test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Known Issue: Zariel's Favor from enemies in Avernus being unintentionally split

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to inform everyone that we are currently aware of an issue wherein Zariel's Favor dropped from enemies in Avernus is being split among all players who damage the enemy rather than the full amount being granted to all players who damage them.

This change was unintentional. Some under the hood changes were made to Zariel's Favor drops in today's patch in order to improve performance on the server and reduce rubber banding and the lag at the end of dungeons which grant Zariel's Favor. These changes unintentionally caused the issue.

I apologize deeply for the inconvenience. We currently have a fix in testing, and will attempt to get this fix live as soon as we are able with as little disruption as possible. Stay tuned to the usual channels for more information once we know when we will be able to apply the fix to live.

We appreciate your patience.

Comments

• dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    This issue seems to also occur in quest progress: I have 'defeat Barlgura Demons', and every camp with Barlguras other players jumped on as well I have not gotten any quest credit for. I did get credit for the ones I did alone. I think you only get quest progress if you kill (last hit) the mob. I don't know if this also applies to the Zariel's Favor issue, but I think they are related.
  • midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I did a BHE after patch on my Justicar Paladin. Was not in a group but I was hitting everything in sight. BHE got to 9 out of 12 bosses and I had a grand total of 2 Zariel Favors from the BHE. LOL Total waste of time. I left and did not look back. Rewards from BHE have been totally nerfed into the ground. Unless you are a high dps class. They seem thrilled with this nerf on tanks and healers.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    midila said:

I did a BHE after patch on my Justicar Paladin. Was not in a group but I was hitting everything in sight. BHE got to 9 out of 12 bosses and I had a grand total of 2 Zariel Favors from the BHE. LOL Total waste of time. I left and did not look back. Rewards from BHE have been totally nerfed into the ground. Unless you are a high dps class. They seem thrilled with this nerf on tanks and healers.

Did you read this post? It is clearly stated that this is a bug and that they are looking into it. This is not a nerf.
  • xxjahvier#9450 xxjahvier Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    While there are many things to gripe about... yeah. But we still play the game. Agreeing or disagreeing means nothing.
  • midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    An unintended nerf but a nerf none the less. The issue is not the ability to read but rather the meaning of words. A much more complicated issue. A multitude of YouTube streamers agree with me. It is an unintended nerf. But yes .. agreeing or disagreeing means nothing. It will be fixed in a few short hours.
  • thepassenger#5836 thepassenger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I saw this issue in my quest progress. But thanks for informing
    Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    So is this fixed? Is it on console?
This discussion has been closed.