test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Updated] Aasimar race wrong audio

vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
edited December 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
With the recent unlock of the Aasimar race, I've decided to reroll my paladin (he used to be a Gith).

However, I was surprised to hear a different audio being played when the character attacks/jumps/falls. It's some high-pitched sound, totally different than before.
Before you tell me this might be something that's race specific, let me tell you that other friends of mine who rerolled the race too (from a Human), do not experience the same audio on their Aasimar characters.

Here's a comparison.

Aasimar audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5Zo3BVga4
Human/Dragonborn/Gith audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Fc6UPRLrI

I tried to experiment with further race rerolling in the preview server and I noticed that rerolling from Aasimar back to a Human will keep the same weird, high-pitched audio (1st video above).
Also, there seem to be no options in character creation or rerolling screens that would cause different audio to be played on the character.

Since this seems inconsistent, is there any way you can make Aasimars sound like the 2nd video?
I feel this version of Aasimar audios are too loud and they're slowly but surely driving me nuts, too...
Thank you.

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
Post edited by vasile1991 on

Comments

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    For my personal experience with Aasimar, race it seems to be unpolished and kinda rushed. Since I don`t play with sound I didn`t noticed this problem. I just tested the sound on my barbarian and for me the sound miss entirely. But still better without attack animation sound than this annoying one on paladins. I will follow this thread as long as the others reported for updates from the team to see if they will do something about. It is a paid class at the end of the day and with such a quality assurance I won`t pay for future products if the situation will be the same.
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I found out the cause. For the Aasimar race (only?) it seems the audio is changed when wearing the yellow wings.
    Disabling the yellow wings will also get rid of the constipated sounds the character does when he jumps or performs certain at-wills or encounters (sorry but they really sound bad...).

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.