test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chains drop rate

2»

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

regenerde said:

Well, why would you want to force players into a group for all steps of the hunts, when even the main rewards of it end up in the bags of just the player using the lure? Sure, as long as you're part of the group that summons the hunt, you'll get at least Favor and Marks, but everyone else beyond that helping with the T2 or T3 hunts gets nothing...

That doesn't sound like a logical or "fair" concept for "group content" to me.

Interesting.
    I will add that, even if you are in the lure-party, you don't have any guarantee to get something else but the fiend/devil/demon's remains.
    T3 seems to always loot 2 to 4 items, never 5 (as far as my experience with T3 goes). But at the contrary, if you do T1 or T2 all the party can end up with no equipment looted at all.

So what is the real concept if not everyone in the party and no sidehelper can get a piece ?
    It's all about selflessness. It's all about offering a favor and returning a favor. It's all about trusting each others. It's all about needing each others.
    This time, guilds, allies, friendships, etc, which have grown around selflessness or strong cooperation are winning, while solo players/selfish players are whining ;).

As some french musketeers would say : "un pour tous, tous pour un" (one for all, all for one).
    That's how players should try to play a MMORPG (except in a case of some specific roleplay :P ). That's where a MMORPG truly shines as a game.
    It sounds so great when you put it like that, and it is - if you are actually willing to work on a smaller community, growing together, getting to know eachother... So either a guild or a bunch of friends, even some alliances can do that - as long as you do not have that sole wolf that abuses every selfless sidehelper, it is fine.
    I found the t3 concept (as in, selfless sidehelping mingling with raw profit margins) to promote the opposite - because it is sellable, and people love capitalism, but still need others to do the work for it. Those are also never the people that turn to help others with their lures ...

However, I wanted to tell you your posts about this are always nice and inspiring. Great attitude.
    - bye bye -
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    again. MOST of the posts on this board are still missing the point.

1. I have to kill about 15 manes to get 1 chain. SOLO
    2. If in a "Queue" group and I kill 15 manes i get about 6 chains.

This is manipulating the system or proving the system is broken
    If in a party, queue, or solo you should have the same chance. And that is true for Party and Solo.

In order to get the higher drop rate, you have to be in a Queue and everyone has to hit the mane. THAT IS MANIULATING the system. So it is a CHEAT. Technically you should get a ban if you do that as we have seen in the past that doing things like this is bannable. Remember the Ravenloft hunt bans? We are doing something to manipulate the drop rate. Same as in Ravenloft, we are playing to the game but we are doing something to manipulate our chances.

now if you are in a group (queue or party) and everyone in the group or queue gets the Chains. That is different. there is still a 1 in 15 chance of getting a chain, but everyone gets it. Same chance as solo.

The way it is being done now is a cheat. We are manipulating the RNG.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Hmmm! The Ravenloft hunt ban had nothing to do with manipulating the drop rate.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

If in a party, queue, or solo you should have the same chance. And that is true for Party and Solo.

In order to get the higher drop rate, you have to be in a Queue and everyone has to hit the mane. THAT IS MANIULATING the system. So it is a CHEAT. Technically you should get a ban if you do that as we have seen in the past that doing things like this is bannable. Remember the Ravenloft hunt bans? We are doing something to manipulate the drop rate. Same as in Ravenloft, we are playing to the game but we are doing something to manipulate our chances.

now if you are in a group (queue or party) and everyone in the group or queue gets the Chains. That is different. there is still a 1 in 15 chance of getting a chain, but everyone gets it. Same chance as solo.

I though the whole post was about the chain drop rate too low for solo player ? Now it is about manipulating rng ?
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

Your "queue" loot rate seems a bit exagerated :3, and your personnal experience is probably not a representative sample for statistic purposes.

You are maybe falling in one of the bias we have when dealing with great numbers, statistics, probabilities, vs "personnal experience".
    Flip a coin 15 times per day. Note the result on Excel.
    After 10 years doing that, your .xlsx should show you got nearly as much heads as you got tails.
    But maybe during the first week you got twice more heads than tails. Maybe the last week it was 3x more tails than heads.
    Maybe one day got 15 tails and no head, and 2 days in row 15 heads and no tail.

If the loot rate is on average 1/10 on the manes, then if you farm on a regular basis, you may experienced some days with an insane high amount of drops ("yeah, i gor 1 chain every 2 manes"), and other days it's all the opposite ("damn ! 20 manes and I'm yet to see a chain !").

A normal distribution/bell curve may show that the average player gets 1 chain every 10 manes. But a normal distribution also have extremes.

For exemple : me doing fane on 8 toons every week during 6 months in mod13, and who never got any +5 ring (when some people on 1 toon casually doing fane got 3 or 4). Or a friend of mine who, since mod11, only with keys provided by the VIP, got almost one legendary mount every new mod/lockbox.

You can also be biased by the fact you are tagging/killing way more manes with a farming party than you can all alone, giving you a feeling of a way more important loot rate, but in reality you are just killing more infected hence can statistically (only statistically) get more chains.

Yep, you may only have 98% chances to avoid catching coronavirus during the next month, and maybe only 99.5% chance of not dying because of it as you are not in the "vulnerable people". NW loot rate should make you think about the risks ;).
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The RNG has been extremely variable. I have been tracking it for my toon and at one time it was one chain for 31 manes. After I have a fairly solid sample size, it settled around 1 for 15 for me. One of my guild mates is 1 in 8 and another is 1 in 24. I now have a ton of lures I can use with my guildies but it was an obnoxious grind.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

merik1999 said:

I though the whole post was about the chain drop rate too low for solo player ? Now it is about manipulating rng ?
    it is too low. I have posted this as well as many others. The manipulating the RNG comment is about those who INSIST this is supposed to be a group effort. The only thing group effort is doing, is manipulating the RNG.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

merik1999 said:

it is too low. I have posted this as well as many others. The manipulating the RNG comment is about those who INSIST this is supposed to be a group effort. The only thing group effort is doing, is manipulating the RNG.
    I think you miss the point of all the people responding to you, was my last message on this thread, have fun
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    xtremoz said:

@merik1999

Why do you want to solo obviously designed group content ?

You argument fails, when a content u say its for group doesnt work in party, it fail again, when it should be 1 mane kill 1 chain, and player use a loophole some can even call it a glitch... were if u have 30 players all doing 1 hit on same mane and theres a chance for 30 drops, i bet it was not designed with that in mind.

Chain drops is low, and worst, hunt lure from boss is also to low. 24 T2 boss kills and 2 pieces of T3 drop is just stupid low.
    No, you cannot have 30 people hit 1 mane, and most chains dropping in such a situation (with tests I had) was 4. This was rare, too.

You see, I played this only and primarily for the sake of the Wings. Nothing else. But seeing how good it is for many, I can't help but wonder how is it that so many people are selling with success, yet a few can't even farm 10 chains a day? And they are all in this topic? lol

I'm a bit late to the party here, but IMO Hunts are still higher in Involvement-to-profit ratio than any other dungeon I've done in the past god knows how many years with the nasty RNG.
    Sure, people are getting Leg mounts nowadays in dungeons, but it wasn't always like that before, and it is still a heavy RNG and you needn't play the hardest dungeons, either.

You can't beat that prize to involvement ratio.

But let us see how does not increasing the drop rates affect anyone?

- Just a bit ago I got a collar from Tuern, small chest. It was an AD bonus collar. And just shows that you can still get the item or profit from even a level 70 Dungeon. Heck, you can get a collar from CT dungeon, too.
    - At least 10 of my allies got a Legendary Account mount from various dungeons.

Fact is - It is not like you need to do these hunts, same like it is not necessary to play Zariel or ToMM in order to get decent gear. In fact, you don't even need to run TiC anymore since gear can be obtained for Favours. But you do need a team of dedicated players/grinders/farmers in order to get ahead. No other way around it. This is mandatory.

And on a final note, I don't think that game ever had this much free market choices when it comes to the content right now. It is very dynamic, and Prizes are coming from all directions! Same content that is still relevant.
    Usually, it all crumbles whenever a new dungeon comes up, and you have to focus only on one exclusive gameplay in order to stay relevant, but right now? Now it's not like that and these hunts were the best thing to happen for the community in a long time, even with the low RNG chances. You can still get something out of nothing but being present. Nothing in the game beats that except maybe getting a Gold Lion - Account from Dread Legion skirmish...

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
This discussion has been closed.