test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes to bondings and companions

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, any point in upgrading Bonding Runestones now, or should i just wait for the exchange to go live and trade them in as they're?

They tell you in the post what you'll get in AD for the bondings, and I assume you'll be able to trade them for any other same rank enchant. So its up to you to decide if its worth it (if you have all the mats and they are char bound or whatever, then probably worth it, yes). For example, I have 3 R15 Bondings. If this went live today, I'd probably turn them in for AD and buy 4 R15 Radiants off the AH. That said, the markets going to change I assume by the time this goes live so we will see.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

bruce55 said:

after all the time and effort and you screw us again. Do you enjoy doing things to make people decide to leave the game and not support it. everyother week you do something stupid. geez when will it stop. I can guareentee you will neve get another penny from me and never support this craptic bs anymore.

Not enough info to know if they have "screwed us" or not.
    That is what fanboys said about mount changes and mount collars too.
    Just more of "not meant for everyone" statement regarding trials on stream!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Oof... I just... oof... I would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but there have been too many changes that have been a disaster so I am not expecting this change to be a positive one. Glad to see the buyout for bondings, how about darks?
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2020

tvorez said:

So to compensate the changes we need to upgrade ALL items to max? Good plan, really good!

That is not what the info says. It says that the item level was adjusted to compensate for bondings going away and then companions were made to be upgradeable to Mythic to increase stats even higher than they currently are on live.

For those asking about upgrade tokens, companions can still be upgraded directly with AD as they always have as well as with upgrade tokens.

Companion Influence will be swapped to another stat. The reason every single detail isn't in this post is that the work is currently ongoing. We're hoping to be able to have it ready for preview in a few weeks and will have all of the details ready for that time as well. Since that preview will be after the Black Friday timeframe we wanted to give the heads up on Bonding Runestones now so everyone had that info.
    Really!? LOL. Read the post:
    "Runestones and Enchantments will go up in item level, and therefore increase the stats they give, both as compensation for the removal of Bondings and to give them a better ratio to other areas of the game such as equipment and Mount Passives."

Added: You need to upgrade all: companions, enchantments and runestones! Because compensation will be splitted between them, at max level ofcourse. OMG it will be fun.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    So hang on bondigns are goi

tvorez said:

So to compensate the changes we need to upgrade ALL items to max? Good plan, really good!

That is not what the info says. It says that the item level was adjusted to compensate for bondings going away and then companions were made to be upgradeable to Mythic to increase stats even higher than they currently are on live.

For those asking about upgrade tokens, companions can still be upgraded directly with AD as they always have as well as with upgrade tokens.

Companion Influence will be swapped to another stat. The reason every single detail isn't in this post is that the work is currently ongoing. We're hoping to be able to have it ready for preview in a few weeks and will have all of the details ready for that time as well. Since that preview will be after the Black Friday timeframe we wanted to give the heads up on Bonding Runestones now so everyone had that info.
    Bonding runestones are going away?

Lolz just sold my rank 15 spare for 2.2million AD just in time then.

Shouldnt we be more annoyed that bondings are going away?

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    tvorez said:

tvorez said:

"Runestones and Enchantments will go up in item level, and therefore increase the stats they give, both as compensation for the removal of Bondings and to give them a better ratio to other areas of the game such as equipment and Mount Passives."
    What you quoted is what he explained. I don't see contradiction.
    I read that as: without you doing anything, your current runestone and enchantments will go up in item level. They will give you more stats without you doing anything to cover the lose of bonding.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

So hang on bondigns are goi

tvorez said:

Bonding runestones are going away?

Lolz just sold my rank 15 spare for 2.2million AD just in time then.

Shouldnt we be more annoyed that bondings are going away?

Not really :D

Bonding Rank AD Exchange
    15 == 2,600,000

tvorez said:

tvorez said:

I read that as: without you doing anything, your current runestone and enchantments will go up in item level. They will give you more stats without you doing anything to cover the lose of bonding.
    For now I have maxed Bondings 15 and 10-12 all other Runestones and Enchantments so, yeh nothing to do, it is completely same. O_o
    Ok. My personal conclusion: waiting for new class and when it will be HAMSTER, I believe will, then dropping the game.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    so will this be like the mount changes? will we need to spend ad or money to get the sats we have now? or the mythic will just increase base stats like extra power for the deepcrow?
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Combined rating use for companions and augments will affect the amount of power shared from them since combined rating does not affect power. HPs too.
    tvorez said:

tvorez said:

tvorez said:

For now I have maxed Bondings 15 and 10-12 all other Runestones and Enchantments so, yeh nothing to do, it is completely same. O_o
    You may not believe what he said. I neither but what he explained does not contradict what is posted in news.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    The ad rates for the runestones are really high. I expect the zax to climb to at least 60 million when this update hits the live server.

I don't mind that the bondings are removed but I really hope that the companion bolster isn't that important. At the moment bolster is more like a nice to have but if we really can get up to 100% bolster is might become really important and we would have to upgrade up to 10 companions to mythic (5 for the bonuses and up to 5 including the summoned for bolster) or even more if we swap out bonuses.

I also like thta the enchantments get better stats. Currently upgrading an enchantment all the way to rank 15 is really expensive and only has a small stat benefit.
    edited November 2020

They also casually mention that enhancements are going to be changed too.. . Gotta love how they tried to slip that one by in the announcement, lol.

I am a bit slow today. Where was that mentioned? I understand Dark enchantment and companion influence stat enchantment will have to be changed.

• methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > (Quote)
    > I am a bit slow today. Where was that mentioned? I understand Dark enchantment and companion influence stat enchantment will have to be changed.

From the post:

Runestones and Enchantments will go up in item level, and therefore increase the stats they give, both as compensation for the removal of Bondings and to give them a better ratio to other areas of the game such as equipment and Mount Passives.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User

There haven't been any comments on the actual stat changes yet I think... they are standardizing the stats per item level, so an il1500 x 20 = 30,000 stat points. Assuming 100% bolster makes it il3000 = 60,000 stat points.

Now, if I look at my main, removing the companion bonding bonus, his base combat advantage is around 32,000 (143k with bonding), which means the companion is giving a 111k bonus. With the new companion I would get 6,375 back, meaning a drop of about 104k!!!!!

I mean WTH?

I will go from combat advantage 143k down to 39k!

Cryptic, PLEASE say this isn't so!?

I think the 104k drop is supposed to be mitigated by you upgrading all your companions/mounts to mythic thereby increasing the stat with the bolster bonus multiplier. Where you get the resources for such upgrades is the rub.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Don't really understand you saying "Gotta love how they tried to slip that one by in the announcement, lol."

Are you saying they don't want us to know the stats they give are going to increase? Cause I say that is a good thing too. Those rank 9-15 everyone has( ish) will give more stats......you think thats bad?
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2020

@noworries#8859 So does this mean there isn't going to be three slots anymore for your active companion where bondings are slotted currently?

Also I agree with a previous poster, having 5 categories of companions so you can get a bolster with 5 mythics in each companion means you need a total of 25 mythic companions to have max bolster in each category. This is extremely excessive and costly. I hope your considering making this similar to how mounts work with only 10 needed, and eliminate the categories.

You shouldn't need to have bolster 100% in all 5 categories. It should be only 1. I currently bolster only one to 15% or close to it.
    But have other companions for defense or offense stats. I do hope that we can stop training companions.

I find mount change to be more invasive, I went from trying to get one Legendary mount to needing 10 Mythic.

They need to increase drops in Chests because the supposed Zen drops are far between and pathetic.

Waiting to find out what stat goes to Charisma? From Companion Influence? This is a bigger change vs need 5 Mythic
    Companions. We all knew they were going to do it after Mounts. I was just waiting for the next shoe to drop!!!

Good Luck for those going to take AD n think they'll get 4 Stones on AD. Price probably already going up.
    And Bonding will go down.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    oh, and btw for the people mass buying bondings, don't forget who are we dealing with, most likely those values will be changed on a later date
    Just look at mod 16 when they said we could exchange all our unbound enchants at the vendor and then they made them account bound...
  • methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    > @jrfbrunet said:
    > (Quote)
    > I think the 104k drop is supposed to be mitigated by you upgrading all your companions/mounts to mythic thereby increasing the stat with the bolster bonus multiplier. Where you get the resources for such upgrades is the rub.

My calculations are assuming maximum 100% bolster already, that's the killer....
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    "Companion ACBs will also get a boost"

what are "companion acbs"?
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Im guessing the sloted powers, deep crow power, splinters' crit sev, alpha compy 5% power etc