test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blessed Icon

So this is gonna be a short post, but may I ask... why?
Everything else with offensive ratings has 2 offensive slots, only this doesn't:

1 offensive and 1 defensive. If I want to use a defensive slot then I use it along with a piece that also has defense, and even then - I simply don't need it due to how many variations of gear there are. Currently DPS want all their gear to be as much into offensive as possible, this knocks off over 4k power from a DPS to add most likely defense which can be filled from another sources...

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    IMO, more options for gear is better. Some may find this useful due to being over capped on offensive stats and want to add more defensive stats. 4k power isn't a whole lot once you get towards endgame.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @arazith07
    I fully agree that having options is great. But this option is pretty useless, at the "endgame":

On a dps you cap every stat without a defensive runestone so you want as much offensive stuff(power) as you can get

On a tank its somewhat the same story, this gear isnt great for them because of the sheer amount of stats they need. So they will end up using double stat gear in order to cap everything. And again, this makes this comp gear obsolete.

And healers...well they dont want CA do they?
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    That's the point, at end game even tanks can get all ratings (save for awareness, because it's useless 99% of the time), including combat advantage, while keeping 105k+ power with 1m+ HP, which is more than enough. Healers are fine, their crit strike piece has all offensive stats.

Defense is easy to cap as DPS, as tank you have a very wide range of gear to choose from... so overall defensive slot is more detrimental than it is helpful as of now since it is a 4k power (or an offensive stat in case a tank really needs it) loss.
  • wrongun72#1436 wrongun72 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Can we ask Cryptic whether this is "by design" or an "unintended error". Who do you direct that too, to get a straight answer?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    All offhands have one off and one def. There is nothing special with the Blessed Icon.

This is part of the fundamental design of the system to provide a good mix of offensive and defensive slots.

I think it is more or less only for the rings and comp gear you can choose slot types.
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

All offhands have one off and one def. There is nothing special with the Blessed Icon.

This is part of the fundamental design of the system to provide a good mix of offensive and defensive slots.

I think it is more or less only for the rings and comp gear you can choose slot types.

A bit late but not the cleric weapon but the companion piece from RC...