test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make dragons immune til they land

It is an absolute joke when you have been waiting 20 mins to kill a dragon as a melee based player for the rangers, mages to come along and kill it before it lands giving melee based players no chance an having to wait all over again for the same thing to happen again and again

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Use a ranged attack of your own?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Great idea, nearly every time I'm in neverdeath to kill carthraxis for the weekly a newer player misses out on the dragon.
    Unfortunately even with the scaling in that area the dragon usually dies before it lands.

It's really only punishing for the newer players, the ones that need it the most.

I have noticed that meowthrax in icespire peak usually gives credit just for being in the area when the dragon is killed even if you do not attack it.
    This might be a way to help the new guys get credit for trying even if it does before they are able to get a hit in.

Obviously there may be some concern about people abusing the completion without participation, however the reward of 3-5 dragon coins is so small I wouldn't even worry about it.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Use a ranged attack of your own?

You don't even need to use a ranged attack, you can point at the incoming dragon and melee it. It's actually already landed, just the visualization of it doesn't show it.
  • nixmisnixmis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the idea of credit if you are in the vicinity. Many times, I have had to wait 40 minutes to kill Charthraxis due to this.