test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fixing the ad exchange

2»

Comments

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User

And ofcourse, making avernus hunt items and lures not sellable in AH is a very bad idea IMHO

I never liked this either. They said the decision to make it like this is they didn't want to water down the market for hunt trophies/lures during Chult IIRC. The actual effect is items have to be traded for trophies/lures, generally these are marks of potency which have an AD value. All this decision does is slow players who want to pay instead of farm. It would be a lot less hassle to just trade AD with a player and pay a 10% fee for the trade.

Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Bring back the 25% wondrous bazaar coupons, diamonds would instantly be a sought after commodity again. The Astral Lockbox had the potential to take a large chunk out of the backlog, but unfortunately the lockbox was mostly rubbish so it did not achieve its potential. Making diamonds great again by having a way to spend them would lower backlog amounts.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I've made a new post of 800 zen, see how long it will take this time. Last transition took exactly 13 days
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    See this is the thing.

I’m lucky enough that I can buy Zen. I buy some every month.

Way back when I first started playing NW I did trade Zen for AD quite often. Back then, for people who hadn’t been playing for very long, the only way to get into the harder levels was to buy gear for AD, specifically CRAFTED armour and weapons. Is still remember how excited I was when I bought my first BIS or close to BIS gear on the AH.

Because I was new (back then) earning a lot of AD normally in the game took forever and unless I wanted to wait ages I had to trade Zen for AD. I always used the Exchange it never crossed my mind to buy items for Zen and sell them to make a profit. Plus that took longer. PLUS, there was always a part of me who liked knowing I was helping a FTP player get their Zen. (BTW even today when I need a lot of AD I use the Exchange because I still like knowing people who need Zen are getting it. I'm not playing NW to make a profit, I'm playing for entertainment.)

Flash forward to now, except for a very few limited items, there is nothing I really need to buy with AD. And nothing that demands trading large amounts of Zen for anyway. There is no longer top tier crafted items or other things like that. I have VIP and over the 4+ years I have been playing I’ve done fine on lego mounts and stuff like that. I still need AD from time to time but rarely have to trade for it now between earning AD in the game and selling stuff I have from lock-boxes I just don’t need that much AD and on top of that the stuff I may need extra AD for has been inflated so much (price wise). I can get almost everything I need/want via Zen now and cheaper than on the AH. And the things I buy with AD I watch the prices and can be more picky/selective now.

I am hoping, for people who need Zen for AD, that Cryptic will make new things that are in high demand attainable only via AD. Three things that come to mind that would be great would be bags of insignia dust, low level collars and the lego shards you need to upgrade collars. If they priced these items competitively, a lot of people would drop AD a lot to have access to these items. Plus, if they made them bound to account they wouldn’t flood the AH either. People like me, who are regular Zen buyers, would have no choice but to use the exchange unless we wanted to wait and grind out AD over time or do the whole buy and sell routine. Which as we know, if it’s the new fancy got to have items, we won’t wait. We will want it as soon as possible.

Bottom line, they need to push more, bound to account must have items in the Wonderous Bazaar if they ever want the ZAX to settle down.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    missdayum said:

I've made a new post of 800 zen, see how long it will take this time. Last transition took exactly 13 days

Alright second attempt post of 800 zen just went through today on the PS4. So that puts us back to 10 days waiting time now huh, interesting.
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Weird, ive waited 14 days and still nothing.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    People are hoarding expecting a sale Friday/Monday.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    This may anger some people but I don't think the exchange is broken. It is controlled by the people buying Zen for cash not the people wanting Zen traded for AD. It has always been this way, in a free market the controlling item is the least available one. Everyone who plays has access to some amount of AD thru the ques, weekly quests, Zuma bags, Zok, etc. but the amount of Zen is limited. Someone has to pay cash. If they don't want to trade for AD then there will be a backlog. Taking AD out of the game may help some but if the people who have brought Zen don't want to sell, nothing changes
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    But some people seem to think otherwise. That there may be some magical way of forcing people that have zen to part with it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    A suggestion place a weapon set and armor set that are equal to the BIS for sale in the Wondrous Bazaar. The AD spent would be removed from the game ( a sink) those that wanted it could purchase Zen for cash, then trade for AD on the exchange. They would be updated with each Mod release. This would insure that there would always be something worth buying with AD
    My last offer of 1,000 zen / 750,000 AD is hitting 22 days now (listed 1/7/2021) and still waiting. We are approaching PC value soon. :p

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Pc value soon? Hope you guys don't we're way over 100 days xD

Well it went through now. Took 25 days for a 1,000 Zen exchange on the PS4.

• onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    missdayum said:

Well it went through now. Took 25 days for a 1,000 Zen exchange on the PS4.
    It's good for you on the PS.) I've been waiting for 3 months on the PC.))