test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Redeemed Citadel store - mount tokens disabled

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Hey folks, we have a fix for packs that cannot be opened. Fix is being tested but we hope to have it live soon.

As a reminder, you can only get one pack per week. We are aware of some players obtaining multiple packs due to click/lag reaction time but only one would be valid for opening.

I now have 3 packs by getting one per week.
    Do you mean I can open one per week after the bug is fixed and the remaining can be opened in subsequent weeks? I assume this is what you mean.
    Or, after opening one, the other 2 will disappear (I hope not)?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Hey folks, we have a fix for packs that cannot be opened. Fix is being tested but we hope to have it live soon.

As a reminder, you can only get one pack per week. We are aware of some players obtaining multiple packs due to click/lag reaction time but only one would be valid for opening.

Do you mean I can open one per week after the bug is fixed and the remaining can be opened in subsequent weeks? I assume this is what you mean.
    Same question.
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • minionbobminionbob Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Bump, need to know this myself
  • kyros#3364 kyros Member Posts: 18 Arc User

yea, this problem could be snowballing into an even larger issue
    That post makes its sound like those of us that keep legitimately
    buying the1 of broken pack each week might get shafted,
    we need to know if we are just throwing favors away buying them before this is fixed.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    What the others said. We were supposed to have gotten 10 or 15 mount tokens by now (depending on whether you bought them for this week already) and the total number of weeks we can get this is limited because it's only available while the Redeemed Citadel event lasts. Everyone should be given the same amount of mount tokens, and it should be more than just the 5 for the current week.

As for the click / lag reaction time: I closed the shop, opened and checked my inventory and re-opened the shop before trying to buy again. And even after that the option remained available. I don't think this option remains available due to click / lag / reaction time if it's still available after several days. Also, people who don't notice their Zariel's Favor are being spent until they run out (and people who bought many 'placeholder packs' on purpose), and keep trying to buy the reward wondering why they're not getting any mount tokens, should be compensated with their Zariel's Favor back as well. They could have easily spent that on other things. (Of course, reimbursing their Zariel's Favor should not also add to the Favor progress for M4 if that can be prevented.)
    So, it's third week we're sitting with non-working mount tokens pack. 15 upgrade tokens seems to be wasted already. What's now? Should we buy the pack now to get these tokens later or (in case you already had 1-2 of them) it will be just a waste of zariel's favor?

@nitocris83 Any info?
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Here's to seeing if it has been fixed when the server comes up!

Here's to seeing if it has been fixed when the server comes up!

I doubt it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    It is not.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I still have the problem... when wit the patch be released?

Urlord
    This week, it did not even let me purchase the mount token placeholder. I bought the companion tokens first. Order was Wards (on a different day) -> daily AD -> companion tokens.

I am now out 15 mount tokens compared to a not bugged situation. They are hard to come by, and I expect the solution to involve giving everyone those 15 mount tokens.

I need 39 more to upgrade another mount, and I will only have opportunity to buy the weekly 5 mount tokens (IF it is fixed by next week) four more times before the Redeemed Citadel event ends and it disappears. With two lucky 2 token dungeon drops in a month, that would put me right at the amount I need! but I DO need those tokens I missed because of this bug to be able to.
  • minionbobminionbob Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Bump, still an issue, what is the timeline for an estimated resolution?
  • tamardltamardl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    These mount token packs have now been broken for weeks, while I appreciate @nitocris83 noting back on Oct 26th that this was being escalated, I am disappointed in the nothing that has happened since then. I would appreciate not only this issue being fixed so we can claim the packs appropriately going forward, but that a mount token pack for the amount we could not actually claim be made available.
    So, I've checked on Preview and it looks like we will be able to open all these packs but only one per week.

@nitocris83 "Thanks" for ignoring our questions all these days.
  • themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Yes i understand so do we get the zariel favors back ?
    We will get all mount tokens we spend our zariel's favor on, if I understand correctly.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Since the campaign is not active on preview I can't test this theory yet, but my guess is that after this patch, if you buy 5 mount tokens from vendor you will be blocked from opening the ones we have in inventory for a week.
    And since you can buy tokens again next week, this goes on until the entire campaign ends and we can no longer buy the mount tokens in Citadel.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I expect to have the ones in my inventory there for a long time.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • solaria29solaria29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I was able to purchase it but I don't get any mount tokens. Instead I get an item with the placeholder icon in my inventory. I can't open it -- it simply says that I have all of the items in the package when I try to.

I have the same problem too

This was fixed in the last patch. I can now buy the mount tokens and they appear in my Riches tab. I did not buy the companion tokens first.

The 'placeholder item' now has an icon, name and description. The description says: 'May only be purchased once per week per account. [...] this item will no longer be available for purchase once the event has ended.'. Does that mean that we can open these items/packs of 5 mount tokens in the weeks after the event ends? That is (mostly) satisfactory for me, I think I missed 15 tokens and I have 2 of the item so I will be able to get only 10 tokens. It's weird tho that it did not give me another placeholder thing last week - I purchased the 5 mount token pack on Sunday. Anyway, that's forgivable - at least that's most of the tokens. Did you consider, however, that some people might have discarded their placeholder items?
  • mindfruit80mindfruit80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am still unable to claim my weekly mount tokens for this week after the patch even though I have noot claimed any..... nice job on that patch lol
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Please let us open the packs we purchased in the previous weeks. I have 2 extra packs, 4000 favors worth that I can't open this week and presumably won't be able to open next week unless I forego buying the weekly pack then. If we can't open these existing packs, let us exchange them for the favors that they cost.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Please let us open the packs we purchased in the previous weeks. I have 2 extra packs, 4000 favors worth that I can't open this week and presumably won't be able to open next week unless I forego buying the weekly pack then. If we can't open these existing packs, let us exchange them for the favors that they cost.

This...

If we can only open 1 pack per week, and can only open them while the citadel is active, then we still missed out on tokens for the amount of weeks that the bug was active. Why are players being punished for the bug when it was reported in the first week by players and then ignored (or at least not fixed) by devs for weeks?

Can devs not disqualify or refund token packs that were bought in excess of what was intended? For instance, figure out how many total weeks people could buy tokens and put a hard limit on how many packs can be opened on any account?
    edited November 2020
    manttazz said:

If we can only open 1 pack per week, and can only open them while the citadel is active, ...

I am missing something. I do not see they said it cannot be opened after the event is over. The tool tip only says it cannot be purchased after the event is over. If it is said somewhere else, I do not aware of it. I expect I can open it after the event is over or whenever I want as long as it is once per week.

If it cannot be opened after the event, it will be a trap. One may not open it right the way. It should open it for me without my extra action.

I am not saying what you described cannot happen. It is just not said (or I do not know they said it).
    I hope that I'm misinterpreting the statement in the tooltip.

"Only available while the Redeemed Citadel restoration is underway, this item will no longer be available for purchase once the event has ended."

The way I understood it was that they would no longer be usable or available for purchase after the restoration is over. However I tend to read things in the most pessimistic light possible after having played NW since 2013.

Perhaps someone in the know could clarify for us?
    manttazz said:

"Only available while the Redeemed Citadel restoration is underway, this item will no longer be available for purchase once the event has ended."

Well, it says "for purchase", not "for opening". If it won't be avialable for opening too then the whole their fix wouldn't make any sense because right now every week you can only either open one of these packs in inventory or buy one 5x pack from the event store.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I am looking to get clarification on this.

I am looking to get clarification on this.

Looking forward to seeing this clarification posted.
    Two years later...