like it, I just don't buy it. I can quit. Their business, their game. They choose what they do. I choose what I do. If it is 'hard' for me to 'pay' them. I just don't 'pay' them. Their loss, not mine.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I think people always forget this is a f2p game. Somehow Cryptic has to pay their developers and cover the costs of the servers. If the game would be p2p or would have a monthly payment model such things as a battle pass or the Zen store would be reprobate but this isn't the case for a f2p game imo.

I also totally agree with @plasticbat. If you don't like such things then don't buy it. Metallic Dragonborn also was kinda exclusive for a hand full of people and it ended in the Zen Store. Same with all the other "exclusive" races.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    pwe not even close to being the only company to do this
    but same as turbine and many others
    end of the day as said by many other people aasimar is an exclusive race that can only be gained (presantly) by doing the content if you dont want to do the content why should cryptic give you the exclusive race?
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Just wanna get this straight, you are complaining because you can get a free playable race that you only need to do the current campaign to acquire? You actually would prefer to pay zen to get same free playable race? The race like every other race will make its way to the zen store eventually, Veruca! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4
    edited December 2020
    fuglymook said:

Just wanna get this straight, you are complaining because you can get a free playable race that you only need to do the current campaign to acquire? You actually would prefer to pay zen to get same free playable race?

If you are talking about Aasimar, it is not free (as not free of Zen). You need to have a Zen purchase + grind to get the race. If one did not make the Zen store purchase before milestone 1 ends, one won't get the Aasimar.
    edited December 2020

fuglymook said:

Just wanna get this straight, you are complaining because you can get a free playable race that you only need to do the current campaign to acquire? You actually would prefer to pay zen to get same free playable race?

If you are talking about Aasimar, it is not free (as not free of Zen). You need to have a Zen purchase + grind to get the race. If one did not make the Zen store purchase before milestone 1 ends, one won't get the Aasimar.
    Yep, a limited time only race nobody will ever get in the future, one that people have asked and waited for and will now never have.

They are literally begging us, quit this piece of HAMSTER, and play the many better games out there, it's hillarious.

To all you small brains who don't see the problem- THE PROBLEM IS ITS AN EXCLUSIVE TIME LIMITED RACE! you cannot defend this garbage without outing yourself.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I have actually got the Aasimar and all I can say is that you don t want it. Not at this point where the race is no different from other races, other than having "glowing eyes" and RGB skin color palette. They haven t fixed those major clipping issues that we already encounter on any other race. And once the new combat system and companion system will be released you will notice that the Racial Bonus is meaningless. I basically paid and played hard for nothing than those previous two mentions.

I have actually got the Aasimar and all I can say is that you don t want it. Not at this point where the race is no different from other races, other than having "glowing eyes" and RGB skin color palette. They haven t fixed those major clipping issues that we already encounter on any other race. And once the new combat system and companion system will be released you will notice that the Racial Bonus is meaningless. I basically paid and played hard for nothing than those previous two mentions.

Are you like, really really high, or do you really not understand why people care about races? It has NOTHING to do with their mostly irrelevant stat bonuses.

its an mmoRPG, and if you cant understand the RPG part, why are you here at all? any creative, intelligent player picks races for the race itself, any class, just how they envision the character. all a new race brings to the table is new possibilities for characters- possibilities most of us will never have with "limited one time" races.

Why are they trying SO hard to get people to quit en masse?
  • rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2020

there was absolutly nothing to stop players even if they were not rdy to start redeemed citidel yet, buying the blessings which allow you to finish the milestones in your own time

Except for the fact that the reforger's blessings were only available for a limited time (wtf???) so if you started playing too late for the first one you were completely unable to ever unlock it. This is absolutely, positively stupid.

And that is absolutely ridiculous.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I worked way too hard to unlock that race, in addition to paying the money, for them to just put it in the Zen store for anyone to get without putting in the work (my personal opinion). I wouldn't mind if they put in a different version of it, like they did with the Menzoberranzan Drow and the regular Drow, in the Zen store, but I paid 5000 Zen and did quite a grind to unlock it. I didn't mind doing the grind or paying the money, for it though.

my thoughts exactly

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I can't imagine they would go to all the effort to make the race and then leave it as one time only. Perhaps it will be a recurring part of episodic content.

and hopefully they will add the missing hairstyles... grumble grumble...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    gradii said:

If you werent around for this whole campaign now you'll never get the race

Damn... you may never get my Lord of the Rings limited edition hardcover book. But you can still read The Lord of the Rings, just not with the same skin my book has.
    You can still play Neverwinter, just not with the same skin Aasimar has.

gradii said:

Damn... you may never get my Lord of the Rings limited edition hardcover book. But you can still read The Lord of the Rings, just not with the same skin my book has.
    Apples to Oranges. sad that people are so blind that they can't see the finger being given to them right in their faces.

Character races are not skins, nor are they stats. They are far more important than any of that. If you can't understand why, stop playing MMORPGs since you clearly dont understand the RPG part. Leave the intelligent and creative players alone.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    gradii said:

Character races are not skins, nor are they stats.

Tell that to everyone that has wanted the dragonborn since they were introduced and considered BiS race.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @gradii said:
    > Apples to Oranges. sad that people are so blind that they can't see the finger being given to them right in their faces.
    >
    > Character races are not skins, nor are they stats. They are far more important than any of that. If you can't understand why, stop playing MMORPGs since you clearly dont understand the RPG part. Leave the intelligent and creative players alone.

Are you this upset over the top 100 rewards too?

Personally I would say chill as they would be foolish not to offer the Aasimar as a race pack for zen at a later date. Let alone doing another event similar to what we have now.

And they cheated no one. Should blizzard be forced to go back to vanilla WoW every time someone new shows up? There are limited events and items throughout the years that no other person can get now. Those who were here from the start shouldn't be persecuted nor should cryptic be just cause someone was late to the party.

So I say again, chill out and wait for it to be released elsewhere, be it lockbox, zen market or another event.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    gradii said:

gradii said:

Apples to Oranges. sad that people are so blind that they can't see the finger being given to them right in their faces.

Character races are not skins, nor are they stats. They are far more important than any of that. If you can't understand why, stop playing MMORPGs since you clearly dont understand the RPG part. Leave the intelligent and creative players alone.
    Stop resorting to personal attacks to force people to understand your POV. You could try to listen to the people that have actively been playing NW for a while, as above: we will see more of Aasimar, but right now it still needs to be exactly what people payed Zen for and invested a lot of time in - exclusive. Are you also salty about everything else that is currently unobtainable, or is this because you have been waiting since NW was released for them to introduce Aasimar so you could fulfill your RPG dreams?
    Cause I am certainly glad I was here for the Chicken mount, as it has fulfilled all my RPG dreams of once in my lifetime being a wood elf riding on a gigantic chicken that lets me wobble around so much I get dizzy, both as a wood elf and as a person behind a screen.
    - bye bye -
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    gradii said:

Character races are not skins, nor are they stats. They are far more important than any of that. If you can't understand why, stop playing MMORPGs since you clearly dont understand the RPG part.
    Leave the intelligent and creative players alone.

One of my remaining 981 scrolls of identification was consumed here and detected a personnal attack.

That's fun to read for me ^^.

I'm also not sure about your understanding of the RPG part :P, but won't tell you to let that to intelligent and creative players alone as i prefer to be (or at least trying to be) more inclusive with others ;).

Races (and classes) are, for me, skins, and nothing will change my mind after 25years playing p&p, MORPG, MMORPG.
    Roleplaying is basically being an actor performing in a dynamic improvisational theatre and can be sum up with the french expression "entrer dans la peau du personnage" = literally "getting inside the character's skin" (the correct english expression would be putting yourself in the character's shoes).

I would love to see how creative you are in roleplay. But just to have a glance of your potential, as roleplaying usually starts with defining a background story, what would be your Aasimar's background ?
    Would all his ancestors be Aasimars too ? Would it be a resurgence of a celestial-touched trait that stayed dormant during generations in his family's bloodline ? Planetar, Avoral, Ghaeles, Solar ? Would he have a birthmark as a descendant of a celestial minion ?
    Would he be naturally good, would he got in his youth some advices from his celestial ancestor ? Would he have been twisted by something in his past ? Or maybe falling under Shar's influence when he will go through the Shadowfell ?
    How would his relations with tieflings be ? What would be his goals, his hopes, his regrets, his remorses ?
    What would be his thoughts about Makos and all the lichdom stuff ?

Ok, you want to play the Aasimar race. But this has nothing to do with roleplaying, after all, roleplaying is just "pretending to be"... so you can technically choose a human, design him so he is tall, with pale (or blind) eyes, put a birthmark on his face, and then roleplay him as a descendant of a celestial-minion if you want... (and it would be interesting to hear why it is so difficult to distinguish him from humans, an interesting background there maybe)

(everything else about the reason why Aasimar wont be available to everyone during some time, probably at least a full year, has already been said by others, so I won't add anything else here ^^)

(My personnal Aasimar is roleplayed as Grumpy Smurf. Big white hair, blue skin, white pants and no shirt. I have fun hating everything with him even though smurfs are not a NWO or DnD race :P )
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    gradii said:

gradii said:

Your inability to argue any point without resorting to personal insults likely has the devs rolling their eyes and scrolling past every post you make.

Attack the point, not the person.

You can ask for something, or say how you want something done, you can't do both.

They elected to require a zen purchase to get the race. That was their prerogative. If it is that game-breaking to you then quit like you keep claiming they want you to.

Post edited by jaboboh on
    The players here don't deserve a good game when they stand up to defend this kind of HAMSTER.

Enjoy the last couple years of your pathetic scam.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Wow you are real fruitcake
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    gradii said:

The players here don't deserve a good game when they stand up to defend this kind of HAMSTER.

Enjoy the last couple years of your pathetic scam.

Thanks for proving my point.

Enjoy your time away from the game. Your insightful comments will be dearly missed.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I paid for the box and grinded .. and well I don't mind cryptic gating the race 1 year later in Zen Store for $40 -$50 because at the end of the day it is reward to those who grind

I was not playing the game when gith came and I paid zen to unlock the race simple as that does that mean I go mad and bunkers like you are doing for paying real money for race that people got for free answer is no because they said beyond this date you can't unlock the gith tlrace

so is the asamir race going to be available answer yes .. not gonna happen half year from now so do not make another fruity thread like this one

and cool your peaches coconuts and fruits you are throwing at the community because it
    will do nothing capiche buddy