test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Solved] Breastplate of the Crusader not giving power

hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
The description mentions that the Breastplate of the Crusader will give 8k power if the user has a temporary shield but this does not seem to be the case.

Paladin, using Divine Shelter on myself.

Without shield:

With shield from Divine Shelter:

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
Post edited by hastati96 on

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I know this may be an obvious question but did the armour you were wearing before give any power? (Including armour kits) You might just be netting a 1K increase when all is said and done.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2020

I know this may be an obvious question but did the armour you were wearing before give any power? (Including armour kits) You might just be netting a 1K increase when all is said and done.

I am wearing the Breastplate of the Crusader in both pictures so no. The armor I was wearing before the breastplate was giving defense. The 500 power I got with the shield was a proc from the arms.

Another thought of mine was that the effect might only work if the shield is applied on me by someone else but I didn't have the time to verify this theory.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Are you wearing barkshield? Some people in my alliance confirmed stacks from barkshield count and proc the ability.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Are you wearing barkshield? Some people in my alliance confirmed stacks from barkshield count and proc the ability.

Yes, you are correct. I am wearing a barkshield and it seems to count as a shield / temp hp so it activates the 8k power. Thanks!

without barkshield:

with barkshield:

• vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    You don't really need a barkshield for it.
    You will proc this power by holding up your shield (blocking) and it's still on about 2s after you're done doing this. The 2s is enough to have the power at the right moments for some extra healing potency.
    It even works with other paladin abilities like Burning Light (+ the Burning Light feat that causes you to block).

For short, whenever you block and 2s after you're done blocking, you will proc the effect. It works amazingly consistent across various ways of blocking, I'm actually impressed... lol

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.