test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Another big change. I guess 3 less things to be refined up. And much more companions to be upgraded.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • b33lz3bubbab33lz3bubba Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    As companion influence is also being dropped, what happens to insignia of dominance / dark enchantments? Or is this going to be like tactical over again?
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Will there be a trade in for Dark enchants as well?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Will there be a trade in for Dark enchants as well?

And the traded-in-for will be bound?
    - bye bye -
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Just a cash grab.
    "Last part of these changes is that companions will be able to be upgraded to Mythic, which will have a base 1500 Item Level like mounts do. Mythic companions provide 20% bolster and a given companion category will be able to max out at 100% bolster with the top 5 quality companions in that category."

But it is for sure "what players asked for".

Unless you can buy companion upgrade packs with AD from the wonderous bazaar I can see myself skipping this "update" like I am with the collars. Just another thing to make the ZAX exchange more constipated IMO. Seriously hunting for whales at this point will just lead to many empty servers, but I suppose that is working as intended.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

And wich stat will replace companion influence? thats important tho

I just did free race reroll and took +2 Charisma on my OP Tank for companion influence... My tank goes Con/Cha.
    What other benefit will be added to Charisma? How about Physical Damage... Tanks are again getting hit bad.

I hope we get free rerolls too. Goes without saying all my Dark Stones need free change. But this is a money grab, no different than mounts. And knew Companions was next. Mythic Mounts by 10. At least Companions is only by 5 and most are already Legendary in given Category for Bolster. Mounts never had bolster n no real need for multiple Legendary mounts before change. So Mount change more of money grab...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    A big question is about the companion damage formula/or how much stats will the companion gain. If they could comfortably sit on 90k+ of various off/def stats, then it would be an improvement. But that seems unlikely, so once again their attacks will get significant damage reduction. And I doubt they would use player's stat for the damage formula purposes.

On the other hand, they appraised "combat ability" at 15% stat loss? That is way too low to justify augment, unless the combat ability equals a vanity pet. =)
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Campaign boons tier 3 - simple support, gives 2% companion influence per rank. that will need to be changed to something else.
    will we get to exchange dark enchantments that we have slotted in utility slots for the companion influence??
    will we get to exchange dominance mount insignias becaue they have companion influence on them??
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

Just a cash grab.
    "Last part of these changes is that companions will be able to be upgraded to Mythic, which will have a base 1500 Item Level like mounts do. Mythic companions provide 20% bolster and a given companion category will be able to max out at 100% bolster with the top 5 quality companions in that category."

But it is for sure "what players asked for".

Unless you can buy companion upgrade packs with AD from the wonderous bazaar I can see myself skipping this "update" like I am with the collars. Just another thing to make the ZAX exchange more constipated IMO. Seriously hunting for whales at this point will just lead to many empty servers, but I suppose that is working as intended.
    There's no need for companion upgrade packs in the wondrous bazaar, companions can be upgraded with plain AD. I don't think they're gonna change that and, even if they do, there are many sources of free Companion Tokens, Legacy Quests being one of the best.
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So to compensate the changes we need to upgrade ALL items to max? Good plan, really good!
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    When does this aberration become available on preview shard?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    so you need 5 companions from 1 category, lets say beasts all at mythic level to get 100% bolster, then you need to use one of those as your active companion. so far ok, but then you will want to upgrade all the companions you've chosen for the companion offense, defense and utility slots to go to mythic to max out those bonuses as well, so you may need to upgrade 10 companions to mythic, just like mounts
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I have a question about companion bonuses in offensive, defensive, utility slots. Are those touched as well? I mean, I know we get new rank for companions (mythic), but I want to know if there is something more in there than just simple increase in values for mythic ones.

For example, Deepcrow Hatchling currently on live has 8000 power. I assume mythic rank will just increase it to 10000, right? Or is there something else going on/planned for those?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Well, any point in upgrading Bonding Runestones now, or should i just wait for the exchange to go live and trade them in as they're?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

after all the time and effort and you screw us again. Do you enjoy doing things to make people decide to leave the game and not support it. everyother week you do something stupid. geez when will it stop. I can guareentee you will neve get another penny from me and never support this craptic bs anymore.

Not enough info to know if they have "screwed us" or not.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, any point in upgrading Bonding Runestones now, or should i just wait for the exchange to go live and trade them in as they're?

You have all the info you need about that...just need to do the math.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I hope they're either going to remove the need for companions to gain experience before you can level them up, or make companion experience tomes more readily available and revert back to all companions slotted (currently 5) gain experience as we do rather than just the summoned one.