test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RTQ item level requirement

xanderleopard2#4636 xanderleopard2 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
edited November 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
It has become a really an annoyance for RTQ and possibly REDQ players who are trying to finish these daily dungeons because people like the picture keep joining these as the requirements for those are very low, since we got collars and mounts etc. giving extra ilvl. it'd be nice if you guys raised the ilvl requirement

ZG2oA.png

these players who know nothing about the mechanics join the fights, never communicating, never reading, simply destroying the fun and the boss fights. besides, they dont even have the stats to be able to do these fights properly imo.
Tagged:

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    People have been complaining for years about the low entry level. They haven't changed it yet. I don't expect them to.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Many people stopped queueing for straight random content because of this. We do a premade group to avoid this and leave the randoms to fail on their own. I really hate saying this because it sucks for newer players but it is what it is. I'm playing for a bit of fun, not to have the fun sucked out of my time. I'm all for teaching someone who wants to learn but that's not often the case in randoms.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Game is now on epic store too. So that's the reason of more new players. But some "randoms" really need changes. Especially CODG in rtq. Today i got into codg with 5 new dpses with free artifacts. Even healers were "fresh". It was not fun at all.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I only do RTQ now because the queue time is usually pretty good now even for DPS (sometimes the queue pops before I finish one even one of the quick weekly RAD quests). The low-geared tanks and healers really help move the queue and, except for CoDG, are inconsequential to the run.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    and high lvl, you get cut down so far stat wise via scaling that apart from power i pretty much have the stats this pictured dude has...im 36, 271 ilvl 250k power 100k+ all stats 150k Combat adv without scaling...now i am aware that theres a scaling rework in the pipeline and it was initial planned for release this month (november) any idea if its still incoming or a due date? the roadmap just said the month
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This is the problem with having 3 queues available. Just wait until Zariels, TOMM and LOMM are added to the queue. Remember, Cryptic doesn't take dungeon difficulty or the mechanics into account, they just throw it in there and assume everyone can do it or learn. Sadly, *most* people doing runs aren't open to holding someone's hand through it, so I'm not entirely sure how people are supposed to learn.

They need a "training" queue or something, where there are rewards, but somehow things are slowed down for explanations. Not entirely sure how that would work...maybe when you get to the bosses, the game pauses for chatting or something? Or the game pauses and a voiceover explains what the thing thats about to happen is going to do...I don't know.

I played for years and then left for a couple. I came back just before the Redeemed Citadel event started, and have yet to run TOMM, LOMM or TIC, because I don't want to annoy anyone by having them teach me the mechanics. I ran Baby Zariel once and can honestly say, I still don't have any clue what the mechanics are - the team just out DPS'd it (which seems to be a common theme in this game). I'll probably do them in a year or so, when the gear has made them easy.

When they made this queue system a while ago, people told them - there are going to be too many dungeons that require different skill levels, and you are going to cram everyone into them and hope for the best. Here we are. I can solo Castle Never and LOL and probably many others, and I am not BIS. These are in the same queue as CR. TONG and others that I can't. Thats just not right.

Lastly, what on earth was the point of those worthless, Artifacts that arent really artifacts.....I can't even see a brand new toon using those.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Placeholders for new players until they can get real artifacts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I just got back in from my bowling night. @greywynd is correct, they are dummy artifacts that should be replaced ASAP.

To the OP @xanderleopard2#4636 I don't understand how they are "destroying the fun" but I love to watch dumpster fires too. These players are also place holders and without them your wait for that queue to pop is going to be a long one. It won't matter to me, I do randoms sometimes, but they are not a critical part of the game to me. Go ahead, boost that item level requirement to 100,000 and see all of you stand in PE begging for people to join you.

Here is my highly unique solution to avoid playing with people you don't like. You could never tell it from my massive charm and charisma, but I have people in this game I call "friends". The concept is this, we get a group together or no less than 5 of us, and join the Random Queues together. Then we can scream at each other over our discord about what morons we have as friends. I operate one of those things called a guild, but they are very exclusive and no one ever will invite you to play in there.

I was thinking about jumping online tonight, but I think I will do something on my PS4 instead. All I am saying here, in case you missed it, you always have options, why are you trying to spoil this game for the plebs?
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

This is the problem with having 3 queues available. Just wait until Zariels, TOMM and LOMM are added to the queue. Remember, Cryptic doesn't take dungeon difficulty or the mechanics into account, they just throw it in there and assume everyone can do it or learn. Sadly, *most* people doing runs aren't open to holding someone's hand through it, so I'm not entirely sure how people are supposed to learn.

They need a "training" queue or something, where there are rewards, but somehow things are slowed down for explanations. Not entirely sure how that would work...maybe when you get to the bosses, the game pauses for chatting or something? Or the game pauses and a voiceover explains what the thing thats about to happen is going to do...I don't know.

I played for years and then left for a couple. I came back just before the Redeemed Citadel event started, and have yet to run TOMM, LOMM or TIC, because I don't want to annoy anyone by having them teach me the mechanics. I ran Baby Zariel once and can honestly say, I still don't have any clue what the mechanics are - the team just out DPS'd it (which seems to be a common theme in this game). I'll probably do them in a year or so, when the gear has made them easy.

When they made this queue system a while ago, people told them - there are going to be too many dungeons that require different skill levels, and you are going to cram everyone into them and hope for the best. Here we are. I can solo Castle Never and LOL and probably many others, and I am not BIS. These are in the same queue as CR. TONG and others that I can't. Thats just not right.

Lastly, what on earth was the point of those worthless, Artifacts that arent really artifacts.....I can't even see a brand new toon using those.

I am all for training portals. I think most of the players, don't understand English, or haven't mastered the language yet, there are also a lot of non English players from outside the US as well. Voice overs in all those languages will cost at least a few hundred dollars and most of us will just press the skip button to avoid listening to it. People who skip a lot of dialog during the level 1 to 4 tutorial, should be forced to repeat it until they get it right.

No thought is ever put into any dungeons they make on this game and it shows. If any of the dungeons contained entertainment value, they would never need to compensate players to run them. The format is a slippery slope, balanced between the need for AD and the time it takes to wait in line. If they raise the item level, the next request will be to raise the reward. If I run these at all, I do them with my guild and people I know.

Just killing time...
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    This discussion should include the numerous alt's that do not have enough gear for certain content so: CoDG. All this because there are Re Rolls tokens in these chars - many are being used only for this purpose of actually using them, something that would not be wrong, but which often ends up getting in the way since the players also do not hold the domain of the class.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I think that raising the necessary Item Level could generate some problems that have already been mentioned by others in this forum. My suggestion is to create random Queues per item level, regardless of whether it is Trial or REDQ, or even Skirmish. Making lines with 3k interval of item level for example. It could be, something like:
    Randons Queue from 13k to 15k (in this row all Dungeons, Skirmish and Trial of this item level range would enter)
    Randons Queue from 16k to 18k, following the same logic until all contents are in the appropriate Randons Queue.

This distribution can be changed with the passing of the modules and the increase of the players' item level average. we know that probably at some point in the future, there will be a level campaign under the style of Undermontain that will give equipment to everyone just arrived at level 80, making them reach 20k of item level immediately and with that it will not be necessary to divide the contents below of this level being able to assign everything a single Randons Queue of 20k of item level. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but I think something in that sense could work.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914