test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items for other classes bound to character

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
This has a long history - item for a different class bound to character on pick up. I do not understand why it has to be so, but... why the hell would you even create a vendor selling stuff for other classes that binds those items on pick up? The Redeemed Citadel forge is even more ridiculous then the Avernus most basic weapon sets - there you can ship mint weapons to your alts, only the upgrade items are bound to character.

Such arrangement defeats any purpose the gear/weapon vendors can have. So I consider it a bug: Forge vendor in Redeemed citadel binds items to character on pick up.

Comments

• prodekol#5203 prodekol Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I second this. I understand if certain other class item drops are bound to character, BUT for a PURCHASE of items for another class to be bound to character, this is a bug. Any other seal vendor where you "view equipment for other classes", those items are bound to account on purchase.

I purchased divine armor under the assumption this worked like any other vendor where you could purchase equipment for your alt, and now I have armor that can't be used stuck on a Ranger, meant for a Paladin. Please fix this ASAP, or, for anyone who purchased other class equipment, please refund the Zariel's Favor (10,000 is no small amount...).

Thanks.
    Post edited by prodekol#5203 on
    So after several exchanges back and forth with Customer Support over about a week now, I'm back in the forums. I'm very disappointed with the response - the reason it took so long was because customer service was asking for information that should have already been included in the original report (for example, when I submitted the ticket in-game - the prompt asked me to drag the item into the window, and I did; however, I was asked by the representative for the exact item name, the character name, whether it was showing up as bound to account or bound to character, and finally a screenshot). Not to mention I was asked for information on more than one occasion, rather than all at once, and each time it took another day for the team to respond. All of this, and they marked my ticket "Solved" with no actual resolution, except that "it appears to be a gameplay bug that our development team will have to look into", and I was directed to report it in this forum, which I already did.

Has someone from the Cryptic team even looked at this post? How do I escalate? I'd think this is very relevant, since this is content from the current mod, released only a couple of weeks ago. It's current gear that people want to use.

I was actually thinking about spending a considerable amount of money on Zen this weekend, given the current sale, but this experience has left such a sour taste in my mouth.

I know I'm not the only one who's had a negative experience with support. I'm stating this moreso to highlight to the Cryptic team that support needs to improve beyond generic responses telling us to report a bug. Ok, it's bugged. At least rectify the situation for now: refund my currency and remove the item or move it to the correct character, not essentially telling me that I now have a red item taking up an inventory slot that's unusable AND untransferrable.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I fear you skipped this one when scoping for bugs the last week - it is an annoying but rather straightforward issue. So probably easy to fix.
    Just providing an update that support helped me escalate and had a GM follow up with me separately to find resolution to the issue for me. From what I understand, the devs are looking into things, and for now, people should just be wary that this gear is currently character-bound.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    It is in the tooltop of the items. In some sense, it pretty much tells us if you buy it, it is a piece of garbage. By the way, this is not the first time it happens. I have been very careful about reading tooltip. If the tooltip is wrong (that happened too), that won't save me though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @plasticbat Something being in the tooltip does not mean that such feature is WAI. As it does not make sense and can only anger people, I reported it.
    Would be nice to get an official response, but I kinda don't care that much to push this issue for the third time.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

@plasticbat Something being in the tooltip does not mean that such feature is WAI. As it does not make sense and can only anger people, I reported it.
    Would be nice to get an official response, but I kinda don't care that much to push this issue for the third time.

By all mean, I did not imply it is not a bug. By putting that tooltip there, it itself is the proof it is a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***