test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An idea to make almost everything account bound (on Equip) the smart way to save support roles.

leryodleryod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Why ?

Cause at the moment alts are a problem.

Cause actually most trial and dungeon runs dont need tank or healers (or are skipped) and support roles are becoming obsolete until high end.

Cause mount Changes made mains struggle to keep high end and destroyed the chance for alts for almost everyone.

Upcoming changes will make things even worse and only healers and maybe tanks varely subpar will be allowed since really few whales will be 100% equiped (and money, skill and good behaviour not always come by hand).

Easy to check how many people doing "Zariel Challenge" with a simple group search.

Adding that to the fact that players have to focus on just one role, there is a high chance to see a dramatic reduction of healthy equiped tanks and healers on end game.

Help player base by not forcing to just one role. This can be archieved by making almost everything account bound ( on Equip ).

How to do this the smart way ?

As this feature will impact the market a smart way must be designed.

An AD sink is not the right choice cause resources are needed for main characters.

The easy and fast way: Since we already have "Companion Tokens", allow players to use that currency to duplicate already owned companions so they can be reclaimed on a the Agent as account bound on equip.

The original way: The same but introducing a few NPC's explaining how to duplicate the companions: A monster or a creature can have a breeder NPC and the humanoids companions can "freely" decide at a tavern ( how typical ^^ ) to seek adventures with an alter of the original owner.

The Hard way: Make an Storyline (quests, npc's, location, all the pack) introducing the new features and maybe a new currency needed to archieve this goal, even involving a new class character...

Hope this helps.

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    leryod said:

The easy and fast way: Since we already have "Companion Tokens", allow players to use that currency to duplicate already owned companions so they can be reclaimed on a the Agent as account bound on equip.

But at which rank? If you have a companion at mythic I doubt you will never have a free mythic identical companion on alt.
    So the problem remain unchanged because you still need to upgrade it.

• jbc1022#7515 jbc1022 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The upcoming changes will not affect my main toons, it's my support alts that it will hurt so I understand the concern. What I expect to see is Legendary companions hit the zen market account wide. I don't expect much will be done with our current pets.
    If you had bought companion at zen market, they are claimable on alt, but most of zen companions are bad, so you probably don't have bought them from zen market
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Zen store companion is account wide. It was not.
    Dropped companion can be farmed by the characters and pass to the others.
    I am playing 6 characters and have been upgrading all 6 character the old fashion way. I consider all 6 are main. I don't pass bonding around. I don't see this change makes any difference comparing with other changes before. Every change makes something obsolete and need to gather new stuff for my characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    If you had bought and equip one from zen market, you can now get it on other alt. I bought a ghost like 3 years ago, and i can get it on my alts.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I suspect we might see some sort of Legendary-ACCOUNT companion rollout when the mod comes out, along with a free token pack and maybe even a free companion coupon for zen store. As far as the nerf to stats goes... they will obviously look at this during playtesting and make adjustments as needed. I'm concerned of course, but at the same time very excited about the new possibilities this will open up to players in the long run.