test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen exchange blank

bill#5235 bill Member Posts: 15 Arc User
What is going on with the Astral Diamond exchange?

Basically, the 'BUY ZEN' Window on the Astral Diamond Exchange is just... blank. No Zen listings at all, nothing nada, (you get the idea.) i'm one of the those people who erally likes neverwinter, but I barely have enough money to pay my bills RL, the only way I can afford my VIP is to AD grind and buy my zen via trading, but it's kinda hard to do so when there is nothing listed for sale.

Selling Zen is fine, it's just the buy window - Is this a bug or not? I've been told it is by some players, while others tell me it isn't - a little clarifiaction would go a long way

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I guess you don't know how the Zax works. When the Zen price hit the cap (750), the Buy Zen queue will always be blank. It is a 'must'. Because whoever wants to buy AD, it will be processed right the way without waiting. Without waiting means it will not be in the queue/listing.

It is not a bug.

Put your listing in and wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bill#5235 bill Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Really? I've been a player for 4 years now, and never seen it blank before...
    edited November 2020
    bill#5235 said:

Really? I've been a player for 4 years now, and never seen it blank before...

Because it did not hit the cap. I have been a player in PC for 6/7 years now. I only saw the list was not blank in about 3 months in those years when the exchange rate was below the cap in those months.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @bill#5235 said:
    > Really? I've been a player for 4 years now, and never seen it blank before...

You're on Xbox aren't you? We have not had any times where it was really hitting cap for an extended length of time like it is atm. But if you type in 750 and the amount you want, it should convert in about 2-3 days (hopefully.)
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @bill#5235 said:
    > What is going on with the Astral Diamond exchange?

Look at the sell zen page see the amounts requested at the different prices. Yesterday it was over 1.2 million zen requested at 750 each. You take ur place in that line and like other said you wait days and hope it comes. It's scary that only a few months ago zen was 350 and under
  • jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Was never 350 and under, I buy zen all the time, I have thousands and thousands and I assure you it was never that low
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Four years ago when I started playing it was under 200 on xbox. But it hasn't been around 350 since a few months before they raised the cap to 750.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • sniperace79sniperace79 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I guess you don't know how the Zax works. When the Zen price hit the cap (750), the Buy Zen queue will always be blank. It is a 'must'. Because whoever wants to buy AD, it will be processed right the way without waiting. Without waiting means it will not be in the queue/listing.
    >
    > It is not a bug.
    >
    > Put your listing in and wait.

I have posted to buy Zen on the ZAX it has been over 24hrs and still nothing, so your statement is false.

With that being said i have placed a ticket and the GM said to post on the Forums so the Dev. them can review the forums.
    But as i can see there is no word on this being fixed.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    His statement is not false, he was talking about it the other way. If you buy Zen (with real money) and post it for AD you will receive the AD almost immediately. The other way is when it will take more time.
    edited November 2020

I have posted to buy Zen on the ZAX it has been over 24hrs and still nothing, so your statement is false.

With that being said i have placed a ticket and the GM said to post on the Forums so the Dev. them can review the forums.

But as i can see there is no word on this being fixed.

If you buy Zen, you need to wait. There are many other buyers (who want to get Zen) ahead of you. In PC, the current wait time is 2 months 18 days and growing. The queue (to get AD) has been empty in PC for years now because it hit the cap for a long time.

If you buy AD using Zen, you don't need to wait.

There is nothing to be fixed in the Zax mechanic. It works the way it should be. Supply and demand of Zen and AD is another story. They are the reason why you need to wait.

The easier the game allows you to gain AD, the longer you will need to wait to get Zen from Zax.
  • penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I also got the blank listings I have been playing Neverwinter since game launched on Xbox one I have not noticed it do this before. What is the point having astral diamonds when you can’t convert them for zen.
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Many games force you to always spend real money to buy the premium items and "Zen." World of tanks, for instance, you cannot get gold without spending real money for it, with a few exceptions where they do giveaways, whereas their silver currency you can earn by playing.

NW's Zen/AD exchange is controlled by the players, and the only thing the dev can affect is the cap it goes up to, in this case, 750. When there's more people that want Zen versus what wants AD, it creates the situation we have now, where there's a wait to get Zen, because there is more incentive to want things that cost Zen versus things that cost AD. The wait on Xbox is now roughly 6-7 days. It's significantly longer on PS and on PC. So put in the amount you want, type in 750 for the price, and wait a week or so for enough people who have Zen to convert theirs to AD, which is what clears out the backlog. If you want Zen for the Christmas sale (assuming there is one) put your order in now and hang onto it. We are lucky they give us a way to get Zen for free without paying real money for it.
    edited November 2020
    penybont said:

I also got the blank listings I have been playing Neverwinter since game launched on Xbox one I have not noticed it do this before. What is the point having astral diamonds when you can’t convert them for zen.

1. You don't have to have Zen to play.
    2. You can get Zen from Zax. You just need to wait.
    3. You did not notice that before because your Zax did not hit the cap. Now, it does.

Many games force you to always spend real money to buy the premium items and "Zen." World of tanks, for instance, you cannot get gold without spending real money for it, with a few exceptions where they do giveaways, whereas their silver currency you can earn by playing.

NW's Zen/AD exchange is controlled by the players, and the only thing the dev can affect is the cap it goes up to, in this case, 750. When there's more people that want Zen versus what wants AD, it creates the situation we have now, where there's a wait to get Zen, because there is more incentive to want things that cost Zen versus things that cost AD. The wait on Xbox is now roughly 6-7 days. It's significantly longer on PS and on PC. So put in the amount you want, type in 750 for the price, and wait a week or so for enough people who have Zen to convert theirs to AD, which is what clears out the backlog. If you want Zen for the Christmas sale (assuming there is one) put your order in now and hang onto it. We are lucky they give us a way to get Zen for free without paying real money for it.

This issue with waiting is is the 30% sale on VIP be available in a week.

penybont said:

3. You did not notice that before because your Zax did not hit the cap. Now, it does.
    I know you don’t need zen to play but you need it for VIP and I refuse to spend any money on these type of games because they are not free to play on Xbox since you need gold membership to play Neverwinter that and the lazy scumbag developers don’t deserve my cash.
    edited December 2020
    penybont said:

penybont said:

I know you don’t need zen to play but you need it for VIP and I refuse to spend any money on these type of games because they are not free to play on Xbox since you need gold membership to play Neverwinter that and the lazy scumbag developers don’t deserve my cash.
    Then, you can choose not to play or wait to play.

Do you know when I prepare the Zen for the current sales? Last year.
    Do you know what my current posting in Zax is for? Next year.

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    penybont said:

penybont said:

Ooof, didn't know that microsoft was that grubby and required gold pass for Neverwinter, Cryptic likely doesn't see any of that money.

More to the matter at hand though, get in the habit of stashing zen for sales and what not. The sooner the better. Max out all 5 listings if you can and then just sit on it for optimal sales to come up.
    arazith07 said:

penybont said:

penybont said:

Ooof, didn't know that microsoft was that grubby and required gold pass for Neverwinter, Cryptic likely doesn't see any of that money.

More to the matter at hand though, get in the habit of stashing zen for sales and what not. The sooner the better. Max out all 5 listings if you can and then just sit on it for optimal sales to come up.
    You need gold for all free to play games and even playable demos.

As for cryptic if they gived a HAMSTER they would not release any of there games on Xbox until ms removed that HAMSTER charge.

Cryptic are as guilty as ms they knew ms would charge and they still released game on Xbox and even cryptic don’t tell you need gold to play so ms and cryptic can burn in hell for all I care they are bunch of money grabbing scum.

edited December 2020
    penybont said:

arazith07 said:

penybont said:

penybont said:

You need gold for all free to play games and even playable demos.

As for cryptic if they gived a HAMSTER they would not release any of there games on Xbox until ms removed that HAMSTER charge.

Cryptic are as guilty as ms they knew ms would charge and they still released game on Xbox and even cryptic don’t tell you need gold to play so ms and cryptic can burn in hell for all I care they are bunch of money grabbing scum.

I suggest you not to give any money to Microsoft and Cryptic. Stop playing Xbox. Stop playing NW. Stop paying Gold Pass. Stop buying Xbox games. Stop giving money to Microsoft.
  • mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I used to actually believe the players controlled the ZAX until this past weekend when I converted 15k zen to AD and the 3+ mil backlog didn’t change a single digit.
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    This is the problem with authoritarian control and NOT allowing player to freely exchange of goods and services without impediments. Neverwinter provided this marketplace for players to exchange AD and Zen, they should unblock our ability to freely exchange without wait time. Zen can and should go up higher than 750 if SOMEONE is willing to pay for it; time is money.

If they are concerned with the volatility of the market, just provide a banking system with a consolidation period based upon the funds in their bank account, which will be locked based upon their transaction in the market for a certain period of time (1 day). Everything is digital here, so even a day in my example is ridiculous but lets entertain the idea. I assume this extreme measure they took was to prevent individuals from gaming the system. There ought to be no MIN or MAX, but the market should be set by what people are willing to pay for it - plain and simple.
    edited December 2020

This is the problem with authoritarian control and NOT allowing player to freely exchange of goods and services without impediments. Neverwinter provided this marketplace for players to exchange AD and Zen, they should unblock our ability to freely exchange without wait time. Zen can and should go up higher than 750 if SOMEONE is willing to pay for it; time is money.

If they are concerned with the volatility of the market, just provide a banking system with a consolidation period based upon the funds in their bank account, which will be locked based upon their transaction in the market for a certain period of time (1 day). Everything is digital here, so even a day in my example is ridiculous but lets entertain the idea. I assume this extreme measure they took was to prevent individuals from gaming the system. There ought to be no MIN or MAX, but the market should be set by what people are willing to pay for it - plain and simple.

time is money. Hence, you can use money to buy time - plain and simple.