test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Milestone 4 progress

So milestone 4 has been active for all of 6 hours, and the server is already at more than 25% and the leading players have somehow managed to rack up over 160,000 favours!!! i get that hunts are the best return for time, but something has to be broken. to me it just shows something is broken if a player can get 165,000 in 6 hours

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Nah, it sounds fine to me.. chainfarming T1 hunts with a high dps group.

Gotta be extremely boring though.

It is no longer a contest of who can farm Favor fastest, but who can farm/buy/organize most T1 lures before phase start :)
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Nothing is broken. It works as it's "implemented". Anyway, main price, wings, for top 100 is character bound, not account. But, this is going toooooo fast. Most casual players, well even that who have a job, didn't even started while some were at 100K favors. And that's the main problem. Some people just don't have a chance to win. I hope they'll learn something from this "disaster".
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

There is nothing unexpected. Casual player can never win a contest like this (unless you plug it something everyone hates, RNG). This is normal and expected. It also tell most people not to bother to try for the contest and that is okay too. Causal players won't waste their effort for the contest.

Quoted for truth.

As a casual player nobody got time for this :)
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Yah nothing wrong with Milestone 4 being almost done in the 1st day. Nothing wrong with top favor being almost 900K by now. Face it the Dev's blew it when they doubled favor for Hunts. Ever since the Milestones have been a total joke.

but of course you guys are right, there is nothing wrong with not giving folks a legit shot at rewards. Only good thing is less BHE..BHE... And lets not forget the AD that the hunters are getting for Demon and Devil remains! AD is shot.

Good Job Cryptic! Another messed up event. I expect nothing less
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited November 2020

but of course you guys are right, there is nothing wrong with not giving folks a legit shot at rewards. Only good thing is less BHE..BHE... And lets not forget the AD that the hunters are getting for Demon and Devil remains! AD is shot.

Demon Remains is dirt cheap (42k for 6). Devil remains is not needed except for re-colouring the weapon set. More the hunter, the cheaper they will be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Demon Remains is dirt cheap (42k for 6). Devil remains is not needed except for re-colouring the weapon set. More the hunter, the cheaper they will be.
    That wasn't always the case. At first Demon remains were expensive during M3. Dev's should've left the hunts alone, like initial M1. Outside party members should be able to get favor and remains. Yes Devil remains are not necessary..only 3 IL

but main issue is M4 completing in probably 2 days. The benefits are the other issue.

That wasn't always the case. At first Demon remains were expensive during M3. Dev's should've left the hunts alone, like initial M1. Outside party members should be able to get favor and remains. Yes Devil remains are not necessary..only 3 IL

but main issue is M4 completing in probably 2 days. The benefits are the other issue.
    During M3, once M3 completed, the price dropped to around 20K each. I have been monitoring the price since the beginning of M3. I knew the price would drop eventually. I bought mine for 6 characters for around 20K per demon remains. I considered that was cheap. Now, it is dirt cheap.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Everything's normal.

In this module the game is performing several requests made here in the forum in an exceptional way.

Congratulations to the Dev's for the great work!
    edited November 2020
    Well, first 10, or 15 or 20 or... on the milestone list should get also title - nolifer :) .
    There should be daily limit for favors. For people who work and didn't get day off to grind for, i don't know, 36 hours or even less ? Now, they can only use money and buy account wide mount/wings. True, it looks better and it's account wide, but if some one who worked yesterday wanted to compete, he just couldn't. Event just started but almost over. So this is not about most dedicated players. This is far from that.
    edited November 2020

Well, first 10, or 15 or 20 or... on the milestone list should get also title - nolifer :) .
    There should be daily limit for favors. For people who work and didn't get day off to grind for, i don't know, 36 hours or even less ? Now, they can only use money and buy account wide mount/wings. True, it looks better and it's account wide, but if some one who worked yesterday wanted to compete, he just couldn't. Event just started but almost over. So this is not about most dedicated players. This is far from that.

What is the point to have a limit in a competition? So, there are (say) 1000 people reach the limit everyday and the prize is only 100 items. How would that work? Use RNG to randomly choose the winners?

The prize of milestone 4 does not look like account wide.
    The one from Zen store (if available), since it is a mount, it should be account wide.
    edited November 2020

What is the point to have a limit in a competition? So, there are (say) 1000 people reach the limit everyday and the prize is only 100 items. How would that work? Use RNG to randomly choose the winners?

Or to give that ch. bound wings to everyone who reach the limit while event lasts. Limit shouldn't be too low. Competition ? This is not competion. This is 36 hours event for shared accounts. And, don't get me wrong. I'am casual player and couldn't get wings even if they put limit on 5K favors daily.

Or to give that ch. bound wings to everyone who reach the limit while event lasts. Limit shouldn't be too low. Competition ? This is not competion. This is 36 hours event for shared accounts. And, don't get me wrong. I'am casual player and couldn't get wings even if they put limit on 5K favors daily.
    Then, there is no competition. It is just another 'normal' event. Do X, Y, Z and you will get something.

Then, there is no competition. It is just another 'normal' event. Do X, Y, Z and you will get something.

Well they can give 6 hours daily per account to grind favors. Start button, countdown and let's play...
    Or even that isn't competition ?!?!
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User

I cant see how is this a problem

Rewarding the most dedicated players with something unique but something that doesnt affect the power of the player is just brilliant.

One of the few things this mod done right.

I have a very hard time seeing some of those people as 'dedicated', when they are just feasting on lures their fans farmed for them. Several small armies of people simping for youtuber X or Y ensured this was anything but a fair contest for the people that were actually trying to compete without having a youtube channel and giveaway codes.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    kierlakx said:

I cant see how is this a problem

Rewarding the most dedicated players with something unique but something that doesnt affect the power of the player is just brilliant.

One of the few things this mod done right.

I have a very hard time seeing some of those people as 'dedicated', when they are just feasting on lures their fans farmed for them. Several small armies of people simping for youtuber X or Y ensured this was anything but a fair contest for the people that were actually trying to compete without having a youtube channel and giveaway codes.
    Not that I don't agree with your general opinion, altho: Between those people you mentioned and r100 is a lot of space, favor-wise too. Depending on how much time you have, it is not impossible by default to get the "hot" stuff.

In general, I wonder why it's so appealing to waste this much time on favor farming at all. Compare those hours to other stuff you could do ingame...
    - bye bye -
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Crazy race and rush.

It took 39h (+/- 5 minutes) to get to the 100%

Galactic Underwear climbed up to 1 123 575 favors, equivalent to 5617 lures. That's 28 810 favors/h (~144 T1 lures/h)

Sleeping and have to go to your job was not an option if you wanted to be in the top4

If you wanted to be in top100, you must have had the possibility to be in a lure party for 2700 lures, do 540 007 favors at 69/h rate.

Magnus from my guild finally ended 33rd (he was 12th before he went to sleep last french night and it was 91%, he had droped to the 59th place when he came back for the 99% to 100% last effort)

Congratz to Galactic and also Mordecai (who may not managed to claim first place on each phase, but grabed 3 top1 and still finished first page on the last phase nonetheless ;) ).
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    @thany#4351 those milestones being a disaster is completely a matter of point of view. Top100 is designed as a race for super hardcore players. the 28k favors in 4 weeks is designed for less hardcore and casual players.

Personnally, I wasn't able to enter the top100 (i'm somewhere ending up at 100k+28k+21k favors as I switched between 3 toons), one guildmate was able to but not any other, only one allymate succeed too (91th place).

Magnus was available and motivated. Most of us knew it was nearly impossible 3 weeks ago.
    Personnally I was working 11/11 (though it should have been a public holiday for french ^^)

That doesn't mean i didn't enjoyed the race and rush :

We planned, we organized, we farmed, we traded, we calculated, we spoke to others.
    Since 3 weeks, close to our entire guild was funneling lures for Magnus, involving 20 of us (and half of them not even playing 2h/day) devoted to get our Champion in the starting blocks so at the start of Milestone 4 he was prepared with guaranted 1800 lures (not enough as the numbers i posted above shown :P).

2 weeks ago, we made use of our "address books", concluded deals because we were suspecting alones we would be short in lures. On 11th november, most of the connected guildmates who were not part of the T1 farming party were either running over manes/killing infected manes, droping the dwarves/wolves, acting as a bank for Magnus, trading or negociating with externals or dpsing the hunt as a side helper.

And we managed to make 1 of us get to the 33rd, everyone involved in the guild is super proud.

That's what was milestone4 for Magnus, me, my guild : a well prepared collective win beyond all odds.

And because a MMORPG is also a social game, this favors race and rush was also a contest on about who was socially skilled to get enough "ammunitions" to enter the fray ;).
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Special shout out to Mordecai, one of the guild leaders of BladeRunners finishing on the first page in each of the Milestones and winning 3 of them. Most do not know that Mordecai and the other guild leaders of BladeRunners made this a guild event and got 15 BladeRunners in the top 100 in Milestone 3 and 8 BladeRunners in the top 100 in Milestone 4 (myself included). Mordecai could have tried to win Milestone 4 also but he chose to make sure others placed inside the top 100 instead of personal glory even though many guildees wanted him to win this Milestone too. Mordecai and all of the guild leaders of BladeRunners went above and beyond to make sure we as a guild succeeded. Thank you all for your dedication and thank you for my companion and wings! Krakatoa
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

Crazy race and rush.

It took 39h (+/- 5 minutes) to get to the 100%

Galactic Underwear climbed up to 1 123 575 favors, equivalent to 5617 lures. That's 28 810 favors/h (~144 T1 lures/h)

Sleeping and have to go to your job was not an option if you wanted to be in the top4

If you wanted to be in top100, you must have had the possibility to be in a lure party for 2700 lures, do 540 007 favors at 69/h rate.

Magnus from my guild finally ended 33rd (he was 12th before he went to sleep last french night and it was 91%, he had droped to the 59th place when he came back for the 99% to 100% last effort)

Congratz to Galactic and also Mordecai (who may not managed to claim first place on each phase, but grabed 3 top1 and still finished first page on the last phase nonetheless ;) ).

im sure u can do that to less than 24h continuus play if u have good high dps team
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Not only dedicated players, they had to farm, or pay for that lures. Or have friends that help hem. In any case is a lot of dedication and effort in the game and my congrats for them. Enjoy that unique items you earned them!

The only thing that was wrong in my opinion was that the contest finished in less than 2 days. Thats a misscalculation but well, they should learn from this for the next similar content.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • loumos#1627 loumos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Indeed I am 33th, I made efforts, I stayed awake, no I am not unemployed, I am a student so it is easier. I'm sorry for those who didn't reach the top100. But I know someone who works and yet he is ranked 92th.

I took advantage of the day off that we have in France and Belgium so I was lucky. (we won the war anyway lol)

It was personal work but the big part of the project goes beyond me. My guild was behind me and also did some work. I only reported + - 700 T1, and I made + -3200.

I spent 3 million AD to have more T1

Although I am not in the first page but I hope to give a little visibility to my alliance (La grande hermine) but also my guild (Les Renegats).

Btw people selling and complaining about not making top 100 are ridiculous. Being alone for this event was not possible either, but if we knew it then you too knew it.

Thanks especially to Tcheffi (it's like my little daddy from this event always behind me) he didn't sleep much I wish him rest.

Thanks to Galactic for his help, without whom this was not possible and well done for the top 1. You lost battles but you won the war.

Thanks to: Chou, Solyane, Wih, Hodric, Gahid, Dreike, Loglava, Vercin, Seyar, Gotine, Jubia, Slannesh, Tendrak, BigB

For the work brought, Some of them will say that they have given almost nothing, but one more stone is one more stone for the construction of a castle.

Be nice to my friends if you see them. <3

Magnus the angel but soon fallen :p
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    @tchefi#6735 @loumos#1627 You all did a fantastic job! It was a very exciting race and I also didn't sleep much =) We took much of the same approach and scaled it up a bit for 3 champions! We had our 3 champions(Ethanidas, Fyre, and Juni), we had our goal(Them to the top 100), and a plan. Our group of friends came together and amazed each other with one hell of a team effort! We really hoped for top 100, but 3 of the top 5?!?!? Amazing!

To everyone who says there is something wrong with feeding a few to get them there, well this IS a MMORPG why wouldn't we use team work to make it happen? We farmed as a team and we killed the hunts as a team. And many of us did this knowing there was no personal gain to come from it and we loved every minute of it! Everyone played a part. The 3 champions grinding nearly 40 hours along with farming, prepping, and aligning a hunt team. James farming like a mad man and bringing pain to the hunt marks, Nyte, DD, and Willow with their hit and run skills taking out manes, Cleo farming trophy's and adding muscle to the kill team, Nurgle grabbing every mask and fang he could get his hands on, and myself for waving my pompoms and killing hunts!

Special thanks to Galactic Underwear for staying up with us for 40 hours and CONGRATS on your 1st place finish!

Pictured below is the WeGotThis team from .Forsaken Rebels. and friends!!

Ethanidas, Fyre Light, Juniperus, Willow Hawkeye, Nyte Flourish, James, Dark Domme, Nurgle, Cleo Iceheart, and Myself Midnight!