test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hellfire plating everyone greed it I still dont get

aaron#1767 aaron Member Posts: 75 Arc User
LIke the title said I needed on the hellfire plating well everyone passed or greeded and it went to someone who greeded it. NOT GOD DAMN POSSIBLE. I cant even find a group as tank any more and if i do it wont even drop loot on that boss. I know how strange this sounds but vary strange thing happen to me every day many times that can't even be explained in this game. LOL almost like im hacked by a damn quantum super computer lol. I sat there waiting for 3 min for loot to be decided expecting to get it. The guy who recieved said it was a greed role when i was the only one who needed.

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    There is a limit to the drops you can get. I think you can only get one drop from each boss per week or so.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    The drops from here have been bugged since day 1. If you collect drops from other bosses it seems to count against your total for other pieces. I also find that if I run TiC a few times in a week and pass on all drops, it will start to auto pass like you've collected pieces.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I never assumed that Need is trump over Greed. I don't think that was ever stated? Maybe, slightly higher odds but to make it automatic, does not make sense. I choose greed to mess with my friends and taunt them. never in a PUG group as that just seems to mean even for me. But, heh greed is greed i guess
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

I never assumed that Need is trump over Greed. I don't think that was ever stated? Maybe, slightly higher odds but to make it automatic, does not make sense. I choose greed to mess with my friends and taunt them. never in a PUG group as that just seems to mean even for me. But, heh greed is greed i guess

need was always on every game with that system above greed
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

merik1999 said:

need was always on every game with that system above greed
    You are assuming its is automatic. if everyone takes greed and one person takes need, you ASSUME you automatically get it. That was never stated by any Dev. It does give you a higher chance at rolling for it. Why else would you put in Greed? its not greed if it does not have a chance to get it. Maybe if they stated Need or not Need then you have a complaint.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If anyone presses Need, the game doesn't even roll 'dice' for the ones who pressed Greed. Need means you want priority in getting the item. Greed means you want the item but don't claim priority, as in "I will take this if no one really needs it." The system has worked this way since the start of the game. It really created a lot of drama nack then, due to class limitations, value of unbound loot and expectations for or against Greed-Only runs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    If you need the other piece of the drops you can lose out on the other piece as well. Then you can't get more than 1 per week from that boss on that toon.

In other words, you need on both drops, the one you really want is rolled on second. You get the first one you didn't need. You can't get the second one that rolls in that dungeon. This means you should only roll on one of the drops unless you don't get that specific one you want and then can need on the other.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k